Basjoe

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate Basjoes ?

I like Basjoes
88%
I don't like Basjoes
12%

Total votes: 267

gromit

Re: Basjoe

Post by gromit »

i would like to switch my pick from liked Basjoes to i no longer like Basjoes,....was the best place to chill after a long day of walking ,..just the right light ,just the right comfort,just the right quality & prices and james ,...now its a night club and its a walk past for me,.... :(

Epsilon

Post by Epsilon »

Anyone have a picture of what it looks like these days ?
Any James sightings ?
orle

Post by orle »

Huh? Weird, coffeeshop 't Gierennest (amstelveenseweg 61) has been renovated and is now called coffeeshop Basjoes. That's in Oud-Zuid, near the south-exit of the vondelpark. I went in there last week but I could barely hear the bartender over his loud 90's eurodance music. Took a look at the menu, looked OK with stuff like Casey Jones, NYC Diesel, Super Silver Haze, all at 12,50 per gram. Some indica's too (Bubblegum for 10, White Widow for 9). Asked to see the SSH but it looked "just OK" and was a bit damp. Didn't buy anything.
matty223

Post by matty223 »

gromit wrote:i would like to switch my pick from liked Basjoes to i no longer like Basjoes,....was the best place to chill after a long day of walking ,..just the right light ,just the right comfort,just the right quality & prices and james ,...now its a night club and its a walk past for me,.... :(

+!, most of us know it hasnt been the same , since the new owners (goa)
Alamo

Post by Alamo »

tried out their edibles, weird reaction
their 8(?) euro ones, muffins were nice, got you very high so i went back there the next day and went to buy their 10(?) euro ones which was a big slice of cake. when buying it the budtender told us about it, how he gave it to a friend of his who has a high tolerance and after eating the cake he couldnt speak for 3 hours etc.etc.

well, fast forward to 1 hour before my flight departs, i eat the entire cake in about 15 seconds and it just fails to kick in whatsoever, whole flight journey home it didnt, nothing at all. Then there is my mate who bought the 8 euro muffin who ate it before the flight and he was pretty much KO'd for the entire flight. So my advice: save your money and buy the muffin.
Flaherty

Post by Flaherty »

Was my favourite coffee shop when I came 2 years ago. Have read through some comments and found out the past owner has passed. He really did make this place and sounds like it has gone to shit :\ where is the next best place for Basjoe lovers?
LionofJudah

Post by LionofJudah »

Flaherty wrote:Was my favourite coffee shop when I came 2 years ago. Have read through some comments and found out the past owner has passed. He really did make this place and sounds like it has gone to shit :\ where is the next best place for Basjoe lovers?
I don't think he passed, I believe he sold the place for personal/family reasons.
USbongLord

Post by USbongLord »

2 brothers,Leo and James,..Leo had a form of bone cancer and passed a few years ago,James held on as long as he wanted to and retired and sold,to become a musician and travel,I'm still friends with Leo's daughter and all is well... :mrgreen:
rockin into the night
Willjay

Post by Willjay »

The only time I was in Basjoe was April 2011, James was the most gracious host, to our large grope of Woodstock era hippies.
I was sad, because I would not get to experience that hospitality again, when I heard he sold, I am glad to hear " and all is well..."
www.stopthedrugwar.org
www.mpp.org
www.drugpolicy.org
worldcitizen1723

Post by worldcitizen1723 »

Willjay wrote:The only time I was in Basjoe was April 2011, James was the most gracious host, to our large grope of Woodstock era hippies.
I was sad, because I would not get to experience that hospitality again, when I heard he sold, I am glad to hear " and all is well..."
+1

ahh, another woodstock era hippie! Hi!!

back on track -- it was really a sad day for all of us when they had to sell and move on with that ever rolling lifeline..
too bad the new guys ruined the vibe.
winnie

Post by winnie »

Flaherty wrote: where is the next best place for Basjoe lovers?

It left a gap that has never been filled, I think
Uncle Ron

Post by Uncle Ron »

worldcitizen1723 wrote:
Willjay wrote:The only time I was in Basjoe was April 2011, James was the most gracious host, to our large grope of Woodstock era hippies.
+1

ahh, another woodstock era hippie! Hi!!

back on track -- it was really a sad day for all of us when they had to sell and move on with that ever rolling lifeline..
too bad the new guys ruined the vibe.
+1 to the +1...
I first entered Basjoe (legally) in July 2004, found the vibe to my liking, and it became my favorite spot.
When Leo died, (obviously) the vibe changed, however it was still a chill vibe with James continuing the business.
About a year before the sale, I noticed a slight change in the vibe, maybe it was the weed influencing my perception, but I doubt it.
Honestly, I don't think the new owners ruined the vibe, they made it their own. Part of the vibe died with Leo, the other part is with James.
Long live the Original Formula...:)
Happy Basjoe...
... :mrgreen:
worldcitizen1723

Post by worldcitizen1723 »

You are right URon. The vibe was all about James and Leo not the location (though that helped) no matter who took over of course it would be different.
deplana

Post by deplana »

Hi folks,

Basjoe has now replaced the t'Gierenest on Amstelveenseweg 61. New shop layout but same t'Gierenest people working here. The menu is pretty extensive in both weed and hash selection (about 10 types each). I picked up three different type of hash few days ago. The most expensive moroccan hash (12.5EURxg) is veryvery nice, the Caramello (9EURxg) is hard as good Caramello should be but maybe lacks a bit in taste, the Charas (12EURxg) is ok but not outstanding.

Give it a try 8)
billyriz

Post by billyriz »

deplana wrote:Hi folks,

Basjoe has now replaced the t'Gierenest on Amstelveenseweg 61. New shop layout but same t'Gierenest people working here. The menu is pretty extensive in both weed and hash selection (about 10 types each). I picked up three different type of hash few days ago. The most expensive moroccan hash (12.5EURxg) is veryvery nice, the Caramello (9EURxg) is hard as good Caramello should be but maybe lacks a bit in taste, the Charas (12EURxg) is ok but not outstanding.

Give it a try 8)
Can you grab a menu photo please :D