Cookies (Greenhouse)

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate Blue Velvet

I like Blue Velvet
88%
I don't like Blue Velvet
13%

Total votes: 40

Adamster

Post by Adamster »

i love this place the new greenhouse why? cause you can go in and out fast budtender is near the door :) i hate places like the dampkring where you got to walk a mile inside just to get to the budtender and when you walking out the ppl at bar looking at you weird cause you not getting a drink! i hate places where they force a drink on you!

Kermit

Post by Kermit »

Blue velvet was an average shop with average weed but the staff have always been very friendly towards me.
Now it has been taken over it has improved 1000%. The inside seems bigger its an awesome atmosphere and the staff are tops. Although bud is a bit pricey but worth a visit every time.

Post by 25211 »

Bobbed in here twice on 24/10/08
didn't buy any smoke here but it is a nice place with 3 distinct sections
the main area with "The Floor" upstairs at the back has a cosy almost English pub feel
Downstairs at the back has a more Dutch feel with Delft tiled walls
both of these I could sit an chill in for a while
The food was very good about 6 Euros for the spicy veggie Mexican raps
& I am reliably informed that the cheese bugger was top as well
pipe-and-slippers

Post by pipe-and-slippers »

Hit and miss with the Greenhose products.
Strawberry haze was shit, the Hawaiian was sweet. Not smoked any of the hashes I bought yet, but the KHE and the ice supreme look like the business.
Old enough to know knetter
Blueberryyumyum

Post by Blueberryyumyum »

Got some Super Lemon Haze. Best tasting bud I have had all trip.Atmosphere seemed nice place was pretty full. Budtender seemed friendly but had a long line of customers so couldnt talk much.
FenixNYC

Post by FenixNYC »

Blueberryyumyum wrote:Got some Super Lemon Haze. Best tasting bud I have had all trip.Atmosphere seemed nice place was pretty full. Budtender seemed friendly but had a long line of customers so couldnt talk much.
That's the strain I'm most looking forward to trying.

The decor of this spot sounds chill too.
Before anything, get the daily dose of choke.....
smartpig

Post by smartpig »

Definitely my kind of place. Went twice last trip. First time we smoked evry last crumb of the Bubblegum gram we bought. Mellow high and smooth smoke. Stared at the fish tank in the floor for about a half hour before leaving. Good mix of tunes although the budtender and I were the only ones who seemed to know the words to 'Arnold Layne'.
Matt_B

Post by Matt_B »

I like the Greenhouse Lounge and think that Greenhouse generally have some good product. I agree that sometimes their wares are over-hyped for the Cup but the Temple Ball they sell is a really good smoke and fairly well priced at 10.50.
growman82

Greenhouse Lounge

Post by growman82 »

I did indeed like the product line they had available however the dealer/budtender there was a bit of an a-hole...he was indeed rather nice to the other European customers but when he got to me the American he then seemed to change his tone and began to appear disinterested. Its weird because I remember not really not saying anything and just trying to be polite and wait my turn. After trying to strike up conversation it then became clear to me that watching paint dry would have been more interesting to him. Oh well, all-in-all the bud was pretty darn good and the atmosphere was rather enjoyable I just wish the dealer would loose the tude. I understand it probably gets pretty annoying the amount of tourist they get but realistically we the tourist are the ones that pay the bills and help keep them in business.
FenixNYC

Re: Greenhouse Lounge

Post by FenixNYC »

growman82 wrote:I did indeed like the product line they had available however the dealer/budtender there was a bit of an a-hole...he was indeed rather nice to the other European customers but when he got to me the American he then seemed to change his tone and began to appear disinterested. Its weird because I remember not really not saying anything and just trying to be polite and wait my turn. After trying to strike up conversation it then became clear to me that watching paint dry would have been more interesting to him. Oh well, all-in-all the bud was pretty darn good and the atmosphere was rather enjoyable I just wish the dealer would loose the tude. I understand it probably gets pretty annoying the amount of tourist they get but realistically we the tourist are the ones that pay the bills and help keep them in business.
This was the only shop I encountered on my trip with a rude budtender (bigger, bald dude) out of the 20 or so I visited, though he did sell me the best smoke I had while out there so, go figure.
Before anything, get the daily dose of choke.....
Benedict

Post by Benedict »

I visited this place last was year and even though the weed was lovely, think it was the alaskan silver haze? we had? Well anyway it took ages for our food to arrive.

lovely place though and the fish tank floor was awesome. Will report back once I visit it on wednesday.

xx
Newbie 2 dah Dubbie

Post by Newbie 2 dah Dubbie »

Anyone visit this place recently -- any thing you'd reccomend from menu? Do they have the same stuff as thier "sister" shop? This place is right by our hotel - so looking for some updated infor if anyone has any - thanks
Dam May 11-17 -- let's meet up PM me!
deejazz

BEWARE! - STAFF ROBBED MY STASH

Post by deejazz »

Enjoyed a nice afternoon here with a half gram of Hawaiian Snow. I had only used a small portion and the remainder was on the table with my map. 2 women working there came by and cleaned off the table of empty glasses and minutes later I noticed my leftover weed was gone! There were no other people in the shop. When I was searching EVERYWHERE for it I noticed BOTH girls watching me and talking together. It was very obvious I was robbed. I approached them and asked if they accidentally tossed my map into the trash when they cleared off the table (that was missing too and if the map went into the trash maybe my stash did also) and they denied it. They claimed they only cleared empty glasses. Whether they put it back into the lot for re-sale or claimed it as there own, I hope they choked on it. It was a buzz-kill for an afternoon in Amsterdam. Keep your wits about you and keep your stash closer!
Someone else posted me about this and claimed it happened to them at this shop as well. BEWARE!
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

got some nice Rif Cream and SSH from there... both nice quality. The SSH was the advice of the budtender and yes it was an very superb batch.
The Greenhouse Ice O Lator was sold out :(

at first I thought Greenhouse is a complete rip off shop... greenhouse and barney´s win´s every high times cup... I wasn´t impressed by the quality of the weed on my first visit... but I have to say that they had some very nice weed/hash on their menu most at the time and it´s one of the most comfortable shops in town so it´s worth a visit.

one problem is like in nearly every shop you had to look what is good at the moment... because quality changes a lot... every harvest is differnt...
codejd

Re: Greenhouse Lounge (formerly Blue Velvet)

Post by codejd »

I like the whole buy & fly here or just go take a seat and freak out on that underground fish tank for a while :mrgreen: .

The Temple Balls were just as good as anywhere else but I didn't care much for their weed this time around :| .

Here's some new PIX (take 'em if you want 'em FBN!) from yesterday;

8) .
Donkey smell.