Basjoe

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate Basjoes ?

I like Basjoes
88%
I don't like Basjoes
12%

Total votes: 267

treetop

Re: Basjoe

Post by treetop »

they have efficiently converted a lot of new floor space in there. It is bigger than is was. Been in much, much worse joints. It is still a nice spot and it still has outdoor seating. Their offerings looked pretty clean if a little expensive. If unfavourable comparisons were not made this place wouldn't rank so bad.
It is a nice corner of town in which to enjoy a joint. If the situation was right I'd find myself here again.

How much did you produce?
la2019

Post by la2019 »

I have to say, this was the biggest disappointment of my latest trip a couple weeks ago. For me, the coffeeshop decor/ambiance/vibe is as essential as great gear--even more so, actually, because I usually have enough from the other shops I've visited. So on first blush, the new Basjoe seemed to fit the bill. Cool looking (to me), in a great area, and close to home. I'll put up with a lot for those qualities, and I'll pay a premium if needed.
But this place just isn't worth it. They could have the best gear in town and I'd still pass it by. Their approach of squeezing every cent out of every customer is shameful. And the rude manner in which they enforce their rules is disgusting. We walked in and saw that we'd have to buy 2 grams at minimum. Fine. I've said in the past, I'd be over the moon if there was a place I could walk into in my home town and be forced to buy two grams of weed. But then, no smoking your own, even after having bought. OK, well, fine again, although honestly, really? What a pointless drag. But after all that, when we went to have a seat at the bar, the person working there points at us a barks "You have to order drinks if you want to sit there!" We were in the process of sitting down, taking off our coats. All of those things together are just too much. I only wish I had been in the old Basjoe more than once. But maybe this way I have nothing to miss! In any case, I'm done with this place and all places like it. There are just too many fantastic shops that I could spend my time in instead!
RHYSO

Post by RHYSO »

They had the best hash I smoked all week. Great place! It's all about opinions.....
monster420

Post by monster420 »

:wink:
Last edited by monster420 on Tue 10th May 2016 09:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
soapy

Post by soapy »

I never thought i'd enjoy this place again after being spoilt rotten by James and Leo for years with their great Weeds ,hash's,Terminator
and of course caca milis......BUT......it turned out to be a great place for weed,comfort,music and service last november when 6 of us found it very hard to
find a seat anywhere due to the "false alarm cannabis cup" that had the city packed as usual....

I know its never going to have even 1% of what made up the original Basjoe's winning formula but if you enter not expecting james to be there and enter
with an open mind you may find yourself enjoying the place (in my opinion :wink: )....

Looking forward to trying it out again this November :mrgreen:
To be old and wise,You must first have to be Young and Stupid....
swizzy

Post by swizzy »

this place is fucking dead.

been about 5 times since James left.

i tell you something James would have kittens if he saw what the hell the new owners have turned Basjoe into.

R.I.P original Basjoe
trips to Amsterdam 19
matty223

Post by matty223 »

James still lives in the Netherlands, from what i understand, i bet he has been by more then once
swizzy

Post by swizzy »

matty223 wrote:James still lives in the Netherlands, from what i understand, i bet he has been by more then once
yep u are right indeed, ive shared a joint with him in there shortly after he sold it.
trips to Amsterdam 19
dconstrukt

Post by dconstrukt »

i don't know WTF the appeal here is anymore.

that shop is in the boonies.

nothing is nearby.

the place is usually DEAD.

might as well smoke at home.

since james left, it's gotten shittier.

I like shops with life. with a vibe. with people.

this has none.
monster420

Post by monster420 »

:thumbdown:
Last edited by monster420 on Tue 10th May 2016 08:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
matty223

Post by matty223 »

they own another shop in town,, can you guess which one???\
swizzy

Post by swizzy »

matty223 wrote:they own another shop in town,, can you guess which one???\

oh god no way have they got another CS

they cant run a race talk about a CS

which other shop do they own
trips to Amsterdam 19
matty223

Post by matty223 »

Goa,, from what i have been told
swizzy

Post by swizzy »

now that one shop which i have no interest in wat so ever.

looks to glammed up for the likes of me, im more of a utopia/ home grown fantasy kinda guy.

what you see is what you get
trips to Amsterdam 19
la2019

Post by la2019 »

I actually like the occasional glammed up shop, but unfortunately Goa suffers from the same douchebaggery as Basjoe....2 gram minimum, no smoking yer own, etc etc etc.