Katsu

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

do you like coffeeshop katsu?

i like it
92%
i don't like it
8%

Total votes: 254

Junglist Movement

Re: Katsu

Post by Junglist Movement »

Nice one for the updates!

KeyMonCha

Post by KeyMonCha »

Ok, so i was in the area and thought i'd drop in to an old hash-hotspot for a little looksie... Asked for something special, and was told the 'Mean Green' was the one for me... So i grabbed a gram of that, and then noticed they had 'Cali Kush Ice' in the little cabinet at the bar... I was told that this was an import, and not just a Cali strain, and at 10e/0.5 i couldn't resist grabbing a gram of that too...

Mean Green was supposed to be a G13 cross, but i couldn't taste anything other than a heavy Maroc flavour... Kinda weak head-high... Not worth it, imo!

As for the 'Cali'.... I think i'd have been better off with soap-bar... Slight Kushy flavor, with no hint of an effect on me! :(

...Felt a little ripped off, but hey-ho... I had to try it....

Katsu may have been visited for the last time... Used to be a go-to for 5g deals on decent hash, but now... There are far better hash stops in De Pijp!
elgringrow

Post by elgringrow »

KeyMonCha wrote: Tue 14th Aug 2018 03:42 pm Mean Green was supposed to be a G13 cross, but i couldn't taste anything other than a heavy Maroc flavour... Kinda weak head-high... Not worth it, imo!

As for the 'Cali'.... I think i'd have been better off with soap-bar... Slight Kushy flavor, with no hint of an effect on me! :(

...Felt a little ripped off, but hey-ho... I had to try it....

Katsu may have been visited for the last time... Used to be a go-to for 5g deals on decent hash, but now... There are far better hash stops in De Pijp!
great info, thanks!

What would you consider a better hash stop(especially for a 5g deal)?
KeyMonCha

Post by KeyMonCha »

elgringrow wrote: Thu 16th Aug 2018 04:15 pm
great info, thanks!

What would you consider a better hash stop(especially for a 5g deal)?
Wish i could help, but most of my old 5g stops are no longer up to scratch, or closed entirely... Katsu, Betty's, Anyday all used to have decent, 'old skool' hash for bargain prices, but now i rarely buy 5g unless something special pops up...

...There's still places to check out, like Central for 5g of Amnesia hash... Maybe GP if you want 5g of the classic green variety... Massawa has a good menu and good prices on hash, too... Depends what you're after, and what you plan to spend...

...Generally, just keep an eye on Coffeeshop menus and the reviews section here, and something should catch your eye eventually...

...Have fun!
FlyByNite

Post by FlyByNite »

New menu for Katsu dated August 20, 2018. Thanks Super VM.

http://www.coffeeshopmenus.org/Katsu/Menus/Katsu.html

Enjoy
FlyByNite
MasterOfMuppets

Post by MasterOfMuppets »

Stopped by today, got Hawai haze and Royal Nepal. The haze produced a clear high&tasted ok 3/5.
The hash was really soft and black, easy to roll into a joint. Tasted good and gave an ok high 3/5.
Daz1976

Post by Daz1976 »

Stopped by Katsu twice on my visit last weekend (22nd & 23rd Sep), and loved everything about it. In a good area (near the market) and managed to find it quite easily heading from vondelpark where we were staying.
On the 1st visit, Saturday lunchtime, and it was very busy. Bud tender recommended the tangie haze sativa (the Mrs choice) and we managed to find a couple of stools but it was right at the door so we had a joint each with a latte before heading to meet my brother.
The buds were lovely and dry, fruity smell and we both had a good buzz walking through the market on way up to Rembrandt plein.

2nd visit, Sunday evening after dinner. This time was much quieter. Bought the strawberry banana kush and managed to find a comfy seat at the very back at the window. The weed was nice and dry but for me, it was quite harsh on my throat. I had a pure grass joint but struggled with it - quite disappointed. Sat and had a few smokes (had to go back to tobacco joints 😁 But didn't feel as harsh on my throat) and then left to wander the streets - again !!
Smell the flowers while you can✌️
no_way

Post by no_way »

just found this `shocking` feedback on google
`Got ten grams here when I weighed it at home came in at 8.7 g all the deals are under weight by 0.1-0.2 if you buy ten you end up losing 1.3 g , complete rip off no morals shop avoid~

I really hope Katsu will not become just a normal fkn A`Dam coffeeshop, but in my opinion in the last 5-6 years it really looks like they are triyng to become just a standard centrum CS, based on staff rudeness and underweight deals :(
Daz1976

Post by Daz1976 »

I thought you could only buy 5g maximum in any shop?
no_way

Post by no_way »

Daz1976 wrote: Thu 25th Oct 2018 01:31 am I thought you could only buy 5g maximum in any shop?
probably they were in 2? :o
Nootram

Post by Nootram »

To be honest, there are many coffeeshops which really dont care about the limit. In some, you can just straight ask for larger amounts and some will tell you to come back once every 10-20 minutes.

That being said, I do not know if that's the case there. Kinda doubt it because of the way the CS is setup, its quite impossible to do that discreetly but who knows...
Daz1976

Post by Daz1976 »

no_way 😆 never thought of that 😆👍
Daz1976

Post by Daz1976 »

For me, part of the whole Amsterdam thrill is visiting different coffee shops to try different varieties, not sure I'd load up from one shop - probably as I'm only there 3 or 4 days at a time, once a year 😂😂
GanjaGod

Post by GanjaGod »

no_way wrote: Thu 18th Oct 2018 06:08 am just found this `shocking` feedback on google
`Got ten grams here when I weighed it at home came in at 8.7 g all the deals are under weight by 0.1-0.2 if you buy ten you end up losing 1.3 g , complete rip off no morals shop avoid~

I really hope Katsu will not become just a normal fkn A`Dam coffeeshop, but in my opinion in the last 5-6 years it really looks like they are triyng to become just a standard centrum CS, based on staff rudeness and underweight deals :(

They pack the weed when its still a bit wet, the moment you buy it its dried to the bone and obv a bit lighter in weight
DjShaggy

Post by DjShaggy »

GanjaGod wrote: Sat 27th Oct 2018 11:53 am
no_way wrote: Thu 18th Oct 2018 06:08 am just found this `shocking` feedback on google

They pack the weed when its still a bit wet, the moment you buy it its dried to the bone and obv a bit lighter in weight
That’s right, weed dries really well in plastic bags :lol:
ignoring spellcheck since 1986