Mellow Yellow

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate Mellow Yellow

I like Mellow Yellow
84%
I don't like Mellow Yellow
16%

Total votes: 166

bigjohn

Mellow Yellow

Post by bigjohn »

ACD Page: Mellow Yellow

This place deserves it's own thread. coming out of the Heineken museum walk straight ahead, over the canal and along the main street for 2 minutes, it's on your right. Bright yellow & black stripes, you can't miss it.

Very modern, bright and roomy in comparison to it's sister shop "noon".

Clientelle predominately locals as it's off the tourist track, 16, 24 & 25 Tram passes outside.

Mellow berry, 5 grams for 25 euros, best buy of my stay, it was a lovely light green colour that looked as though it had been dusted with icing sugar, mellow by name and mellow by taste.

Very friendly budtender and a few entertaining local "americans" in there that looked as though they arrived for queens day in 1980 and forgot to leave :lol:

A must after visiting the Heineken brewery tour, which is excellent value at 10 Euros :P

Doog

Post by Doog »

:D Hmmmm 25 Euros for 5 grammes of smoke with a personal recommendation AND the place is near to the Heineken Brewery.

Must be worth a go (after the brewery tour of course) :D
Birdman

Post by Birdman »

Maybe the only coffeeshop that wouldn't let me smoke a joint I hadn't bought there even though I did purchase drinks. When they told me that I downed the Looza and told them to Fug off! And this was when the place was empty.
courtjester

Post by courtjester »

This is pretty simple for me.
1. The place is nice enough.
2. The bud is cheap enough (5G/E25 for Mellow Berry).
3. The bud absolutely, unequivocally, was the smallest we encountered during a two-week stay in Amsterdam. There was not a close second.

It's all about the bud for me. Don't be nice to me, don't even talk to me, just take the money and slap down the bud and the coffee. I don't give a crap. But don't give me the smallest bud, without compare, in the entire city, and expect me to say the ambiance makes it OK.

Not for me, it doesn't.
Boner

Post by Boner »

The Mellow Berry is €25 for 5 grams from here but someone told me its still €23 at The Noon?? The Desert Bud I picked up from here last week was an amazing smoke its got a very unique smell and gets you well stoned.
Being pedantic and knobbish since 1972
Bernum

Post by Bernum »

1g of Mellow Haze...first buds i smoked in A'dam and Fuck it was good!
Bernum

Post by Bernum »

and their menu circa April 2006
Bernum

Post by Bernum »

and their Schaartjes(scissors) hash which at 45 euro a Gram was too expensive for me, but i had to have a look at it.
Prestoned

Post by Prestoned »

So the Bluberry on offer at the Noon is the same as the MellowBerry in Mellow Yellow? Will have to remember that as we are going from Noon to Mellow Yellow :P
:)
sh@dy

Post by sh@dy »

If that is their menu, why is the Jamaica Weed so expensive? All other shops I had a look at, the Jamaica was around 3-4,5€.
Weemanio

Post by Weemanio »

have to say i was in this shop in march, i found it by chance after brewery. so thought id slide in, bought 3 grams of super silver haze. the best was by far the best of the trip the crystals were unreal. shop guys seemed ok. overall a top cs imo. will go back for deffs.
iain1977

Post by iain1977 »

haha , i found this place by chance too . was looking for the noon down south leidsplein region , very lost followed a road we thought would get central , this place was on it . very chilled and quiet , good skuff and thats all i bought along with a coffee , steep upstairs area and street level bit with pinball machine , good turkish cafe next door that does a dish with 4 bits of bacon and 4 eggs all joined together , with the obligatory salad :roll:
AL

Post by AL »

yeh off the beaten track a bit but worth it,really sound weed, no bad prices,usually the locals hit this place and when the locals hit a place :wink:
need a spliff......
skars

Post by skars »

Great shop and very helpful staff (does that guy ever get a day off?).
STR 14
DEX 12
CON 15
INT 8
WIS 10
CHA 9
easy life

Post by easy life »

passed this place a lot on the tram,but never got off to try it or look at the menu.i decided to visit brought a grm off blueberry~real sooth smoke,really liked it.

((i asked for blueberry without looking at the menu (it may off been mellow berry)) alought he never said anything.just looking at the menu here its made me unsure if it was blue or mellow berry

looked at the menu;brought a grm off east coast trianwreack wast my liking but was decent bud just wasnt my taste.

came back later (after polishing off the bud i had so i stayed legal) and asked for 5 grms off the ?blueberry (25e) the guy showed me the box and it was full off small buds,he told me to come back in 15 miniutes and gave me a free coffee,played pinball while i waited and true to his words 15mins later or less he had much better sized buds.

imo i would go again just to get the berry.