Strain Hunters (formerly 420, Dutch Flowers)

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate 420 Coffeeshop (formerly Dutch Flowers)

I like 420 Coffeeshop (formerly Dutch Flowers)
76%
I don't like 420 Coffeeshop (formerly Dutch Flowers)
24%

Total votes: 66

gettingrimey

Re: Dutch Flowers

Post by gettingrimey »

Stopped in there Friday afternoon while my wife was having a massage at Profiles on the Spuistrat. Got a g of the Chocolope 12e/g, which was one of the stand out smokes of the trip, smelled excellent, looked excellent and for a mini spliff fucked me good and proper. came back about two hours later and asked for a mild sativa smoke to enjoy with the wife and got a g of Hawaiian girl 10e/g , which again was top rate. In all the excitement I spilt a whole bottle of coke on the table, but the very nice staff came over and sorted it out straight away. The ganja still comes in the paper bags which is a nice touch and the view from the table at the front is great. In my 8 trips to the dam this was the first one here and I have to say as an overall coffeeshop experience on a sunny Friday it was one of the best I have had in the dam.

I be chillin on the beach in the South of Venice
Or merking the President live on Channel 7
BigDanHaze

Post by BigDanHaze »

Was here Feb, 2012.
Small shop with 5 tables and some old movie theatre seats. Has a great view of the canal. this would be a great shop to sit in while it's raining or cold and just people watch. Friendly budtender.

Vanilla Queen: ok Indica. light smell and taste of skunk. 7/10

Nice shop will be back.
TwoCanucks

Post by TwoCanucks »

play the Indiana Jones pinball machine!
Amsterdam dreaming.............
Kermit

Post by Kermit »

Vanilla queen from here, still a nice cs hidden from the hustle and bustle, weed is a good amnesia but not bad.
LionofJudah

Post by LionofJudah »

Unimpressive weed and hostile workers... no wonder it's not more well known

I guess they behave properly if you're dutch; hasn't been my experience though
Nimrod

Post by Nimrod »

LionofJudah wrote:Unimpressive weed and hostile workers... no wonder it's not more well known

I guess they behave properly if you're dutch; hasn't been my experience though
Still hostile? They were quite rude to me for no reason, back in 2000. With so many other friendly, quality shops around, who needs 'em. Will never return.
TwoCanucks

Post by TwoCanucks »

I seem to remember having an excellent experience here in 2009, budtender knew we were tourists and went above the call to make sure we were happy and comfy.

Weird that some get a complete opposite experience.
Amsterdam dreaming.............
notsofasteddie

Post by notsofasteddie »

TwoCanucks wrote:I seem to remember having an excellent experience here in 2009, budtender knew we were tourists and went above the call to make sure we were happy and comfy.

I was there in May and October of 2011. Both times the experience was positive as the budtenders were friendly and helpful. I'm planning on another visit in October and I'll be surprised if the third time isn't a charm.
Kermit

Post by Kermit »

no wonder it's not more well known
I disagree, why is it not well known? Everyone knows a dutch flowers baggie :wink: :lol:
spidergawd

Post by spidergawd »

I used to really like this place with the baggies, tea and snack selection, and nice atmosphere. I think it's been let go over the last 10 years or so, it needs a freshen up, not to change it but a coat of paint and clean up the woodwork kind of thing and they no longer have their tea and coffee selection in the glass jars on the wonky shelves the last 2 times I was in. Cant complain about the staff though, always very pleasant. Still (just) in my fave list. :D
What a long strange trip it is.
cocobrova

Post by cocobrova »

I think they've stopped using those wax bags. On my last trip 4 weeks ago they were using the standard weed bags that you get in all the other shops.
spliffy360

Post by spliffy360 »

happened to stumble past dutche flowers on friday night 01/03/13. i take it they dont open in the evening as it was closed, went here in 2000 in may and was lovely place. i was lost at the time so seeing a friendly site put me back on path lol
notsofasteddie

Post by notsofasteddie »

notsofasteddie wrote:
TwoCanucks wrote:I seem to remember having an excellent experience here in 2009, budtender knew we were tourists and went above the call to make sure we were happy and comfy.

I was there in May and October of 2011. Both times the experience was positive as the budtenders were friendly and helpful. I'm planning on another visit in October and I'll be surprised if the third time isn't a charm.
Well, I did make it back to Dutch Flowers in October of 2012 and the third time was a charm. The lady bud tender was friendly, made me a nice cappuccino, sold me a gram of very decent Amnesia at 10 euro, and let me take a picture of the menu. Another nice visit so I'm planning a fourth for August 2013.
Lemming
Site Admin

Post by Lemming »

Michael Veling of 420 Café tells me he's bought Dutch Flowers.
notsofasteddie

Post by notsofasteddie »

Lemming wrote:Michael Veling of 420 Café tells me he's bought Dutch Flowers.
Moving Time??

I don't remember Dutch Flowers being on any of the "Scheduled" lists - no schools, etc.!

It's bringing Blueberry closer to home (where I stay); bringing "space cookies" closer to home too (one of wife's favorites)!

Interesting times in Amsterdam! Are we talking consolidation or just movement?

Thanks Lemming 8)