Strain Hunters (formerly 420, Dutch Flowers)

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate 420 Coffeeshop (formerly Dutch Flowers)

I like 420 Coffeeshop (formerly Dutch Flowers)
76%
I don't like 420 Coffeeshop (formerly Dutch Flowers)
24%

Total votes: 66

Valo

Strain Hunters (formerly 420, Dutch Flowers)

Post by Valo »

ACD page: 420 Coffeeshop (formerly Dutch Flowers)

Ok I have never had the pleasure(?) of the company in this shop so I cannot comment myself - but I never seem to get bored of reading reviews on this place.

Tempted to see what the place is like first hand on my next trip.

~ Is that a grinder in your pocket? ~
Stargirl

Post by Stargirl »

It's a great place, all you have to do is not act like an ignorant w *&nker! The paintings there have to be seen and if you buy the "purple" you'll giggle for hours!!!
T MON€Y

Post by T MON€Y »

I read some crazy comments about this place on the main site!

I've never sat in here, but I did get some Shiva in that greaseproof envelope that they give you instead of a baggie, and it wasn't a good smoke at all, so I just wouldn't bother goin back. Not with De Tweede Kamer around the corner anyway.
NIZZLE

Post by NIZZLE »

I have read so many reviews on this shop all slatting the attitude of the guys who work there... as Stargirl says dont act like a wanker and you wont get treated like one. Be respectful to the dealer he is there to provide you with the herb not drinks so just speak to him about the buds etc and the bar staff about everything else. I got 3g's of snowwhite just for some phillies it was amazing, trichromes spraying everwhere when i cracked the one bud (i got to choose) open. not the best place to hang out unless you can get the window seat then i could sit there all day watching the people go by. I like this shop and make a visit every time im in the DAM.
gonna heat me some Ti
ollsta1

Post by ollsta1 »

THE DEALER IS AN IGNORANT NOB TOLD ME AN PALS TO GET OUT CUZ I ASKED TO SEE THE BUDS WOT A JOKER!
Boner

Post by Boner »

I must admit I've always avoided this place as I tend to open my mouth if someone's being rude but I braved them over xmas and had no problems whatsoever, the Super Shiva from there was excellent.
Being pedantic and knobbish since 1972
el_illumbrato

Post by el_illumbrato »

is the rude "crack head" guy still working there? star girl says dont act ignorant and its ok, but maybe he was just ok with her, since shes a pretty girl with all her pretty friends? and the other guy who said hes ok, maybe the crackhead was alone at the time and the guy who says hes ok might be 6foot 6 or something!lol

just wondering if its safe to go there since i have no intentions of getting arrested for getting into a fight with any locals
Angelo

Post by Angelo »

I used to just pop in to Dutch Flowers and buy their top hash. It wasn't so great - I was buying it because the place was close to Tweede Kamer, it was Dutch hash and I was only in Amsterdam for the afternoon so didn't have time to shop around much. That was more like in 2002. Don't know what's on their menu now. I've been in about two or three times a year since then after picking up some hash or marijuana across the alley at Tweede Kamer. I like the view there at Dutch Flowers. After reading about the angry guy so much I am always kind of wary in there wondering if the guy giving me my coffee is the same guy and if he's going to throw it at me or start shouting and threatening to kick my ass if I ask for an extra packet of sugar. Nothing ever happened. I just got my coffee each time, sat down, smoked my smoke, read the newspaper, looked out the window and eventually wandered out the door to some other place. I've never had a problem with the wild man.
1person

Post by 1person »

Well I for one dont think you should get yelled or threatened even if you do act ignorant. I mean so what if I ask the wrong employee of the coffeeshop for a drink, that is no reason to fly off the handle. Someone shouldnt have to walk on tip toes around someone when they are spending their money in there. There are plenty of high quality coffeshops in A'dam that dont require you to say 'please' in order to for you to purchase their goods.
Tall Guy

Post by Tall Guy »

1person wrote:Well I for one dont think you should get yelled or threatened even if you do act ignorant. I mean so what if I ask the wrong employee of the coffeeshop for a drink, that is no reason to fly off the handle. Someone shouldnt have to walk on tip toes around someone when they are spending their money in there. There are plenty of high quality coffeshops in A'dam that dont require you to say 'please' in order to for you to purchase their goods.
Agree 100%, worst atmosphere in Dam....that view from outside takes some beating on a nice summer day though (after stocking up at the Tweede Kamer).

Kenny dope Smoker

Post by Kenny dope Smoker »

We stooped in at Dutch flowers after trying the Tweede Kammer but it was too busy and small so Dutch flowers is very near it and went here instead.

My mate bought some Royal Nepal and said it was one of the strongest he'd had anywhere, nice black hash, I got a pre-rolled joint which was also pretty strong, very trippy and visual, a nice smoke, until the guy went mad at some other people for playing 3 games of cards and not one!

The place is O.K, but the guy is a bit of a dick head and I'll be surprised if he never gets a good crack for his attitude.

Kenny
for god sakes steer clear of the bulldog & Smokey!
axeman9

Post by axeman9 »

Yes its true. the guy was a complete dickhead. I was there in Sept and so was he.

Axeman9 8)
Flash Gordon approaching........
cheese

Post by cheese »

was there last in may 2006. sat down after grabbing a nice joint and hash and a pint. started to smoke when a local came up to me and started to chit chat away. offered him my joint and after smoking the whole thing with him, he began to open up a bit. this ended up being a regular at the place, and he hooked me up with some great hash and some good times.

i guess this sorta makes my opinion bias, because i had such wonderful time in the shop, but still i cant complain. the weed i got was average but the hash was bomb! and the fact that i could get a beer there was nice as well... sorta small shop with not to many seets, but very friendly atmosphere when i was in there last.

i wouldnt recomend going with a large group thats for sure
browneye2674

dutch flowers

Post by browneye2674 »

:D

i popped into this delightful shop in late october, a very nice cosy shop, some of the best weit i smoked when i was down there [ the shiva]

all in all i cannot relate to the bad reviews as my experience was very positive.

my first stop in feb 2007 when i return. :D
Hitonda_Obong

dutch flowers virgin

Post by Hitonda_Obong »

Ok, this last trip to AMS I got up the courage to go into Dutch Flowers, being apprehensive about all the unpleasant reports. But, wait its not quite 11 am yet so the door is locked. Inside I see a tall bald guy who looks at me and - SMILES and raises his hand to signal "five minutes".

I go around the corner and slip into 2e Kamer - an hour goes by and I forget about Dutch Flowers. Oh well, next time in AMS I will try to make it into DF.