De Kuil (420 Cafe)

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate De Kuil

I like De Kuil
93%
I don't like De Kuil
7%

Total votes: 297

Nepenthe

Re: De Kuil (420 Cafe)

Post by Nepenthe »

elasticband wrote:you have them mixed up, the haze is the nice looking one and the kush is the bad one
Yeah that's what I said too... and it was almost a week ago that he bought them, so he could easily be mistaken. I'll ask to see both when I'm there next month and try them if they look decent in the tub.

EDIT: Fixed previous post so the names are the right way around.
Last edited by Nepenthe on Sat 9th Nov 2013 08:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RvanSteensel

Post by RvanSteensel »

elasticband wrote:you have them mixed up, the haze is the nice looking one and the kush is the bad one
Relax and take notes , as I take tokes of the marihuana smoke
TwoCanucks

Post by TwoCanucks »

Roo-Vee-Bo wrote:Really bad weed but a great place to chill
+420
Amsterdam dreaming.............
Padge247

Post by Padge247 »

Came here on the first day my friends arrived as it was one they had visited on previous trips and enjoyed. No seating available which was a shame. Bought the NY Diesel and is probably the best example I have had of this strain, really notable diesel smell and taste, nice looking nug too. Looked like it would have been nice to chill in but like I say it was full =(
TwoCanucks

Post by TwoCanucks »

NYCD 14e/gram, got a big nug, turned out to be moist in the after purchase inspection, didnt look wet at counter, actually smelled quite lovely. Shame you cant squeeze the odd bud.

Smoked black ash, gave away rest.
Amsterdam dreaming.............
Padge247

Post by Padge247 »

Bah that sucks TC, it wasn't at all moist when we bought it. Maybe some harvests were rushed to make sure there was enough in during the cup ? =/
Thesuikki

Post by Thesuikki »

What about the Space Cakes? Good high? :)
Smith2

Post by Smith2 »

Didn't get any of their gear this time, but the cat's still seeing off the dogs:
bakedlays

Post by bakedlays »

Got their reefer joint here, and thought it was good fun - easy to smoke and it took me dancing like I was 20.

I don't think the budtender was incredibly impressed that's all I wanted, but he was charming and smiley none the less.

The stools at the window in the front - great chill spot.

All I remember about the music was there was a rap song that dissolved into a prog-rock song for ten minutes, and then back again. It was gangsta in about 12 different time signatures.
monster420

Post by monster420 »

westhowejohnny

Post by westhowejohnny »

Really like to chill in this coffeeshop, nice cheap drinks and reasonably priced weed. 420 kush was very nice and only 12euro. Tried the 420 haze last time which was a very nice effect for a haze as its 50/50 indica sativa
Fabess

Post by Fabess »

An old favorite as it was the first coffee shop I went in back in 2005.

As I wanted watch the Man U- Bayern and my friend don't care about football. I went to Wembley Pub to watch second half time after a stroll in the RLD. We arrange to meet there after the game is over.

Went in, ordered two drinks from de very beautiful girl at the bar, I joined my friend to a table, he has already bought some smoke : NYC Diesel 13€/gr but he got a 5gr bag for 60€ and told it was the best looking and smelling weed.This had a diesel grapefuit taste but not so intense. Effect were not that strong. I don't ever remember. 420 haze was only crumbs and Neville haze smell pretty blank.

Had a nightcap here with a big joint my mate made of Red Maroc at 8€/gr it has a earthy menthol taste.

Will come back again to buy drinks and smoke my own.
Last edited by Fabess on Tue 15th Apr 2014 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: Chill & Smoke some Greenzz :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
conscioushours

Post by conscioushours »

Hey all, I'm coming to Amsterdam next week with my cousin and we'll probably be visiting De Kuil since our hostel is pretty close to it. We've never been to the Netherlands or coffee shops before. We've both tried weed before, my cousin has smoked tobacco for years and has no problem with it but I personally dislike smoking, I mean I can do that but strong stuff sometimes gives me heartburn and I just don't enjoy smoking in general so that's why I was thinking about space cakes.

So... can anyone confirm if they still sell space cakes at De Kuil? I could only find some menus from last summer so I wanted to make sure. Are they good, and what's the difference, like what's the best one? I know that Paradox sells the strongest ones but that's not for me yet since I've never eaten any yet, haha.

The reason I'm asking this is that we're gonna be there around 4/20 so it'll probably be quite crowded and I couldn't find any information about the space cakes on their menus that I've been googling so thought about giving this forum a try.
Papi

Post by Papi »

Never tasted space cakes from there since they hadn't looked very good and were around 7e/piece. But 420 cafe is near some places you can get it cheaper. Personally one day I didn't want to go to Paradox cause i've got too stoned, so i popped to coffeeshop Ben(100m away), they had big nicely cut cake, 5e/piece, were pretty decent, both in taste and in effect.
But if you'll be in 420 anyway go for the hot chocolate(2e) and watch the whipped cream bonanza appear before you:)\

Enjoy
Edibles on a plane is my middle fucking name
worldcitizen1723

Post by worldcitizen1723 »

get a hot chocolate and add some hash to it….
or sprinkle pot in yogurt
or either in a milk shake

no smoking and you have total control of the amount you are ingesting