1e Hulp

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate 1e Hulp

I like 1e Hulp
92%
I don't like 1e Hulp
8%

Total votes: 192

DjShaggy

Re: 1e Hulp

Post by DjShaggy »

macky wrote: Sun 10th Nov 2019 01:34 pm Maybe the odd piece of hash are nice :D But the weed sucks there top of menu was worst bud of my last trip ....better just to walk right past to sound garden and save your cash
Try funkey monkey, it’s been good to me recently

ignoring spellcheck since 1986
macky

Post by macky »

DjShaggy wrote: Sun 10th Nov 2019 02:06 pm
macky wrote: Sun 10th Nov 2019 01:34 pm Maybe the odd piece of hash are nice :D But the weed sucks there top of menu was worst bud of my last trip ....better just to walk right past to sound garden and save your cash
Was in there April with DB ,had train wreck not bad bud and it across from sound garden ..so win ,win :)
Ghost

Post by Ghost »

macky wrote: Sun 10th Nov 2019 02:12 pm
DjShaggy wrote: Sun 10th Nov 2019 02:06 pm
Was in there April with DB ,had train wreck not bad bud and it across from sound garden ..so win ,win :)
True the weeds not all that, but then again it is not all that any where in Amsterdam nowadays and is hit and miss from most of the shops and could be said of most coffeeshops now in the Dam and yes Funky Monkey has been good to me also on the last few trips over and I prefer going there nowadays to other shops in this area, review up shortly on Funky. But Hulp was for a meet so convenient for us at the time :)
Chase the Green to live the Dream :mrgreen: 8) :D
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

One advantage of the shop is still that it opens so early... I was looking in the morning for a nice chilled coffeeshop which sells at least some "good" quality weed to have a smoke because at this time I had only hash left and I wanted to smoke a nice sativa to start the day :lol:

Well I wasn´t really impressed by most of their weed that I tried in the past which was not much :lol: but sometimes they had some good weed for a good price on the menu and I like the vibe in there especially in the morning hours when it´s quiet.

I asked the budtender for a advice for some good strong sativa... he showed me the Casey Jones (10€/g) and the Shoreline (14€/g). After inspecting and smelling I decide to give the Shoreline a go.

Shoreline (14€/g) - Smelled pleasantly sweet skunky but reminded me also in a way of Pineapple Haze lol. Also the buds looked pretty nice and with many crystals on it. Unfortunately the weed was a bit to dry and so a bit lacking in taste for me. Well it smoked good and wasn´t bad but the smell didn´t transfer so good to the taste and for 14€ I expected a bit more.

Usually I come here only for hash but as said before I also like the vibe of the shop in the morning when it´s not so crowded. Don´t get me wrong the weed wasn´t bad but expected more for the price :wink:

By the way I heard the budtender talking with a customer about that ultra sticky and black coloured "Gorilla Glue" hash from Coffeeshop Relax that I also tried once. Just like me he was very skeptical and dissapointed by that hash... that weird smell, only very light bubbling when touched by the flame and that the color of it was black from the in- and outside. Nice to see that I am not the only one who thinks that way :lol: there are a few hashes like that around town :?
FODSmith

Post by FODSmith »

I know what you mean about sticking to the hash. But this is my usual lifesaver when I arrive at stupid o'clock, and I like a mixed bowl. Fortunately, the early shift budtender knows my tastes and usually steers me to some weed that's decent, if not to die for.
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

FODSmith wrote: Sun 15th Dec 2019 10:07 am I know what you mean about sticking to the hash. But this is my usual lifesaver when I arrive at stupid o'clock, and I like a mixed bowl. Fortunately, the early shift budtender knows my tastes and usually steers me to some weed that's decent, if not to die for.
I can understand that... while the coffeeshop is also for me a gem especially in that early hours... like you said weed is mostly not top notch but usually they have something decent on the menu :D
CopenhagenCouple

Post by CopenhagenCouple »

Marok21 wrote: Sun 15th Dec 2019 01:31 pm
FODSmith wrote: Sun 15th Dec 2019 10:07 am I know what you mean about sticking to the hash. But this is my usual lifesaver when I arrive at stupid o'clock, and I like a mixed bowl. Fortunately, the early shift budtender knows my tastes and usually steers me to some weed that's decent, if not to die for.
I can understand that... while the coffeeshop is also for me a gem especially in that early hours... like you said weed is mostly not top notch but usually they have something decent on the menu :D
Being mostly hashsmokers, at least in Ams now a days, we tend to not even look at the weed menu @ 1e. The hash is very consistent, if not as solid as it was a few years back, when they were on the top with respect to new school hashes. Nowadays, Solo and others have equal quality, but the selection at 1e is still in our opinions, among the best.

We had the miss usa and some other hash relatively recently, a while they weren't as good as e.g. the Tangie, SB or other great hashes from 1e last year (yummy!), it was still qaulity hash at an ok price. Considering that they are a little out of the center, the menu could do with a 1 - 1,5 E reduction, then it would be very competitive, but you still have to go on a bit of a hunt to find better bargains.
Always know where your towel is! :wtf: :lol:
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

CopenhagenCouple wrote: Sun 15th Dec 2019 02:27 pm Being mostly hashsmokers, at least in Ams now a days, we tend to not even look at the weed menu @ 1e. The hash is very consistent, if not as solid as it was a few years back, when they were on the top with respect to new school hashes. Nowadays, Solo and others have equal quality, but the selection at 1e is still in our opinions, among the best.

We had the miss usa and some other hash relatively recently, a while they weren't as good as e.g. the Tangie, SB or other great hashes from 1e last year (yummy!), it was still qaulity hash at an ok price. Considering that they are a little out of the center, the menu could do with a 1 - 1,5 E reduction, then it would be very competitive, but you still have to go on a bit of a hunt to find better bargains.
Unfortunately I didn´t tried their Tangie hash from the last year :? but yeah their SB was very nice :mrgreen: once I wanted to try it again but I got a bit different batch which was a bit weaker in my opinion and I stopped buying it... also their Kosher Kush hash (11€/g) was great quality for the price in that time :mrgreen:

This year I tried their Miss USA and Banana OG hash for example and it was also pretty good but could been priced a bit cheaper like you said... maybe that was the reason I didn´t visited them so much this year :? while I have to agree that it´s not easy to find better bargains... especially quality new school hashes in that price range are hard to find and batches change a lot... 1e Hulps hash quality is indeed very consistant and for sure among the best :mrgreen:
FlyByNite

Post by FlyByNite »

New menu for 1e Hulp dated December 16, 2019. Thanks Super VM.

http://www.coffeeshopmenus.org/1e%20Hul ... 0Hulp.html

Enjoy
FlyByNite
FODSmith

Post by FODSmith »

Sour Sorbet & particularly Kushberry were good hash choices. Amnesia weed excellent & value for money. Rizla loves Dreamies.
Last edited by FODSmith on Wed 18th Dec 2019 02:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kingbee

Post by kingbee »

Last edited by kingbee on Fri 3rd Jan 2020 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FODSmith

Post by FODSmith »

I've just come back from a quick day trip. I know what you mean about the tourism –- and things seem to have ramped up this year -- but most places seemed almost eerily empty for whatever reason. Came back for another 2g of Kushberry, a soft dark hash that has been fairly reliable, and because it's the ideal last shop as well as the first, especially if you're leaving via Sloterdijk. Things come and go, and I miss the Sour Diesel hash, but you can always count on something of value.
Largefella

Post by Largefella »

Went in last night and grabbed two pre-rolls - one pure haze, and one pure white widow, 7.50 each. Both smoked very clean, fresh, good taste, and decent enough effect for a non-professional like myself. Also grabbed some CBD jelly hash for the wife - yet to try. Friendly service - place was doing a brisk service.
...as Sinatra once sang, Doobee doobee dooo....
kingbee

Post by kingbee »

Last edited by kingbee on Fri 3rd Jan 2020 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

kingbee wrote: Fri 27th Dec 2019 10:22 am I have tried "Royal Queen CBD 'Jelly Hash'" before - it was absolutely awful dude - not real hash at all, it was just vegetable oil and a random mix of other adulterants. It didn't smoke or burn well - definitely one to avoid!
Didn´t tried 1e Hulps CBD Jelly hash before but the budtender told me once that there is also a lot of THC in it, too so it seems to be no CBD only product... while I think because of the name I never tried it :lol: personaly I am not so interested in CBD only products...
By the way I heard that there are some tasty CBD Extracts available in Switzerland but I also heard that a lot of CBD oil is produced in china with poor quality :?