Katsu

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

do you like coffeeshop katsu?

i like it
92%
i don't like it
8%

Total votes: 254

notsofasteddie

Re: Katsu

Post by notsofasteddie »

sNc wrote: Sat 9th Dec 2017 11:18 pm Also take into account how many different menu photos have been taken and uploaded previously of the same shops (some going back +10 years!).this also shows an acceptance in part by the businesses.
Think about the history that these menus open the door to!

We have:

Changing prices over the years

The Guilder to Euro conversion

The evolution of the strains and hashes available

The list of shops that survived and those that didn't and why

Thank you FBN!!

Think about tying that information to the content available on this site. I'm seeing Thesis material!

Thank you Lemming!!

tinky

Post by tinky »

Ghostrain haze. One fat sparkling bud €20 for 1.7 or 1.9g. Can’t remember which Very nice though.
CopenhagenCouple

Post by CopenhagenCouple »

Triple Zero - Nice piece of classic Moroccan hash reminding us of a bit of the famous shoe hash, fair value at 10 e / 0,7 considering how hard it is to find high grade classics like this. Katsu off of naughty list and back on nice list... :D
Always know where your towel is! :wtf: :lol:
Dickinsonbeer

Post by Dickinsonbeer »

Dr grinspoon even better than usual at 20 for a 1.2gram bag maybe? It is fruity but has a dank earthy mustiness with some spice to it. Not too racy but just good energy and head high. Really good for walking around the city

Mango haze was great as always. Not sure on price. Also good energy flavor and head high.

Orange diesel also really citrusy and cleaner/diesle fuel aroma. Good clean head high.
FlyByNite

Post by FlyByNite »

New menu for Katsu dated May 14, 2018. Thanks SupertVM.

http://www.coffeeshopmenus.org/Katsu/Menus/Katsu.html

Enjoy
FlyByNite
whisx

Post by whisx »

Anyone sampled at Katsu lately? I need moar recommendations as our hotel will be close to Katsu. Dr. Grinspoon was a neaty on my last visit, but I'm betting there's more.
Trips to Dam since 2005: 11 8)
madmaxxx

Post by madmaxxx »

10e a bag at katsu it a great place to try different strains.so try away
puffpuffgive

Post by puffpuffgive »

their super lemon haze was like sunshine in a baggie on my last trip, at the end of may. Also look out for paroc hash, (pakistani style hash made in morocco.. or is it vice versa), very nice, strong spicy n sticky, cheap too. Oh and 24K Gold or something. Also great. Can;t go too far wrong here atm it seems.
ik hou van amsterdam
photography https://www.flickr.com/photos/bananaface1000/
whisx

Post by whisx »

madmaxxx wrote: Fri 8th Jun 2018 10:35 am 10e a bag at katsu it a great place to try different strains.so try away
Thx both. I feel like you're right, we're just gonna try our luck. For 10 e you get just the right amount for sampling with friends.
Jesscass

Post by Jesscass »

Last week:

There was a new traditional moroccan hashish on for about 14€('Triple Zero') if memory serves me right but it wasn't convincing as we had enough on in fact and it just wasn't special enough. Otherwise a nice sit down here due to De Graal being closed that evening.
milehigh

Post by milehigh »

Wonderful place.
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

Jesscass wrote: Sun 10th Jun 2018 01:16 pm Last week:

There was a new traditional moroccan hashish on for about 14€('Triple Zero') if memory serves me right but it wasn't convincing as we had enough on in fact and it just wasn't special enough. Otherwise a nice sit down here due to De Graal being closed that evening.
Asked to see the Triple Zero but was not in stock atm. I also took a look at their Paroc hash (10€/1,8g)... very dark oily sticky stuff that smelled pretty good (like kind of paki/maroc genetic) out of the pre bagged baggy and it´s very cheap, too. Someone here on the forum wrote a positive review on that paroc so I checked it out thanks for that 8)

I also took a look on their Choco Maroc (10€/1,2g) which looked and smelled exactly like the last times I had it. Personally I really like the taste of that one.

Hmmm hard decision I only wanted to try one hash more because at this point I already had nearly enough hash on me... so I went for the Choco Maroc but the Paroc is definitely on my list for next time... it could be a real steal
Hashsmoker

Post by Hashsmoker »

I was in Amsterdam and decided to go for the Paroc.
So after I visited Central, Bagheera and Coffeeshop Amsterdam I started walking towards the Rembrandplein and from there to the Albert Cuypmarket.
The market was almost closing and I was a bit dazed and confused at the wrong street leading to the Sarphatipark expecting to see Katsu round the corner.
Then it dawned upon me that Katsu was on the other side of the park - haha.

The weather was nice but not hot, outside Katsu there was plenty space on the terras.
Being a pipesmoker I hate draft, I want to light my piece of hashish in the pipe till it burns and then smoke it empty preferably on one flame.
So I went inside where it was crowded but not packed to the attic.
Only a few places left to sit but good enough.

It's mostly a good vibe that's hanging around there - definitely a bit of hippyawarenes and your local boefjes/rascals.
Mostly locals I would say, bunch of them are 40+ and most look rather friendly.
Staff also nice and friendly welcoming.

So I bought 1 bag Paroc, its sticky and oily, nice pliable - it's not too sticky/oily so you can roll it comfortably between your fingers.
Burns nice in my pipe.
Not harsh on the throat or nose.
Smoked some yesterday in Katsu and I was not disappointed - not real strong body effect and not very stony but more high and uplifting -first thoughts - haha did Jerry Springer use that phrase...
Nice if you wan to stay active and not want to be totally unconscious for the next hour.

I'm smoking it right now again, it takes you somewhere, you know the feeling - you sit in your chair - light your pipe and get very focused or drift away to somewhere hazy and the suddenly you come to your senses again and think wtf oyeah this stuff works..

When I left I bought a second bag Paroc, for 10 euro for 1.8 gram I am a happy smoker.
whisx

Post by whisx »

Me & friends enjoyed Katsu. Paid a few visits during 24th-26th as it was a great place to get the day started. Friendly staff, easy going, seems like there's locals, lone wanderers and some englishmen were spotted, too.

Hawai Haze was one the more euphoric strains I've smoked. Perfect for getting your brains to a good frequency. You have to smoke again or suffer lethargy towards the end of the day. 24 Karaat escaped my memory. In fact we just lost the bag among others as nearly all aren't labeled. Friend bought SLH and it received some kudos.

Katsu is has its popularity base and it was difficult to find seating areas for three or more.
Kay Noosh

Post by Kay Noosh »

As so many others described - I liked the Katsu! Probably the most pleasant coffeeshop I was at. I liked the artwork, the music, the outside place (only to windy that day to roll a joint there) and the atmosphere of the whole place - I wonder why there aren't more like this. The budtenders were nice, and they had nice stuff... I got the Hawaii Haze which I tested directly... light sunny afternoon, flying there and in the park... And I went for the Dr. Grinspoon too. Which I tested the next day and I found it REALLY TRIPPY! That's what I had wanted :D (big smile) - a good one to go to an arts museum, I thought! And absolutely worth the price imo. So, there's my recommendation... :D
"God's herb, puts you in the moment. Smoke a little and let it do its thing!" (H. Diltz)