Cookies (Greenhouse)

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate Blue Velvet

I like Blue Velvet
88%
I don't like Blue Velvet
13%

Total votes: 40

ScottishC

Re: Greenhouse Lounge (formerly Blue Velvet)

Post by ScottishC »

This place is now Cookies Amsterdam, although still owned by the Greenhouse guys.

The menu is a mix of your standard fare and buds that are supposedly grown by Cookies and then flown here from California. As standard, all of the American imported stuff is eyewateringly expensive.

They didn't actually seem to have that much stock of this stuff, so it must be popular. All they had left were two Cookies strains, and even then it was a small amount. The Animal Mints was small buds, but the Gary Payton was just the dust at the bottom of the box, so I stumped up the 28 euro for a gram of the former.

28 euro is the most I've ever spent on a gram of weed, and probably will be for some time. I managed to convince myself that it's less of a rip off because Cookies is pretty expensive weed even in California. The things we tell ourselves, eh?

In fairness, the weed was pretty good. Tasted delicious and the effects were very good. It's the type of indica dominant hybrid I really like. Not too soporific, but not anxiety triggering either. Was it the best weed I've ever smoked to match the record price tag? Nah, but it was pretty typical for the type of thing you'd get in a California dispensary.

Whether it's the real thing from California is anyone's guess. The poor selection and unappealing little buds suggests to me it probably is. If you're going to mug people off with Dutch/Spanish grown weed and say it's Californian, wouldn't you at least choose some bigger buds and keep everything in stock? Again though, who knows? Three cheers to whatever ruthless capitalist realised people would pay double for the weed if you claim it's from California though. American weed tends to be better than the stuff in Europe, and you can get some really good shit over there, but it's not twice as good, is it?

Cookies branding is everywhere, including a large neon light in the shape of the Cookies logo on the ceiling. The smoking area is full of silent TVs playing clips of Berner (the rapper who owns Cookies) and the Greenhouse guys sniffing jars of weed and smiling approvingly. The music was chilled out hip hop, although thankfully not Berner's music...which is shit and pretty one dimensional.

The atmosphere and service wasn't bad at all. The waitress was friendly and the budtender was nice enough too. Who doesn't prefer to get robbed with a smile? Despite that, I doubt I'll be back. It's kind of a one off. A novelty. I think I prefer to smoke European weed in Europe and Californian weed in California.

texasxsmoker

Re: Greenhouse Lounge (formerly Blue Velvet)

Post by texasxsmoker »

Stopped in here to see how the new cookies store was. It was pretty disappointing having been in many cookies store back in the US.. All of the bins that were “cookies” were pretty much empty, just shake. The only bin that had any nugs was the Gary Payton. So grabbed some of that. It’s pretty decent weed but by no means for the price they charge for a gram.

Seems like this places is just using the brand name “cookies”. I’m sure they are growing the genetics from cookies. Im sure Berner gets his cut or some upfront payment to use the name. But with all the branding in the store you’d think they would at least try to keep the product in stock.
Not_the_monk

Re: Cookies (Greenhouse)

Post by Not_the_monk »

New menu for Cookies dated 21 May 2023. Kindly submitted to coffeeshopmenus.org by Avfc-Herbalist

https://www.coffeeshopmenus.org/Greenho ... okies.html

avfc-herbalist

Post by avfc-herbalist »

Super Lemon Haze Cream as good as always. Very sticky! Had to be put in the fridge.

Lemon Cake had a lovely lemony smell that came through nicely in a pure joint.

Gary Payton was a brilliant smoke for the price. Smelt it out of interest as the budtender recommended it and I had to buy a g!

The budtender was very friendly, even covering one of the lights with his hand so I could get a better menu picture.
sit back, blaze ganja and chill
Not_the_monk

Post by Not_the_monk »

New menu for Cookies Lounge dated 18 September 2023. Kindly submitted to coffeeshopmenus.org by JC 85

https://www.coffeeshopmenus.org/Greenho ... okies.html

Not_the_monk

Post by Not_the_monk »

New menu for Greenhouse Cookies dated 23 January 2024. Kindly submitted to coffeeshopmenus.org by James

https://www.coffeeshopmenus.org/cs-gree ... okies.html