Moderator: Balou

joeuk

9 /11

Post by joeuk »

R I P condolonces and thoughts go out to all afected

Marco

Post by Marco »

Thanks.

I was living in Washington, DC at the time. Working in Georgetown, we could see smoke coming from the Virginia side of the river.

My then fiance (now wife) was working one block from the White House. Her building was evacuated by some special police soldiers in full gear. I was able to get one quick phone call to her before the lines went down and we agreed to meet at a friends place uptown. It took us both 2 hours to get there, walking.

At the time we were living in Virginia, right near the Pentagon. That evening we took the subway to Virginia (all bridges to and from DC closed) and got my motorcycle ready to go (I wanted to be able to get out quickly if anything else happened).

That night we rode my motorcycle by the Pentagon and were able to watch it burn. Crazy.

It would be nice to keep this post free of 9-11 conspiracy theories.....i do not know what happened that day, but for those of us who lived through it in DC and NYC, it was 1000% real and absolutely terrifying.

Peace
Cisco

Post by Cisco »

Yeah respect to all , i was living in Florence , Italy at the time and my good friend was from NY , NY . To say it affected him is an understatement he worked at the WTC before going travelling so he had friends in the building , he travelled home the week after .

My thoughts go out to all affected
-
codejd

Post by codejd »

i was on a plane from Schiphol which departed about an hour late leaving us in limbo as we attempted to enter US airspace...didn't quite make it...Canada was beautiful though for 3 days... :roll: :D
Donkey smell.
Marco

Post by Marco »

codejd wrote:i was on a plane from Schiphol which departed about an hour late leaving us in limbo as we attempted to enter US airspace...didn't quite make it...Canada was beautiful though for 3 days... :roll: :D
What did they tell you on the plane?
Dimon

Post by Dimon »

I was across the river in Brookline,could see from near that warehouse were i worked how the buildings were burning,well they were like two candles...ahd later on i went with my boss to deliver our staff to the stores in Brookline and it start "snowing" ash.Later at night i was sleeping with windows open and it really smells smokey well more like "baked".I went to Manhattan as soon it became open and went to see the ground zero,it was sad because it was really nice area of Manhattan and now it was all closed
H
cantona7
Location: Seattle- trips to the 'dam, 7 by the time i caught up with freedom i was out of breathe

Post by cantona7 »

i was only 17 at the time. i remember waking up at about 6 am my time and my dad waking me up to check out the tv. i remember watching the horrors live and seeing the first tower fall liv and knowing that at that instant thousands died. it also hit me because my mom was a flight attendant for united airlines for years and had only retired a year before. that flight in Pennsylvania or the one that hit the tower could have been her and i remember feeling sick when i thought this. awful day regardless as to why it happened. doubt we'll ever catch bin laden.
educating myself and waiting for the next trip.
instagram @shooter_mcdabbin
colinzeal

Post by colinzeal »

The day the 21st Century started, hard to believe its nine years now.

I was at home recovering from a lengthy hospital stay so unlike a lot of my friends I was sitting around watching daytime tv, as a result i saw the second impact live, something so surreal about those moments, hard to believe.

A friend of mine was on his way to work at the WTC. He got caught up in the collapse, people around him died, his account was truly chilling.

All those conspiracy theories are offensive, damaging and frankly moronic. Their very existence and acceptance (by some) says something scary about human nature imo.
Last edited by colinzeal on Sat 11th Sep 2010 09:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cantona7
Location: Seattle- trips to the 'dam, 7 by the time i caught up with freedom i was out of breathe

Post by cantona7 »

colinzeal wrote:The day the 21st Century started, hard to believe its nine years now.

I was at home recovering from a lengthy hospital stay so unlike a lot of my friends I was sitting around watching daytime tv, as a result i saw the second impact live, something so surreal about those moments, hard to believe.

A friend of mine was on his way to work at the WTC. He got caught up in the collapse, people around him died, his account was truly chilling.

All those conspiracy theories are offensive, damaging and frankly moronic. There very existence and acceptance (by some) says something scary about human nature imo.

i agree collin.

i just hope it never happens again/. people like this jackass in florida arent helping matters.

i was reading somewhere that their original plan was to hit multiple cities. one of which was my own city. the planned to run a plane into the columbia center

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Columbia_Center
educating myself and waiting for the next trip.
instagram @shooter_mcdabbin
spidergawd

Post by spidergawd »

I've never been able to put into words my thoughts about 9/11, I guess its just too complex.
Bruce Springsteen wrote the album The Rising to articulate his feelings, and they are superb songs. One in particular which puts a tear in my eye is Worlds Apart.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcAIbWvefoE
What a long strange trip it is.
Boner

Post by Boner »

My thoughts not only go to the families that lost people on 9/11 but also to the innocent men, women & children who are dying in Afghanistan as a result of it.
Being pedantic and knobbish since 1972
hestia

Post by hestia »

My neice B. was working at the Pentagon on 9/11 .Thankfully she was on the other side when the plane hit so she wasn't hurt, she got her people together and got them out of the building and to a safer area .Then she went back to help with the wounded ( nurse)It's been 9 years now and she still can't speak of it without tears. I love you B. You're my hero. :) :)
cattales1960

Post by cattales1960 »

hestia wrote:My neice B. was working at the Pentagon on 9/11 .Thankfully she was on the other side when the plane hit so she wasn't hurt, she got her people together and got them out of the building and to a safer area .Then she went back to help with the wounded ( nurse)It's been 9 years now and she still can't speak of it without tears. I love you B. You're my hero. :) :)
wow hes. my heart goes out to her.
I need a miracle everyday
cattales1960

Post by cattales1960 »

Boner wrote:My thoughts not only go to the families that lost people on 9/11 but also to the innocent men, women & children who are dying in Afghanistan as a result of it.
and to think if Bush would of kept his focus on there we might have been done with it now.
I need a miracle everyday
chichi

Post by chichi »

I saw the second one hit live here by Chicago. This is kinda funny I ended up in the grade schools principals office at one early point. We watched on his tv. He convinced me to leave my boys at school and I walked home. Had 2 loved ones working and/or living downtown and man I couldn't wait for them to get their asses out of Chicago. I paced and cried and rocked and lost my mind for a bit. The phones went down.
Dang. I saw the live footage of people jumping out the towers.

One of my kids was in college right north downtown. He didn't answer...didn't asnwer. Little shit slept thru the whole morning duh. Got up at noon going wtf?