Kooi (formerly Old Amsterdam)

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Do you like Old Amsterdam?

I Like Old Amsterdam
80%
I Don't Like Old Amsterdam
20%

Total votes: 35

TwoCanucks

Re: Old Amsterdam

Post by TwoCanucks »

Adamster wrote:I see that on the menu they have this 115euro deal i wonder if they would sell ya the 12gs for 115 like marked :?: :wink: http://coffeeshopmenus.org/Old%20Amster ... erdam.html
I think they will say no, the price is 115e for 3 grams of ice at bottom f menu....likely a spread sheet with a formula that defaults all entries in that column,,,or maybe they dont give a fuck since they may be closing soon and are just selling ss much as they want

Amsterdam dreaming.............
Kermit

Post by Kermit »

Na, its for groups, like hsb in the market, imo 8)

And if no one is looking just like most places, they will :wink:
Adamster

Post by Adamster »

:cry: i dont get why they have these things if they aint going to sell it to ppl ... :| ty 4 the info guys :wink:
Smirks

Post by Smirks »

orle wrote:she was foul, huh? the only CS where i'd expect fowl is Bluebird

..i''ll get me coat
Or Birdy in Haarlem
ftcarer

Re: Re:

Post by ftcarer »

hawk77442 wrote:
SoulRider wrote:OK, this is now officially my favoritist coffeeshop in the world. ;)
Sounds awesome!
a blast from the past , digging up a soulrider quote :mrgreen: haven't seen him on here in f know's how long
last time I said hello was last year maybe :? think he was working in Barneys or Dampking2
Sending out the good vibes to those that need them right now :-)
talkrum

Post by talkrum »

I loved Andy's Life Report - the passage below has stuck with me.
I got off at Hobbemastraat again and did the reverse walk to home, picking up another pre-rolled and a lighter, so I could smoke the rest of that earlier joint. I did this and cheered up remarkably on my way home. I was just starting to feel good about the day again, so I sat on my window silll and sparked the other pre-rolled gazing out on my canal - the Oudenzijdsvoorburgwal, the first canal in the red light district.

As I sat smoking a spliff, a busker playing a saxaphone struck up a beautiful soft melody, the noise crescendoing, then dying off so softly. Part of the way the way through a man came out of the pub, and started singing randomly, making up words to a song as he got his mobility scooter ready. He had a beautiful bluesy soulful voice, and it was a beautiful way to spend the evening. As he drove off, his voice trailing into the distance, leaving only the saxophone playing, I realised something...

This is why I came to live in Amsterdam.
Every time I visit Dam I always manage to witness something truly memorable and special. Maybe its the Nevilles Haze that makes the mundane seem wonderful - but I like to think that its just Amsterdam and (of course) the talented posters and travelogue'ers on here who keep reminding us.

I miss loads of the original members - Blueberryams ("hi this is Blueberry reporting from Amsterdam" videos), Islandgurl (she introduced me to NYCD @ de Kuil), Boner (for everything but especially for telling us about de klos ribs and t'nes) and the guy that ignited my interest in alls things coffeeshop - oldhippie dave (google his crazy videos). Where are they now?
TwoCanucks

Post by TwoCanucks »

Blueberry is on Facebook, doing much the same.

I've seen IG on channels
Amsterdam dreaming.............
Smokey McPot

Post by Smokey McPot »

Went in here for a buy n fly on Saturday night, served by a freindly old man who informed me there was no red deisel left so plumped for the blueberry which was really really good

Went back at 11.45am on Monday to see if there was some RD and was told I could only buy to take away as she was closing ????
We left without making a purchase
If carlsburg made weed it would be northern lights 5x
Worsall

Post by Worsall »

Smokey McPot wrote:Went in here for a buy n fly on Saturday night, served by a freindly old man who informed me there was no red deisel left so plumped for the blueberry which was really really good

Went back at 11.45am on Monday to see if there was some RD and was told I could only buy to take away as she was closing ????
We left without making a purchase
Glad to hear it’s still in business – the opening hours even in the good old days were to say the very least erratic. A shop I would always use to make a 5g purchase, quality was always consistent and prices fair and often negotiable at quantity. Good place to chill when Marco was on shift, the girl was always a bit offish at least to me. They often had some specials under the counter for regulars.
BTW still in contact with SR, he is back in the UK now when we wrote on FB a few weeks ago, tried to convince him to go the CC but he could not make this time.
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

I was 2 times here in the past... never bought something :lol:
because the bud tender (a woman) was so unfriendly... both times...

Furthermore everything i wanted to buy from the menu was not in stock :x
baked.com

Post by baked.com »

Spent the whole evening here getting baked and watching out window.
Had the amnesia which was really strong and fresh.no fresh coffee :evil:
Smith2

Post by Smith2 »

Passed by on Thursday. It looked closed.
Spaldwickapeface

Post by Spaldwickapeface »

It was open in January, I bought a gram of the Kashmir gold which was lovely, shame the coffee did not match!?
I like bananas, monkey nuts and grapes. That's why they call me Sam of the apes
westhowejohnny

Post by westhowejohnny »

Was in here wednesday was a pretty nice shop sat at the fromt window smoked some candy kush and was a pretty nice smoke will return here next time
RossAG

Post by RossAG »

Any one been here recently, was my first ever coffeeshop loved the place the owner Marco was lovely and i am returning to Amsterdam for the 4th time on february the 2nd - 5th, i was wondering if the shop is still open for business many thanks