Spirit

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate Spirit

I like Spirit
88%
I don't like Spirit
13%

Total votes: 32

ftcarer

Re: Spirit

Post by ftcarer »

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:
put Anyday in there aswell :mrgreen:

Sending out the good vibes to those that need them right now :-)
Lafe

Post by Lafe »

matty223 wrote:
ftcarer wrote:Nice review HH :mrgreen:

Harry Highpants wrote: The only downside is that there's not really any other coffeeshops nearby,

depends what you class as close mate :wink: Bronx and t'Keteltje are roughly 5 mins walk away ,Siberie, Utopia ,HGF, Grey Area , Amnesia , Paradox, Harrlemmerstraat CS's all only 10-15 mins away depending on ur travelling speed of course :mrgreen:
Check the map , a excellent resource :mrgreen:
don't forget funky monkey and 1e hulp are basically 10 min walk
De Republiek is a 10 minute walk also. Just hop Tram 10 for the ride back toward Leidseplein, passing 1e Hulp, etc.

One can do a Tram 10 crawl if desired, I should lay that one out....
"Laif" with a long "a".
elasticband

Post by elasticband »

Harry Highpants wrote: The only downside is that there's not really any other coffeeshops nearby,
Sorry but haarlemmerstraat is pretty much just at the end of the road and over the bridges(edit) which is about 5mins on foot

or get a bike and everywhere is close by
They must find it difficult, those who have taken authority as truth, rather than truth as authority
Harry Highpants

Post by Harry Highpants »

Ok - I guess I'm going amend this one to read, "there's no other coffeeshops on the same street!" :roll: From my riding experience during the trip, nothing's really far from anywhere if you have a bike in Amsterdam!

I guess that means everybody can pay this place a visit! :D

The area itself is top notch. Flea market on one day (I think Monday) and organic market on another(Saturday?). Plenty of good eats and drinks places on the same street. Which reminds me -Spirit also does a decent coffee (although not mind blowing, for all you fellow coffee-snobs!).
treetop

Post by treetop »

Harry Highpants wrote:Ok - I guess I'm going amend this one to read, "there's no other coffeeshops on the same street!" :roll: From my riding experience during the trip, nothing's really far from anywhere if you have a bike in Amsterdam!

I guess that means everybody can pay this place a visit! :D

The area itself is top notch. Flea market on one day (I think Monday) and organic market on another(Saturday?). Plenty of good eats and drinks places on the same street. Which reminds me -Spirit also does a decent coffee (although not mind blowing, for all you fellow coffee-snobs!).
A developing street in an area that looks like it might be as exclusive as inside the canal soon.
How much did you produce?
mikelondon

Post by mikelondon »

Made a note of visiting this shop on the 19th. Purchased some cheap white widow @ 9 Euro, standard fare, but the main reason i visited was for the pinball.

If anyone is interested they have the new jersey jack machine 'The Wizard of Oz', which i was not expecting to see at all! It's a real beauty to look at and play. Others include Shrek, Avatar, Metallica, ACDC, Star Trek next generation.
Insert something profound here...Errr, life's like my dealer. Never know what you're gonna get!
KayaIndica

Post by KayaIndica »

I had an apointment nearby on saturday so I thought I might as well give it a shot to see what this place is about. A large, rather old school kind of shop, promoting social activities such as board games and pool. There are eight pin ball machines available and a pool table in the back and large tables to sit around in large companies. The quality of the combustionables are questionable. We bought SSH and Super Amnesia (as they called it). It smoked alright, with tobacco ^^, and the ashes looked clean. A little tickleish on the throat but I´m generally sensitive for that so no biggie.

All in all, worth a visit for pin ball and pool.
Nothing But Spirit
honestguy

Post by honestguy »

make for games here with not buy smokes. only we drinks buyed for play with smoke we buyed barneys. good for stayed for smokes on big space.
puffpuffgive

Post by puffpuffgive »

23-03-17 The CS is currently undergoing renovations- no pinball machines or anything atm although the shop is technically still open, just one tiny area accessible from some stairs on the street. Pinball tables should be back in 4wks according to the guy there.
ik hou van amsterdam
photography https://www.flickr.com/photos/bananaface1000/
Papi

Post by Papi »

puffpuffgive wrote:23-03-17 The CS is currently undergoing renovations- no pinball machines or anything atm although the shop is technically still open, just one tiny area accessible from some stairs on the street. Pinball tables should be back in 4wks according to the guy there.

Treetop is going to be absolutely devastated.
Edibles on a plane is my middle fucking name
worldcitizen1723

Post by worldcitizen1723 »

Papi wrote:
puffpuffgive wrote:23-03-17 The CS is currently undergoing renovations- no pinball machines or anything atm although the shop is technically still open, just one tiny area accessible from some stairs on the street. Pinball tables should be back in 4wks according to the guy there.

Treetop is going to be absolutely devastated.
oh - I hope that they get some better air circulation in that back room!!!
treetop

Post by treetop »

FFS - it will be touch and go whether they will be open again by 4/19 when I wanted to run a toking/pinball/testing session.
Time to find a replacement......
How much did you produce?
Not_the_monk

Post by Not_the_monk »

Oops, double post
Last edited by Not_the_monk on Fri 15th Apr 2016 07:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Not_the_monk

Post by Not_the_monk »

Still very much out of action as of this afternoon, scaffolding outside and guys working on a whitewashed interior.
la2019

Post by la2019 »

So what's the status of Spirit? Has it reopened? If so, whats it like now?