Terps Army 2 (formerly Noon)

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate the Noon

I like the Noon
81%
I don't like the Noon
19%

Total votes: 91

angry pirate

Post by angry pirate »

Lemming wrote:Mellow Yellow was the first place I heard of that insisted visitors buy grass and not just a drink. That was many years ago.

Since then I’ve heard occasional stories of other places making the same demand (e.g. Kadinsky and Noon) and more reports about Mellow Yellow. I’m not sure if the owner of Mellow Yellow took over the Noon or the other way around but it’s only since they became linked that I’ve heard about this practice in the Noon.

I’ve never been in Mellow Yellow and it’s a while since I’ve been to the Noon so I’m only passing on what’s been said to me.
:) on the same theme, we stayed close to mellow yellow may2006 and went in early one mornin for a coffee and a sly one as our hotel was no smokin(no shit!!), only one staffer in there and he never even looked like pushin us to buy (ok, we spent a bit in there the day before, but he wasn't there then). he was as friendly as any dealer has been in all our trips over there, can't fault the place. anybody ever splash out on the 50euro per gram hash? would like to hear that rated as i ain't made of money!

peachy

noon

Post by peachy »

noon is round the corner from the rijksmuseum and opposite a nice canal and bench which i sat on for over 90 minutes while stoned deciding whether i needed anymore hash/weed for the night. as i was still recovering from my pipe smoking 1g king hash from carmona on a sunny september 2006. eventually dragged myself up from bench seemed very business mainly locals and loads of moped visits from locals. Slouched onto nice seat but no problems despite it being busy inside. Got 3g honey hash for 25 euros. Dealer fine and friendly
qahouaji

the noon

Post by qahouaji »

I came into the Noon and there was this Blueberry Haze the budtender had for 10EURO a gram. I'd say it was the best cured bud I've seen in a long time, and filled with crystals. Amazing, too stoned! The other time I went there I ran into Mahmoud. He frowned at first because the spliff had no filter, but it was clear he enjoyed it and that was a good sign.

I didn't think that the Mellow Yellow, however, was all that great. "Mellow Berry" was good, but they've arranged the place differently, now there's a little dealer's booth at the front. And if the "Mellow Berry Ice" is 50 EUROS a gram, gotta wonder. He used to open at 8, now I don't know what he does.
trike

Re: the noon

Post by trike »

qahouaji wrote: "Mellow Berry Ice" is 50 EUROS a gram
:shock: :shock: - that's ridiculous.
I miss that place so much.
Jeemer

Post by Jeemer »

I'm actually glad to see other people had a bad experience there, I thought it was just us. Three of us went in and got totally stared at by the locals. Eminem was CONSTANTLY blaring on the tv, any time the video changed the guy seemed to channel hop for another Eminem video. I don't mind eminem but I don't enjoy hearing him super loud when I'm baked. Place was grimy, seats were uncomfy and my mate complained after we left that he had what appeared to be a flea bite.

Anyway, as soon as we sat down we started looking at the menu, my brother got up to order drinks while I decided what weed to get and we got the "you need to buy weed first to stay here" .. I thought that was incredibly poor from a customer service point of view, and I'd already intended to buy a 5g bag of blueberry minimum. Although I still bought it, I stopped at that and refused to spend any more.

I had been buying quality blueberry in the UK in months previous to my visit to the noon, and I bought theirs expecting it to blow away the stuff I got back home.. It was marginally better, but that was about it. Barely began to compete with anything I had nearer the town centre.
Hitonda_Obong

Noon is for Blueberry

Post by Hitonda_Obong »

I go to the Noon because its famous for Blueberry. And, as I prefer hash, I purchase the blueberry ice. I think this is pretty decent, I just smoked some to remind me of the quality :-)

Noon is a long haul from the station and somewhat hard to find. Even though I KNOW where it is, I still have to think twice to find it. Last time I went, I am heading down Speigelstraat where the bike lane and the sidewalk get sort of confused. I am walking in the bike lane staring around to find the Noon. Next thing ' "Gesfilken the fookin bell"! Yes, my bad, I was stoned.

Noon seems to get a bad rap, mainly about the attitude of the people there. Be chill in this place. Its definitely local-oriented and a strong african/rasta contigency. Stop and shop is better, but hang is ok if you buy gear. This is not a tourist entertainment center and not everybody in Amsterdam is on vacation.

