Do you believe in Aliens ?

Yes, they have always been here
63%
It is possible, but very unlikely
38%

Total votes: 32

murphyscafe

Post by murphyscafe »

its out there! BUT.......if u came n seen what we r like would u come say hi??????

...i DEFINATLY wouldnt!!!!!

on a side note, funny how the uk gov has released all data on ufo's n said we cannot say if its a true or not..........mmmmm funny that, maybe somin on the horizon?!?!

just my 2 cents

----------------
"Toke on John"
Iko

Post by Iko »

HasAnyoneSeenMyPipe wrote:I believe in intelligent alien life in the universe but I do not believe they are here watching us like something from the x-files, the power needed and the distances involved are just to great to get to a nearby star, maybe in a few hundred years time it will be all Star Trek n stuff. .
`
I understand your point but we are judging distances and time by todays standards of science.
Can you imagine 600 years ago trying to explain that traveling England to China is not really that far?
It would of taken them many years to travel that distance, where it takes us hours.
Just as you could not explain a jet engine to someone from the 1400s, an advanced alien species vehichle could be many times more incomprehendable to us.
There is a theory that when the native Africans were first visited by slave ships they did not even see the ships sitting in there own harbour.
It was because they had no refrence point in there mind for a man made object so large an advanced; ie it was so alien that there minds blocked it out from there vision all together.
Once In A while You Get Shown The Light
TRANCE

Post by TRANCE »

Something is out there for sure, I say this as I've seen, along with other witnesses including my dad at the time, 3 blatant and very extraordinary UFO events back when I was a teenager. I can honestly assure you and have no reason to make this up, what we saw was not man made technology, absolutely no way. I'm not saying that I actually believe in little green men, however something is seriously going on and has been for years, but no idea what. (I wrote a long report about this experience in this forum not so long ago) So I voted yes.
MY AMSTERDAM MAP = www.amsterdamer.supanet.com
Ash333

Post by Ash333 »

Iko wrote:
Trad wrote:No disrespect to anyone....BUT, I find it fairly improbable that we are the only planet in this vast universe that has produced life and to believe that said life has not progressed to an intelligence level equal to or beyond ours is just plain arrogance..as a race that is, no personal insult implied or intended..... 8)

A religious sidebar....If God is the creator of the Universe, should one expect to meet aliens in heaven/hell? :shock:

Mathamatics says it is impossible that we are alone.
As you cannot even spell the word, I doubt you are in a position to understand mathematics.
No Victim? No Crime.
HasAnyoneSeenMyPipe

Post by HasAnyoneSeenMyPipe »

Iko wrote:
HasAnyoneSeenMyPipe wrote:I believe in intelligent alien life in the universe but I do not believe they are here watching us like something from the x-files, the power needed and the distances involved are just to great to get to a nearby star, maybe in a few hundred years time it will be all Star Trek n stuff. .
`
I understand your point but we are judging distances and time by todays standards of science.
Can you imagine 600 years ago trying to explain that traveling England to China is not really that far?
It would of taken them many years to travel that distance, where it takes us hours.
Just as you could not explain a jet engine to someone from the 1400s, an advanced alien species vehichle could be many times more incomprehendable to us.
There is a theory that when the native Africans were first visited by slave ships they did not even see the ships sitting in there own harbour.
It was because they had no refrence point in there mind for a man made object so large an advanced; ie it was so alien that there minds blocked it out from there vision all together.
Good point but when I think of the vastness of the galaxy it is hard to see how we will ever explore any of it, we would need an astronomical jump in propulsion technology or develop a way to fold space/open a wormhole, I do hope I am wrong thought, the thought of interstellar travel is mind boggling and just awe inspiring in terms of opportunities for mankind.
Iko

Post by Iko »

Ash333 wrote:
Iko wrote:
Trad wrote:No disrespect to anyone....BUT, I find it fairly improbable that we are the only planet in this vast universe that has produced life and to believe that said life has not progressed to an intelligence level equal to or beyond ours is just plain arrogance..as a race that is, no personal insult implied or intended..... 8)

A religious sidebar....If God is the creator of the Universe, should one expect to meet aliens in heaven/hell? :shock:

Mathamatics says it is impossible that we are alone.
As you cannot even spell the word, I doubt you are in a position to understand mathematics.
Ash, is it hard to type with a cock in your ass ?
DC

Post by DC »

lol Is that an insult, a question, a proprosition or are you just being 'curious'?. :shock:

