1e Hulp

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate 1e Hulp

I like 1e Hulp
92%
I don't like 1e Hulp
8%

Total votes: 192

RHYSO

Re: 1e Hulp Coffeeshop

Post by RHYSO »

OneHighMofo wrote:
RHYSO wrote:Sweet critical and so-mango isolators both outstanding and also the ketama from here last Friday was lovely and sticky. 1e Hulpe is an excellent shop

Imo bud in the dam is not cured to my taste. I prefer a bit of sticky and a bit of freshness about it.
Damn - wish I'd tried them both now :) thanks for the heads up.

You will find well dried and (still sticky) cured buds in the centre of Amsterdam - it's just that finding the shops and strains that carry your personal preference can be a bit hit and miss sometimes I'm afraid as there's little consistency.

I had a similar experience to you back in March, but spent Sun/Mon/Tues this week finding beautifully cured and finished flowers… not everything I bought was good, but more often than not it was well up to par.
Central shops of particular note in that regard were Siberie, Utopia, New Times, Dampkring. De Graal (this time - but not last)
Best shops for us were outside the Red light and off the beaten track. The so mango was outrageous. Smell exactly like mango and a super intense stone. Forget talking for an hour at least!!!

OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

OneHighMofo wrote:Best shops for us were outside the Red light and off the beaten track.
Having frequented the same shops for going on for a decade now - I can honestly say that the consistency of nicely finished product seems to go up and down like knickers do in the RLD :D

Ultimately (in the specific case of Europe) we're dealing with an industry that has little or no regulation and where cultivation is still a crime. That has a large effect on the end product. Consistency is hard to achieve unless the growers are seasoned pros with closed loop systems that can run to six figure costs on the industrial scale you'd need to grow on to supply an average Coffeeshop with daily product. That kind of setup is out of the reach of most growers who have to contend with less than perfect and often difficult conditions.

There are so many reasons a final product can suffer, in the growing, flushing, drying, trimming, storage stages all sorts of things can go wrong that contribute to a less than perfect 'finish'. Even the experts have their problems.

It's a shame we don't have a system that supports the kind of quality that the connoisseur demands. But the truth is that most of the mass-market sales made in Amsterdam to 'pot tourists' aren't sales made to the well informed like yourself and the good people on this forum, it's a mass market product for an uneducated market that props up the mainstay of sales. The artisan quality never even see's the commercial markets - and perhaps that's the way it should stay...

I don't walk in to wetherspoons and expect to find artisan quality craft beers. And I'm not sure I want to ;)
RHYSO

Post by RHYSO »

I agree entirely. the artisan product I can access in the UK from small non commercial production is better than any of the bud I saw last week in the Dam. The hash over there is a different ball game altogether.

Sorry for hijacking 1e Hulpe thread!
RHYSO

Post by RHYSO »

I agree entirely. the artisan product I can access in the UK from small non commercial production is better than any of the bud I saw last week in the Dam. The hash over there is a different ball game altogether.

Sorry for hijacking 1e Hulpe thread!
Supervaporizerman

Post by Supervaporizerman »

Missed out on 1er Hulp last time..... too stoned to walk all that way from where I was :oops:

Back again last Friday and really it was back to it's best. I like to hang out at the front and see the people coming and going, what they buy, what they ask etc etc. In truth it was a little hot and I should have retreated to one of the air conditioned smoking rooms but I was admiring their new menu and after just one hit of the Strawberry Banana Kush in their Verdamper I wasn't retreating anywhere fast except back up my own arse :wink:

Before all that I sampled Sweet and Sour - great taste as always although a little mild this time out (6.9/10), and the Mexican Haze Hash. The latter was great to work with, like a blond pollen but hits like a hungry viper. 8/10 for sure. Strawberry Banana Kush was great, came back at that late in the evening. The BT was keen to get my view on it in the Vape, he said in a joint it was all Strawberry Banana goodness on the inhale, all sweet Kushy strength on the exhale.

Flavour seems to morph in a spliff (for me anyway) with the combustion though still often good, but translates more directly in a vape. On this one I couldn't argue with his description though - beautiful fruityness on the inhale, kush on the exhale, followed by a judicious metaphorical slap to the face and and body.....

Kush is not often my thing but this one was a 9.

New menu now posted on coffeeshopmenus.org, take a look. I'd say it's the best the 1er Hulp menu has looked for a while, well worth a shot.
Not_the_monk

Post by Not_the_monk »

Pineapple Express €12/g was another whim purchase as it really did smell pineappley, it was a nice daytime tastey hybrid smoke actually. Better looking nugs than the exodus cheese €12/g which I don't remember smoking any of but smelt ok and wasn't commented on as remarkable.

Shame the pool table has gone (though it had been broken for ages) but the downstairs now has doubled the upstairs space with its own aircon too, same style seating etc... could do with a bit more.. stuff in it, feels a bit newly decorated (which it is). Good shop.
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

Yeah it's a shame; that's a "new" batch of Exodus cheese. The shit they had like a month ago, was top notch, probably the best cheese-strain in Dam. However, last week I made the mistake of copping a 20 sack of it, without checking first!
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

New Submission:

Gardella 10 euros per gram (at 1e you can by any size bag you want, five euro and up)

Appearance: (8.3/10) Nice, lighter brown coloration, with a subtle golden tinge. Soft, somewhat fudgy/oily but not sticky by any means. Clearly not a hard press, as it comes a part quite easy. Bubbles substantially and clumps together over screen in bong bowl.

Smell: (9.8/10): this is where it really stands out, vaguely reminiscent of classic moroccan, but more so in the realm of the higher quality offerings. A pungent, sweet creamy aroma, reminiscent of honey, and melons, or perhaps cantaloupe; certainly sweeter smelling than almost any hash (except perhaps charas style, but this odor is more smooth and without the pepperiness of charas.

Taste: (9/10) while it may not quite live up to its amazing bouquet, the flavor is certainly no slouch and is more reminiscent of other Moroccans, but still following through with some of its cloyingly sweet signature taste.

Effect: (8.8/10) certainly some of the more potent Moroccan hash to be had for the price. Not as overwhelmingly powerful or stoney as the Noor 2000; or even the King Hassan from 2e Kamer; nonetheless it offers a more clear 'hybrid' buzz, still leaning slightly toward the indica side effect-wise.

Value: (8.3/10) certainly still could be priced better, but alas this is Amsterdam. In addition the unique smell profile of this hash, and the flavor that accompany make it worth a try. Certainly a special sampling. Also worth noting, although I LOVE 1e for weed and bubble hash; I don't usually like their import hashes as much. This is certainly a refreshing offering that will make CS runs to pick up weed and hash much more streamlined; hopefully this will stay in stock for the foreseeable future.

Composite Score: 9, highly recommended, a real winner Larby, keep this one in stock a.u.b.!
HamburgStoner

Post by HamburgStoner »

Someone tried the Kali Mist in their actually menu?
jc2k

Post by jc2k »

Hi All,

In the Dam next week and will be here for sure! Favourite shop without a doubt. Had the best weed I've ever smoked one time, Light of Jah...

Anyone know if they've still got Gorilla Glue on the menu?
__parky

Post by __parky »

jc2k wrote:Hi All,

In the Dam next week and will be here for sure! Favourite shop without a doubt. Had the best weed I've ever smoked one time, Light of Jah...

Yeah I saw they got a fresh batch yesterday!
jc2k

Post by jc2k »

__parky wrote:
jc2k wrote:Hi All,

Yeah I saw they got a fresh batch yesterday!
Ah disappointed, then elated in a single minute. Someone posted a menu pic dated 5th November to coffeeshopmenus and it wasn't on it...cue disappointment....come onto ACD and woo - happy again!

Cheers man
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

was there pretty early in the morning before heading to the Vondelpark. I asked the friendly dealer for a good
weed for the price... like best bang for buck :D because I was a little bit on a budget...

he showed me many strains... I remember that the Amnesia (10€/g) looked great! But I had something of Amnesia left
so I decide to try the Casey Jones (12€/g). Nice crystally buds with a good smell (Sour with something). Rolled two fatties
and went to the Vondelpark. As the Amnesia from Central taste and effect were ok but no white ash and a little bit harsh.

On the Tram/Busstation (Marnixstraat?) I met Mila from Pollinator :D she was talking to another older
pretty conservative looking lady (Mila was dressed like a hippie from the 70s). They were laughing a lot :D if I catch it
right they were making fun over the delayed bus. When Mila would have been alone on the busstation I would have say
hello to her and asked where I can find some decent ice o lator hash in a coffeeshop nowadays 8)
GoatCheese

Post by GoatCheese »

Tidghine Ketama was super nice Morrocan hash for the price, 9 euro/g. Better, imo, than Utopia's Grand Cru was late Aug. 2014, costing 12 euros/g, which to me was a bit of a letdown for being that pricey.

Tidghine Ketama was quite fresh three weeks ago. So nice and soft and full of aroma (typical minty and hashy morrocan). Potent enough also. Maybe not as potent as the Grand Cru was, but it was not too far behind, but it's quite alot cheaper than GC and really has a nice & strong aroma. Does not leave you too tired after smoking, thou it is a relaxing high. Would buy again and a again! Super nice,imo!

Tried also their Lemon Haze (11 euros/g), which was nothing special as a smoke, but the high was ok; clear and uplifting with no rush-y anxiety feel to it. No lemon in the taste/aroma, imo, and quite similar, thou a bit watered-down version, of the Mango Haze i tried in 2006 from Mellow Yellow. Little longer flush before harvesting the plant would have been nicer on the Lemon Haze they sold 3 weeks ago, but it's not Amsterdam's harshest smoke either. Wouldn't buy again.

8)
PS.
...Tidghine Ketama, try it hash lovers!
Mack 10

Post by Mack 10 »

Went yesterday. Got Glue, 15/g Mexican Haze Hash 14/g and a new one, Skunk Cream, (can't remember price, think 12e))/g)

The Glue came as 3 small tight indica nugs with a strange fruity smell. This comes through in the smoke but not really extra tasty or anything. 100% fake glue, nice enough strain but it ain't glue and 15euro is 6 to many.

The Mexican Haze Hash was great. Really sativa high.
Very nice. Super light press, buttery texture. Bubbles.
Went down a treat.

Skunk Cream was an oily dark hash. Great smell. Turns black when handled. Get some.

Service was good. Room was chill to smoke.
Big ups erste hulp.