Strain Hunters (formerly 420, Dutch Flowers)

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate 420 Coffeeshop (formerly Dutch Flowers)

I like 420 Coffeeshop (formerly Dutch Flowers)
76%
I don't like 420 Coffeeshop (formerly Dutch Flowers)
24%

Total votes: 66

elasticband

Re: Dutch Flowers

Post by elasticband »

Lemming wrote:Michael Veling of 420 Café tells me he's bought Dutch Flowers.
probably due to the 250m rule next year which will close 420

They must find it difficult, those who have taken authority as truth, rather than truth as authority
od1nobody

Post by od1nobody »

Any idea when this is happening?
~:Nonsense is better than no sense at all:~
od1nobody

Post by od1nobody »

Looks like that they've got identical menu with 420 now, so it's already happened.
~:Nonsense is better than no sense at all:~
elasticband

Post by elasticband »

MasterTommy wrote:You are correct.

Change happened a while ago but we needed some time to make the switch.

Current opening hours are 12:00-20:00 every day, probably to be expanded as of coming January 1, we'll have to see if it is worth it.

You will only see staff from the 420 in Dutch Flowers from now on, although the name Dutch Flowers will probably cease to exist in the near future and replaced by our known name.

On a side note, as you all know the 420 is focused on locals and tourists alike, providing a sweet spot for everyone. The Dutch Flowers however, was full of locals, and by that i mean the kind of local you don't want sitting next to you, doing stuff you don't want happening next to you. You can not deny people access to your premises but you can 'encourage' them to not visit. Because of that, and because it is a very small space compared to the 420, we currently do have a 'don't only smoke bud you've bought somewhere else'-rule in effect. By that, it's currently customary to purchase something from the menu, and feel free to smoke whatever you want besides something from our grass supply.

I'll update some info in the 420 topic as well in regard to the current events around coffeeshop laws. :)

thanks for the updated and taking the time to visit the forums :)
They must find it difficult, those who have taken authority as truth, rather than truth as authority
Mack 10

Post by Mack 10 »

welcome Tommy, by "locals doing things we don't want" are you referring to dealing class A? as I've never really had any probs with the locals.(as long as its not football :@))
BigEars

Post by BigEars »

I haven't been in Dutch Flowers for a few years now. Could be a decent little place to chill if it's ran correctly. I look forward to see what you do with the place. Good luck.
HisDudeness

Post by HisDudeness »

Good hash from here - got some Nepal and Maroc Red and both seem just perfect! Same menu as de Kuil (420 cafe).
Mind If I Do a J?
mikelondon

Post by mikelondon »

Found this place whilst looking for another...You know how it goes!

English budtender, very polite/professional. The decor is clean and there is free wi-fi. Took a window seat and purchased some of the caramello. I noticed the post above mine mentions the hash being very nice and this hash was no exception.

The place filled up pretty quick, so i would say go earlier. Great people watching from the window seats whilst participating in your favorite hobby!

One last thing mentioning is the music. The Clash, Joni Mitchell...Was a real pleasure for this old fart (Is 40 odd old these days?) to relax without a bass-line in sound. Add to that 2 Euro coffee (Delivered to your table) and you're sorted!
Insert something profound here...Errr, life's like my dealer. Never know what you're gonna get!
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

I had their Cup entry the Nevilles Haze (14€/g)... nice looking buds. But the weed they sold 2 me were 2 different batches... 2 buds looked really nice... pretty hard buds sticky but dry, too... and the smell was also strong :mrgreen:
One other bud was completly different... it had nearly the same smell but not nearly as strong... the buds wasn´t hard like the other two... more a lightweight...
Rolled the first Joint of the not so good looking bud and was not really impressed... not really tasty or strong... the second joint of one of the other buds was completly different... same taste but 10 times stronger :shock: :mrgreen: Also the effects were great... I was thinking like damn what happend to that weed :shock:

Overall a very nice smoke enjoyed it a lot... except for the different batch in my purchased weed :?

Was also my fist time in that shop since it´s owned by 420 Cafe. The place was packed but I got the last free seat :lol: very friendly dealer... showed me the Nevilles as his advice for a strong Sativa. Liked the atmosphere here... I think I will come back on my next visit :wink:
treetop

Post by treetop »

Just happened to be passing and we popped in to sample the CC entry. The 420 haze. Like a nice amnesia. Not bad but not a stand out among the other CC entries.
Every, single seat was taken. Shame cos it looked to be a great vibe in there. Really bright and light shop. Friendly service from the lady from 420 café. Glad they can live on in what I'd say it a much nicer location.
How much did you produce?
Lemon Haze

Post by Lemon Haze »

Good to hear about this place. Always loved 420's cakes and their Blueberry is usually consistent as well. Glad those will continue over here when 420 has to close.
"Drugs induce paranoia and psychosis in people who have never taken any." Terence McKenna
tot ziens

Post by tot ziens »

I will offer $1000 American for the canopy over the door of Dutch Flowers when the change happens.
Mack 10

Post by Mack 10 »

^^like that Dutch flowers sign aye?
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

treetop wrote:Just happened to be passing and we popped in to sample the CC entry. The 420 haze.
Marok21 wrote:I had their Cup entry the Nevilles Haze (14€/g)
ah sorry the Nevilles Haze was the entry of 420 Cafe... not Dutch Flowers... my fault :lol:
treetop

Post by treetop »

Marok21 wrote:
treetop wrote:Just happened to be passing and we popped in to sample the CC entry. The 420 haze.
Marok21 wrote:I had their Cup entry the Nevilles Haze (14€/g)
ah sorry the Nevilles Haze was the entry of 420 Cafe... not Dutch Flowers... my fault :lol:
They had both available at Dutch Flowers but the Amnesia smelled better and looked better so we just went for that. Anyone try the Nevilles? It has been good from 420 in the past.
How much did you produce?