You won't get the warm friendly smile of people thinking about their profit margin. But, everytime I bought here as I walked out the bud-tender gave me a friendly sign.
FloridaPothead

Post by FloridaPothead »

I'm shocked to see negative reviews of what I felt was a highlight to my vacation. Noon was an adorable shop and the budtender was very friendly, talkative and happy to accomodate a blueberry lover. I bought 2 grams of Blueberry and loved every smoke of it. Blueberry is so perfect for me - Sweet and uplifting. I can walk forever and just love every second - the blisters on my feet attest to Blueberry's strength; I can barely walk now, but I walked for five days straight in Amsterdam. He told me that none of the other blueberries are the orginal, only his weed is the true Blueberry. Although, I must admit that I've had sweeter blueberries before. I came there for the Blueberry, but the budtender suggested I try the Blueberry Haze as it is his favorite. It was incredible. This is what I love most about weed. If it is in stock (as I'm sure it will sell out and you can't blame a guy when his weed is popular), please try the Blueberry Haze. It was my new favorite blueberry. I would always go back to Noon.
mr morrell

Post by mr morrell »

After reading quite a few positive reviews we made the effort to go here, wanted to try the Blueberry everyone has been going on about. Bought 2 grams for a good price and was impressed overall - not too strong, just a great tasting bud with an uppy sort of high. The shop itself is small, like a lot of Amsterdam coffeeshops, and it is very open - the bar is along the side so you're very exposed. This makes it all very sociable but I quite like spaces with a bit more privacy at times; still, pretty difficult with such small spaces to work with.
John Steed
MsLed

Post by MsLed »

I liked noon. The seating is quite comfortable and their Blueberry is very good. The budtender was very nice and friendly, while the drinks average price. They were playing some chilled old reggae which was perfect.

Another recommendation. :P
Mrs Peel
lidodude

Best Haze during my trip

Post by lidodude »

Coffeeshop: The Noon
Date of visit: 11/23/2006
Rating: Liked the shop!
This shop was another Cannabis Cup stop for me. I hit this shop by myself, my traveling companions just couldn’t take anymore walking or smoking. I thought this shop was nicely laid out. I picked up a gram of their cup entry, Blueberry Haze, for €10, and bought some water and coffee. The bud tender was professional and friendly. I found a nice place to chill opposite the bud bar and proceeded to meet several people from different parts of the Europe; England, France, and Ireland. The Blueberry Haze was my favorite entry in the cup. It had a sweet berry smell, and the berry flavor lasted the whole joint, real nice sativa high too.
:wink:
jim and sonja

Post by jim and sonja »

We visited noon 3 or 4 times a few weeks ago their blueberry is well worth the visit alone, really cool little shop and friendly staff. This place is now added to must pop in on future visits to the holy land. :D :D :D
I smoke, therefore i am
iliveinAMSTERDAM!

Yeah Haze!

Post by iliveinAMSTERDAM! »

Greetings from Amsterdam!

Noons is a place ive been going back to for years! Its almost my favorite shop!!

The blueberry and blueberry haze are a must smoke!
so too the honey hash!

cool staff and cool interior!

well worth a visit! and a quiet chill!

peace.
Don't get ripped off!!!
skars

Post by skars »

blueberry was decent but not stelllar IMO. Maybe I had the bottom of the barrel.
STR 14
DEX 12
CON 15
INT 8
WIS 10
CHA 9
Kathar

Post by Kathar »

I'm not sure how valid my feelings about Noon are but I'll add my impressions. It was a strange mix of a place where you should have a good trip to Hindu heaven and instead take a trip into buddhist hell. I went for the blueberry and bought a haze pre-roll - no tobacco. I'll admit I'm a lightweight smoker even though a gram and a half of hash in a few hours didn't really kick me around that much. I knew the B.Berry Haze would be strong but was in no way prepared for what followed. I think a big part of it had to do with the atmosphere of Noon.

In short: I felt like I was in a sleazy opium den and not a coffeeshop. I've grown up spending time in some of the worst cities in the northeastern USA and been in some rough places. But for some reason the entire vibe here made me uneasy right away, and I should have bought and left. The locals up front seemed distinctly uncomfortable with me and my GF here. The budtender was a friendly middle-eastern guy but I still got the vibe he wanted me to buy weed and leave. I actually had to ask the guy several times for the drink I paid for. He wasn't rough about it, he just seemed to completely ignore it and talk to his friends some more. This is no way to bring customers back. Then the haze set in. It was nice at first, floaty and time slowing down. Then I felt like someone had put me in a mental wind tunnel and I became intensely paranoid. The rap music and the TV rounded it out to somewhere between a dream like hallucination and this kind of lurking threat. Maybe it was just me and my reaction to the drugs, or perhaps it was the drugs reacting to the time and place. But I forced myself to leave and then of course hitting the crowded, bright streets sent everything to hell. This may be purely a situational thing and perhaps I'd go back there again. To buy if nothing else. But it was the only time in my life (including being at a strip joint where there was a gun fight) I actually felt threatened. Just paranoia from the weed? Maybe. But I see others have felt this kind of vibe in here to. I'd buy from here: the stuff was a sledgehammer. But I'd probably not smoke in here again despite the amazing mural and candle-light.
Badfrog

Post by Badfrog »

Nice review Kathar :D You are not the first to report uneasy feelings when visiting The Noon. I believe on my visit coming up I shall pass on this shop and instead take my business to Mellow Yellow.