Strain Hunters (formerly 420, Dutch Flowers)

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate 420 Coffeeshop (formerly Dutch Flowers)

I like 420 Coffeeshop (formerly Dutch Flowers)
76%
I don't like 420 Coffeeshop (formerly Dutch Flowers)
24%

Total votes: 66

Lemon Haze

Re: Dutch Flowers

Post by Lemon Haze »

Tried the OG Kush, top of the new menu at 14 or 15 per gram I think. Decent Kush smoke, nothing super impressive, but bad either. Maybe just not worth the price, but worth a try for those that like OG.

"Drugs induce paranoia and psychosis in people who have never taken any." Terence McKenna
tdw121270

Post by tdw121270 »

Marok21 wrote:I had their Cup entry the Nevilles Haze (14€/g)... nice looking buds. But the weed they sold 2 me were 2 different batches... 2 buds looked really nice... pretty hard buds sticky but dry, too... and the smell was also strong :mrgreen:
One other bud was completly different... it had nearly the same smell but not nearly as strong... the buds wasn´t hard like the other two... more a lightweight...
Rolled the first Joint of the not so good looking bud and was not really impressed... not really tasty or strong... the second joint of one of the other buds was completly different... same taste but 10 times stronger :shock: :mrgreen: Also the effects were great... I was thinking like damn what happend to that weed :shock:

Overall a very nice smoke enjoyed it a lot... except for the different batch in my purchased weed :?

Was also my fist time in that shop since it´s owned by 420 Cafe. The place was packed but I got the last free seat :lol: very friendly dealer... showed me the Nevilles as his advice for a strong Sativa. Liked the atmosphere here... I think I will come back on my next visit :wink:
I had the Nevilles Haze from here and took it back to smoke up at my tent at Camping Zeeburg, as I'm an occasional smoker, then in my late 30's and my tolerance was 0%. I'm so glad I did, because it firmly put me on my ass. Very Strong, maybe too strong for a first smoke, but I did enjoy it after I got over the initial what the fuck moment. Think I'll be going for the orange bud, if I can find it anywhere for a first off smoke, when I'm in the dam over the summer. Then work my way up over the two weeks I'm there.
Next trip 1st August 2015. 2 weeks camping/putting my feet up.
Lamont

Post by Lamont »

Kind of interesting to read about the changes at this place. I've never bothered to hit Dutch Flowers in all of my previous visits, mainly because of the reports of hostility from the budtenders that I've read about in this thread.

the original DeKuil/420 is one of my fave shops so I'll definitely give their new home a try when I'm next in town....
Marduk

Post by Marduk »

tdw121270 wrote: Think I'll be going for the orange bud, if I can find it anywhere for a first off smoke, when I'm in the dam over the summer. Then work my way up over the two weeks I'm there.
The Orange Bud I had ~2years ago (Kadinsky) blew my mind and left me staring into the universe speechlessly for 2 hours. Well, finally I realized it wasn't a weird star cluster nebula but just some cheesy, left over christmas lightning at Club Media... :D

Still one of my favourite smokes. Never underestimate those old-school strains. Just sayin.
Bliss Receptor

Post by Bliss Receptor »

420 Haze was nice but not amazing, Blueberry was also nice, but again nothing to really shout about. Got the window seat both times I went which is always a bonus.
'Everything I've seen needs rearranging' - Arthur Lee, 1967
swizzy

Post by swizzy »

Ahhh flowers

So i was in search of my favorite strain New york diesel :mrgreen: as for the last 4 years i wasnt able to find any as gd as what i have been use too.

Pengdalinho pointed me in the direction of flowers. and since then this is always my first port of call.

the english guy who i can't believe i forgot his name is so cool and keeps me talking with him for hours about good ol u.k.

even the lady budtender is cool always patient with me :lol:
trips to Amsterdam 19
petrone

420 coffeeshop

Post by petrone »

Visited last week. It should be no big deal to visit a coffeeshop but for me it was a big step because of unpleasantness in the past with the previous occupants. The difference is night and day. The male and female couple on duty were exceptionally friendly to all. I was surprised that the shop closed so early but heh! Unfortunately the décor outside and inside is very understated witout the Flowers panache and in daytime a good look from the outside is required to make sure it is a coffeeshop at all.
ShakeTheBud

Post by ShakeTheBud »

swizzy wrote:Ahhh flowers

So i was in search of my favorite strain New york diesel :mrgreen: as for the last 4 years i wasnt able to find any as gd as what i have been use too.

Pengdalinho pointed me in the direction of flowers. and since then this is always my first port of call.

the english guy who i can't believe i forgot his name is so cool and keeps me talking with him for hours about good ol u.k.

even the lady budtender is cool always patient with me :lol:
Im kinda advertising for zandvoort today :mrgreen: go try the ny diesel in la paz, its such a good thing to buy!
Nathc84

Re: 420 Coffeeshop (formerly Dutch Flowers)

Post by Nathc84 »

The nyd is the best nyd you will taste in dam I will be getting some on every visit 8)
FlyByNite

Post by FlyByNite »

New menu for Dutch Flowers dated October 10, 2018. Thanks Faynita.

http://www.coffeeshopmenus.org/Dutch%20 ... owers.html

Enjoy
FlyByNite
Sanchez_

Post by Sanchez_ »

Was passing here and thought I'd take a look at a strain consistent in their centre shop...NY Diesel.

Oh man!... acceptable looking buds with a whiff of....fucking grass!? :thumbdown: shocking, you should have seen my face. I walked out of here disgusted!
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

I read on the IG acc from Tweede Kamer that the second 420 Cafe Coffeeshop (formerly Dutch Flowers) will close... and open again as "Strainhunters Coffeeshop". So it seems that it belongs to the Greenhouse chain now...

Hopefully they got their own menu with their "own" strains but I don´t think so... we will see...
HitTheNorth

Post by HitTheNorth »

Marok21 wrote: Wed 9th Sep 2020 03:46 pm I read on the IG acc from Tweede Kamer that the second 420 Cafe Coffeeshop (formerly Dutch Flowers) will close... and open again as "Strainhunters Coffeeshop". So it seems that it belongs to the Greenhouse chain now...

Hopefully they got their own menu with their "own" strains but I don´t think so... we will see...
Yeah was just reading about this recently but only found out the location today. We shall see indeed. Gonna end up a long thread title with all these name changes 😄
Tokeing tom

Post by Tokeing tom »

I wonder how much he paid for it?
RoMoney

Post by RoMoney »

Marok21 wrote: Wed 9th Sep 2020 03:46 pm I read on the IG acc from Tweede Kamer that the second 420 Cafe Coffeeshop (formerly Dutch Flowers) will close... and open again as "Strainhunters Coffeeshop". So it seems that it belongs to the Greenhouse chain now...

Interesting, theres a Strainhunters club in Barcelona already.
Bring back Imelda Marcos!