Does any one else not have a tv?

Anything else.

Moderator: Balou

CHELSEA_SMOKERS_SOCIETY

Does any one else not have a tv?

Post by CHELSEA_SMOKERS_SOCIETY »

Just wondering, people at work think im mad, friends think its cool but wouldnt want to do it..... Does any one else not own or watch tv?

Trips to the 'dam: 27
Sir Niall of Essex-sire

Re: Does any one else not have a tv?

Post by Sir Niall of Essex-sire »

If i didn't have a T.V i'd have to listen to the Miss's more.
Defeating evil with a thing called love
USbongLord

Post by USbongLord »

i have six...one for x box one for ps3 one for wiii all up on the walls and out of the way...doesnt it cost money to own a tv in england?...and no yer not strange,,ya have a puter and it does everything a tv has
rockin into the night
guessnot

Post by guessnot »

Hahah, don't worry, you're not the only weirdo out there. I don't own a tv, don't watch any and haven't own one in God knows how long. The only time I think about TV is when my internet is down, lol :D We have one in England, but we haven't paid our tv license, to it just stays off right there in the middle of the living-room. I, myself, prefer my computer, there's a lot more range to what you can see. I just miss the remote control, though, they should make remotes for computers, especially late in the evening when one is dozing off in front of it :D
Intelligence is not a science.
Boner

Post by Boner »

USBONGLORD wrote:doesnt it cost money to own a tv in england?
Yeah we have to have a tv license, this funds the BBC so it's only like paying a subscription the only differance is you dont have a choice if you want to pay it or not (well you do but it'll cost you loads in fines if you dont pay it).

guessnot, I use my mouse as my remote, if you watch anything from the BBC on your pc you're supposed to pay for your license as well.
Being pedantic and knobbish since 1972
Dava

Post by Dava »

Boner wrote:
Yeah we have to have a tv license, this funds the BBC so it's only like paying a subscription the only differance is you dont have a choice if you want to pay it or not (well you do but it'll cost you loads in fines if you dont pay it).

guessnot, I use my mouse as my remote, if you watch anything from the BBC on your pc you're supposed to pay for your license as well.

yeah but it is also advert-free, in america i swear they have adverts every 10 minutes! did my box in when i was watching tv!!
Boner

Post by Boner »

I didn't mean for it to sound like I was bothered about paying for the BBC, I love the beeb.
Taylor

Post by Taylor »

In the UK there is roughly an advert every 15 minuted. In the USA (from personal experience) it is roughly every 8-10 mins
dpgsoulja89

Post by dpgsoulja89 »

Boner wrote:

we too have to have a tv license but knowone really has one,there are people in court everyweek for not buying a tv license.the most they can do is send you to "holliday resort"for an hour then back home.
next trip...1st December!
soapy

Post by soapy »

we too have to have a tv license but knowone really has one,there are people in court everyweek for not buying a tv license.the most they can do is send you to "holliday resort"for an hour then back home.[/quote]

:mrgreen: ya gotta love the irish justice system god love them :lol: :lol: :lol:
To be old and wise,You must first have to be Young and Stupid....
DanFromUk

Post by DanFromUk »

Boner wrote:

WTF I watch bbc i player on ps3 and online on pc, and you say your meant to pay seperately to have a licence to watch content....
Hunting for crystals
Boner

Post by Boner »

No your current license covers the iPlayer, if you only watched it online (as in not having a tv) you're still supposed to have a tv license.
DazedandConfusedinOR

Post by DazedandConfusedinOR »

I have a TV, but no cable. I have an HD antenna that gets me about 17 channels in HD, plus I have Hulu Plus that I pay 7.99 a month for and gives me access to thousands of TV episodes. I also watch a lot of sports on ESPN3. I'd probably commit suicide without a TV.
Roccy Tittzenbeer

Post by Roccy Tittzenbeer »

I don't have a TV, I gave both them away a couple of years back. Don't miss it at all and have found plenty of other new things to do plus rekindled interests I had pushed aside years ago.
Still got a door knock from the TV licencing 'intimidation' person a few months back who I gleefully sent packing, "Can I have a look around your house to check?" and all that stuff "No and goodbye, please leave my property you are an uninvited visitor and trespassing" - door closes - grrr! :evil:
First visit October 1976 last visit still to come ....
Adamster

Post by Adamster »

Grew up whit no TV only got a TV when friend told me about FTA TV :shock: Add over 5000 chanel think not i was on same channel more then 15sec just clicking away :shock:
all that came to an end :roll: got a 52inc TV whit no cable SUCK! and i got addicted to the f..ing 50000 chanels :( miss clicking away 24/7 now stuck whit you guys :twisted: