Strain Hunters (formerly 420, Dutch Flowers)

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate 420 Coffeeshop (formerly Dutch Flowers)

I like 420 Coffeeshop (formerly Dutch Flowers)
76%
I don't like 420 Coffeeshop (formerly Dutch Flowers)
24%

Total votes: 66

Balou

Post by Balou »

Stopped in DF when the rain started coming down last week. Had a Looza and J while looking at all the activity on the Singel.

Are you stoned? Like a gravel road bitch, like a gravel road!
Eva

Post by Eva »

I went there once. Bought the Diesel.

Unfortunately, it was pure crap. So I haven't been back. Should I?
Binman

Post by Binman »

Do they still use the waxed paper bags?
Panog

Post by Panog »

They still used it in August.
jettabear

Dutch Flowers

Post by jettabear »

My first coffeeshop in Amsterdam was the Dutch Flowers, awesome shop! Bought some Blue Cheese, knocked my socks off!! Sat by the window rolled a spliff and watched the world go by for a couple hours. Will be back for sure.
Kingdoc

Post by Kingdoc »

Yea its a great spot that,Go there about 5-6pm! its bikes galore.
Cal X

Post by Cal X »

I had read some bad reports about some of the staff at Dutch Flowers. I found the Bud Tender to be rather friendly, and the Silver Pearl that I bought was quite good.
westerkerk

Post by westerkerk »

I'm starting to think that 'the guy' may not be there anymore. No mentions of him in reviews since 2008 anywhere.

Must admit I've been going in here on and off since 2005. Never bought from there because Tweede Kamer was always just a stones throw. Difference is, I could always get a seat in Dutch Flowers whereas I've only ever gotten a seat once in Tweede Kamer.

Never encountered 'the guy' but always had indifferent sevice, neither great not bad. Just normal. Maybe this is because I didnt buy weed.

That being said, I remember buying a pre-rolled haze joint from here once. Was pretty shite but I had a plane to catch so just wanted the one.

Might go back. Might not.
Müller

Post by Müller »

Liked it very much on my last two trips. The tender behaved a bit strange the first time, but not bad at all. Liked the weed (NYCD, Silver Pearl), very nice neighbourhood athmosphere in the late evening. Definetly will return.
Yes, their waxpaper bags are nice.
cocobrova

Post by cocobrova »

I was in here 2 weeks ago and encountered a female budtender. Service in here was OK, but decided not to stay. Picked up 2g of Jamaican weed which imo was just as good as the high grade I bought from Anyday and would recommend it to anyone.
candy

Re: Dutch Flowers

Post by candy »

Great shop
smoked a joint with a coffee were very stoned.
worth a visit
Doobietronic

Post by Doobietronic »

Popped in for a quick fix Mon 13th never been in before. Guy at the bar recommended "vanilla queen" was only €10 and knocked our socks off real nice surprise. Unfortunately was only able to stay for a quick cheeky,would have quite happily stayed in here for a few more. The small wax type baggies were a nice change as well.
When the music's over... Turn out the Lights...
Cerebral

Post by Cerebral »

Been here a few times, nice canal view, quiet when i've been in an afternoon but the last time was in an evening, they had an Ajax game on the big screen and it was packed, mostly locals cheering on their team, cool atmosphere.
Mr Oranje

Post by Mr Oranje »

Dutch Flowers

When you enter the shop one of the first things you notice is that the shelves at the bar are all hung slightly askew. This is done intentionally and gives the place a quirky character. There was also some quality rhyme and blues being played when we first entered the shop but this was turned off when a high profile football game came on and they showed this on their large projector which made for a this shop being a great place to watch the match.

The service from the bar was good with the man promptly showing us their menu and pointing out the different weeds, hashes and joints that they offered. The value for drugs seemed to be on par with the average. We decided on Silver Pearl which cost us 7.50 Euro for a gram.

One of the major highlights of this shop was the view. You actually have 180 degree view of the street and the canal as well. This along with the comfortable atmosphere made it a place I would return to with the only real downfall being that they didn’t offer any food at all.

For all of the rating we gve this shop go here.

Rated in Summer 2011.

Mr Oranje :twisted:
http://www.CoffeeshopsRated.com - We have rated over 50 Coffeeshops now!!
Mr Oranje

Post by Mr Oranje »

They also have a facebook group if you are interested.

Dutch Flowers Facebook
http://www.CoffeeshopsRated.com - We have rated over 50 Coffeeshops now!!