best place to stay in jamaica

damagedagain

best place to stay in jamaica

Post by damagedagain »

thinking of going to Jamaica next year what the best time of year and best part of the island to stay cheers :mrgreen:

A Leprechaun

Re: best place to stay in jamaica

Post by A Leprechaun »

Heres a decent webpage to start you off,

http://www.frommers.com/destinations/ja ... 20006.html

I stayed in Negril with the reputation of having the best beach,walking down it has a festival feel to it lined with bars cafes and restaurants,other popular places are Montego bay,and Ochos Rios,Negril is about an hour and a half from Montego Bay,In all these places you will have a choice of accommodation from guest house type right up to luxurious All Inclusives [which should not be confused with the ones you may find in Spain etc.]

My tip would be to decide where and what type of accommodation you wish to stay in.We chose Negril simply because of the beach,you will see amazing sunsets along the Beach,it is called 7 mile beach but that actually is'nt correct,we are talking about heading back and will be opting for Negril again.There are other people on this forum who have been so hopefully they will chip in as well.Feel free to ask any questions or even send a pm if you want.
if you cant eat it drink it smoke it or snort it then feck it it mad sweeney
TwoCanucks

Post by TwoCanucks »

Depending on your budget, try secrets st James or secrets wild orchid...it's a slightly less expensive version of sandals for adults 18+.

Bonus is many....only 20 mins transfer from montego bay airport, whereas the other most popular and less expensive are in other side of island and up to two hours from airport.

Also...they are connected hotels on the same resort, so your all inclusive package give access to both hotels...9 bars 10 restaurants, night clubs etc.

You'll be approached to buy weed at the airport a couple times walking to your taxi...I encourage you to wait... the Bell hops at hotel are solid connections as well as the towel hut.

We are going back in late Feb, making it a yearly retreat moving forward.
Amsterdam dreaming.............
damagedagain

Post by damagedagain »

thanks for the info much appreciated mon :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
TwoCanucks

Post by TwoCanucks »

damagedagain wrote:thanks for the info much appreciated mon :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Yeah mon :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Amsterdam dreaming.............
kameeleonkush

Post by kameeleonkush »

http://puregardenresort.net/

Catered to blazers. Not 5 star but if you want a laid back atmosphere and you can blaze anywhere on the resort without recourse.
http://instagram.com/kameeleonkush/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.facebook.com/cal.kiddem" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Weedus

Post by Weedus »

damagedagain wrote:thinking of going to Jamaica next year what the best time of year and best part of the island to stay cheers :mrgreen:

I guess you know Urbanremo/Urbangrower
Look his Jamaica Video !! He was in a Hotel where smoking weed is not even allowed youre encouraged to do it.Hotel owns a own Verdamper Vaporizer standing for People to use with big bowls of Weed ! Hotel Staff is smoking too and you can buy Weed there too,different Strains.

I cant remeber the Name of Hotel just look in his Youtube Channel there he mentioned the Hotels Name in the Video and you can see the Vaporizer and People Smoking ;) Its awesome considering its officialy ilegal there too

Other thing,when you wanna have fun at beach,better rent a Paraglider Ride with a Speedboat then a Jetski.Many Jetski rent guys give you machines which are manipulated to get out after 5 minutes and then they tell you you broke it and want money.And often corrupt Police is included and helps the Guys and you must pay them alot of Money !!
I had such a Problem in Dominican Republic but the Bouncer of our Hotel solved the Problem for me ;) We drunk alot with him in the late Evenings when all other Guest was sleeping,he had a little Knife which looked self made from scrap metal as his only weapon.He invited us to eat with his Family,man this was awesome it was in a real Slum.We had to walk trough thin passages between corrugated sheet huts and in middle of this 1m passage was a open sewer running and little children came and touched my legs (i guess they never saw a white man before:) )On the Way he walked to a Fisherman and bought a totaly fresh Calamari Inkfish
and then his Wife made it with Rice and it was very tasty i eat the whole Plate.
On way back we thought we should make him some present and decided to buy him a real good Knife (cause he was the nightwatch guard and bouncer there and only had this self made knife from crap metall).Unfortuneatly there was no real Knife Shops there so we had to buy him a good Divers Knife from a Watersport Shop but he still was very happy about it ;)
The People was all very friendly but there also alot of People who only want your Money.
Stay away from all Type of People who sell things like "Coconut Drinks" or Woman who make Rasta Hairs and other Guys offering stuff to people at Beach they demand ridicilously high prices even you said 1 Dollar he wants 5 after you took his Stuff

Also at Airport are People who seems like they would belong to your Travel Company and they try to take your Bags and Stuff.
They dont belong to Travel Company and demand high tips after they carried your bag 20 meters !

One thing i had good Experiences with was Motorbike-Taxi.They was mostly fair priced and it was nice to drive on motorbikes in the hot weather ;)
Real Taxis often demanded Prices far too high even for West-European Citys they would be too high.
damagedagain

Post by damagedagain »

thanks a lot for all your help folks much appreciated :mrgreen:
A Leprechaun

Post by A Leprechaun »

One very important tip,and please remember this,take a pen,and when you are handed the customs form on the plane Make Sure You fill in ALL Sections including your return flight details.This will ensure you are not asked to leave the long line at the customs desk to go back and fill it in only to rejoin the queue,I witnessed at least 20-30 people who had to go back to fill in the form properly.
if you cant eat it drink it smoke it or snort it then feck it it mad sweeney
gapie

Post by gapie »

GetHigh,DoStuff&Dont give a FUCK!