Anyway.
in terms of opportunities for mankind.
The best opportunity it offers is survival because sooner or later something big and chunky is gonna come along and sterilize this rock we're all sitting on. If, the human race hasn't already killed itself by then and is still just sitting here when it happens, well, it's self explanitory innit. Wormholes, folding space and even light speed travel are all just a Pandoras box of theories. Considering one of the biggest problems with just going to Mars is not getting frazzled by solar flares, an astronomical jump in sheet material technology would give our own space race a bigger boost. I think it's nieve not to believe there's life somewhere else in the Universe, though I also think it's nieve to believe we've seen it in the form of UFOs. How fast does yer normal UFO travel at...0mph-Mach 10+ in 1 second with an interstellar (universal body dodging) cruising top end of just under the speed of light?. With this type of technology they skoot about the galaxy anywhere they want. When they get here, what do they do.....Graffiti wheat fields, move big rocks, nick parts of cows, nick weird rednecks, anal probe whatever they get their scaly 3 fingered hands on before flying around the sky for everybody (without a steady hand or decent camera) to see!...It doesn't add up, they're so advanced and travel a very long way just to get on like medical students on the beer. If they can travel faster than light, then it wouldn't take them this long to work out we're just a bunch of advanced monkeys destroying our own planet. If they can't travel faster than light then a whole armada of flag waving aliens could be on their way from the Galaxy in Pauli's link, but even if they started on their voyage 12 billion years ago it'll still be more than a billion years before anybody sees it. Travelling across the universe and landing on something as small as the Earth while the human race has been around, must be similar to skydiving through a custard tornado while trying to thread a needle with boxing gloves on. Any other explanation requires a starwars angle, in which case.... we get owned. :?
LadyJane

Post by LadyJane »

I think there are definitely other forms of intelligent life on other planets, but I think they are much too far away for us to ever find with our current means of space travel. The universe is so, so huge with billions of stars, each star at various stages in their life, we're just lucky ours still has quite a bit of time left.

I think it's both fascinating and scary that one day everything that we have built on this planet will one day cease to exist, whether due to the death of our sun, or the collision of our galaxy with another whichever comes first. I guess there is some peace in knowing that we will all be distant memories by the time either of those things happen.

So I imagine that we are quite insignificant in the grand scale of things, and there have probably been other beings and civilizations that have existed, exist now, and will probably continue to exist long before and after us. We've only been on this planet for about 200,000 years, and yet our galaxy is about 13 billion years old.
bleak

Post by bleak »

There is definitely something up there. I'm not sure whether they are controlled by extra terrestrials, or if the objects are man-made, but there IS something being hidden from the general public.

I could type pages and pages about this, but here isn't the place. I can't be bothered dealing with the tin foil hat brigade, so I'm not going to waste energy on it.

Heres a good video (recommend skipping the first 5 mins)
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 5260900218#
doobydave

Post by doobydave »

It's quite funny how many self-confessed, open-minded people absolutely refuse to examine any evidence that could contradict their beliefs about this subject.

It's almost as if they are waiting to be told by The Government before their opinions will budge.

WTF is a mass hallucination anyway?
Kingdoc

Post by Kingdoc »

doobydave wrote:It's quite funny how many self-confessed, open-minded people absolutely refuse to examine any evidence that could contradict their beliefs about this subject.

It's almost as if they are waiting to be told by The Government before their opinions will budge.

WTF is a mass hallucination anyway?

If god made mankind well who made him?,Ps does anyone watch UFO hunters? ive watched them all & there mostly good,KD.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGOopaxooWs
Colina

Post by Colina »

while surfing i found that right now. it fits this tread!

http://funnyzela.com/aliens-they-are-everywhere/

:shock: :roll: 8) :oops:
HOLLAND
Hope Our Love Lasts And Never Dies
Iko

Re: Do you believe in Aliens ?

Post by Iko »

ALOT of crazy UFO sightings made the mainstream media this summer.
More than i have ever seen, even Fox News has lead off with a UFO sighting recently.
I really think something is up ( no pun intended ) and maybe they are saying there goodbyes before 2012 :cry: .

CNN -1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uMh3VibRps

CNN -2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MaG-G2XNF8Y
ed the head
Location: New Amsterdam of my mind and of my making. Trips:3, Haj:14

Post by ed the head »

Iko wrote:Been alot of "sightings" in North America this fall.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEtTl9cGrJc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4E_oltD4bc
I am starting to believe that there actually may be something to this 2012 stuff.
Many are of the opinion that some great change is on the horizon and that possibly the aliens are here for the show, or somehow conected to it all.
Even the United Nations apointed a embassador for first contact last month
http://www.mnn.com/earth-matters/space/ ... ed-nations
Any thoughts on the subject ?
Given the number of galaxies, and stars withing galaxies, it is a mathematical impossibility that there is no other intelligent life out there. In the big picture, our technology is likely relatively primative as we only mastered flight 100 years ago. We are also egocentric and arogant and thus believe that because spanning the vast distance between star systems is beyond us it must also be beyond others. It may well be that we are so relatively primative that we have nothing to offer.

There has been a few of times when for a brief time I was convinced I was looking at a UFO. Twice, my mind was tricked and after I moment I identified what the object really was (once it was a Cessna with scrawl lights installed in its wings, the second time a ring of street lights atop a fog shrouded pole). However, once I saw an unexplainable sight based on my experience. A bright stationary 'star' very suddenly shot off out of sight, way too rapidly to be explained by known phenomena.

I think it is likely that there is more advanced intelligent life even within our 'near' galactic neighborhood of the Orion Belt. Back to the original point, with 100's of millions of stars it seems inevitable.
He who tries to shine dims his own light
ed the head
Location: New Amsterdam of my mind and of my making. Trips:3, Haj:14

Post by ed the head »

ed the head wrote:Back to the original point, with 100's of millions of stars it seems inevitable.
Still, I didn't register a vote to the poll based on its phrasing. I am pretty certain there are myriads of other planets with intelligent life, I am not convinced they would bother coming here even if they could.
He who tries to shine dims his own light