Cookies (Greenhouse)

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate Blue Velvet

I like Blue Velvet
88%
I don't like Blue Velvet
13%

Total votes: 40

CloudedThoughts

Cookies (Greenhouse)

Post by CloudedThoughts »

ACD Page: Greenhouse Lounge

I noticed no ones mentioned it.its right up the block from pink floyd,and well worth the visit.its a small shop but the menus nice nothing extraordinary,but worth a mention.the hash there was superb.

Epsilon

Post by Epsilon »

Heres a pic from a 2004 visit ...

you can see it has a gate thingee . Was an American Girl working the counter and it was quite empty . Must've been late morning . I remember using the computer upstairs, and that the music was different . Lotsa accoustic folky stuff . Kind of liked the place

Last edited by Epsilon on Mon 7th May 2007 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
CloudedThoughts

nice pic,just looking at it makes remember the blueberry,and the honey maroc hash i got there.
Boner

Post by Boner »

I went there way back (I still have a Blue Velvet t-shirt) was alright but the lure of Pink Floyds always gets me hence why I haven't been back, I think I'm right in saying that the owners of Blue Velvet also own the Softland shops as well!
Being pedantic and knobbish since 1972
CloudedThoughts

i agree the pink floyd lured me in so quickly,i smelled the hash nas baked goodies,and had to make a stop :D
hilian2

Blue Velvet

Post by hilian2 »

Went passed last week and it was closed, dunno if its a refurb or what.
A toke a day keeps the blues away - Hils xxx
lidodude

Post by lidodude »

Date of visit: 11/22/2006
Rating: Liked the shop!

Another Cannabis Cup stop! Yea! I like the decor, staff, and product in this place. We chilled out with some cold orange juice and a spiff of their CC entry, "Mr. Nice". It was a great strain scoring in the top ten of the strains we tried during the 19th cup. This is definately a place I'd visit again.
blackshore

Post by blackshore »

Went past here last week and it looked like the refurb had started - and there was a couple of signs on the door saying that they were hiring staff
Damster

Post by Damster »

Blue Velvet has CLOSED and is now a Greenhouse.
JayK

Post by JayK »

Greenhouse have done an amazing job with this place. Same kinda vibe as Barneys Lounge, a lot sleeker than the other Greenhouse shops.

Great drinks, especially the milkshakes and a good selection of food too. The best thing about this shop has to be the fish tank in the floor 8) Never really been a GH fan, but this place could definitely convert me!

Tried the Alaskan Ice and Strawberry Haze from the menu, both of which were excellent sativas, the smell of the strawberry have was incredible.
Umbyboy

Nice place

Post by Umbyboy »

sadasdd
Last edited by Umbyboy on Sat 29th Jul 2017 04:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
offmetree

Post by offmetree »

JayK wrote:Tried the Alaskan Ice and Strawberry Haze from the menu, both of which were excellent sativas, the smell of the strawberry have was incredible.
Thanks for that.

I was about to post a question on where to find Strawberry Haze.

We're staying just round the corner from GH Lounge when we go in June. :)

Gonna have to try some, heard a lot about it.
Eat Well. Stay Fit. Die Anyway.
:)
offmetree

Post by offmetree »

nice shop btw.

crazy glass floor with the fish. very cool
Eat Well. Stay Fit. Die Anyway.
:)
redeyed assassin

Post by redeyed assassin »

I was over last week and managed to try the Alaskan Ice 10.50E, Hawaian Snow 11E?, Strawberry Haze 14E and the Jack 8E.

I'd have to rate the Alaskan Ice as the top smoke, closely followed by the Hawaian Snow. The Strawbery Haze smelt really fruity allthough I'm not sure it was a strawberry smell. It was a really nice smoke but expensive at 14E per g.

The Alaskan Ice came with recommendations from 2 budtenders (they refer to it as "Alaska Nice") and was prob the best sativa I sampled this trip.

I found the Jack quite disapointing not that strong and quite a harsh smoke.

Great coffeshop though, definately worth a visit. Friendly, helpful budtenders (one remembered me from last Sep and sorted me out with a pack of skins as soon as I walked in) and pretty girls serving drinks/food.
Epsilon

Post by Epsilon »

Made our first stop here since I snapped the pic near the top of this thread...got Silver Pearl at 9, nice smoke ,no complaints there. Was upstairs for part of the Turkey/Deutschland game,friendly ,stoned, both sides watching ...there is a glass floor that is truly unique downstairs ...decor /staff nice ...but had the filthiest restrooms we've seen in a CS in years ...tables untended,overflowing ashtrays ,trash on floor , give it a good cleaning and it would be a top notch shop ...