Does any one else not have a tv?

Anything else.

Moderator: Balou

Kermit

Re: Does any one else not have a tv?

Post by Kermit »

^EDIT... this post has been removed to prevent insult to a small minority of people floating around on a lump of ICE that technically is the U.S, stolen by france who then said fuck this shit hole lets go home..... :wink: :lol:^

Kermit

Post by Kermit »

ON TOPIC...

I had no TV from the Age of 16-21 but tbh it would not have mattered anyway as i also had no home to put the fucker in anyway :shock: :shock:
Adamster

Post by Adamster »

Kermit wrote:^EDIT... this post has been removed to prevent insult to a small minority of people floating around on a lump of ICE that technically is the U.S, stolen by france who then said fuck this shit hole lets go home..... :wink: :lol:^
technically! we beat the fuck out of then in 1912-1813 war ;) and it didnt become USA :O
..but again whom burned the white house? Oh Canadians and YES french ones! stole from england think NOT! just like any other war the french english went at it ended the same way them this war of land ;) remember also that more then 1/2 of the state WAS french land till they sold it to them,and who help to beat the fuck out of you ppl in the states? LES FRANCAIS :O so Kermit got back to your pond full of miss piggys shitzel...
Kermit wrote:ON TOPIC...

I had no TV from the Age of 16-21 but tbh it would not have mattered anyway as i also had no home to put the fucker in anyway :shock: :shock:
poor Frog! you could of ended up like froger getting hit by a car ;) i was once homeless also and was caused by the white men ...but white mens gouvernment gave me 5000 one big check then 1500$ a month for putting me on the street far fare away from my ice patch ;) where i got drunk high low in the big Jungle (city) yellow men never seen big metalic tree b4... so many ppl getting high on sugar fat and junk food...
Dave J

Post by Dave J »

If I recall correctly ANY piece of electronic equipment in the UK thats capable of receiving\displaying a tv signal (weather it currently has a tuner in or not) is liable for a tv licence. This therefor also includes pc monitors and other display screens and many portable devices thats capable of having a tuner (freeview, usb freeview sat receiver etc) device connected to it.

Strictly speaking I could live without a tv as long as I can get a big 50" display screen. If that does not have a tv tuner and I connect a dvd player to it would that count as not having a tv?.
cantona7
Location: Seattle- trips to the 'dam, 7 by the time i caught up with freedom i was out of breathe

Post by cantona7 »

Dava wrote:
Boner wrote:
USBONGLORD wrote:doesnt it cost money to own a tv in england?
Yeah we have to have a tv license, this funds the BBC so it's only like paying a subscription the only differance is you dont have a choice if you want to pay it or not (well you do but it'll cost you loads in fines if you dont pay it).

guessnot, I use my mouse as my remote, if you watch anything from the BBC on your pc you're supposed to pay for your license as well.

yeah but it is also advert-free, in america i swear they have adverts every 10 minutes! did my box in when i was watching tv!!

dunno if your talking just bbc but i actually notice more advertisments in the uk than the tv i get here on comcast here in seattle for the most part.

for the op's ? though. i own a tv. don't find myself watching much these days though aside from sports. no many good sitcoms on these days. don't find myself playing many video games these days either. anyone whos got me on xbox live here can probably agree to that.
educating myself and waiting for the next trip.
instagram @shooter_mcdabbin
Dave J

Post by Dave J »

And is'nt it all relative when you can also argue I dont watch TV yet prehaps watch the exact same content on or via dvd weather that be on a big lcd\plasma screen via dvd or on you pc monitor?.

I think the phrase or wording of "TV" is pretty much outdated in the modern age of electronics. As it wont be long before a BBC I-player capable receiving smart phone is liable for a tv licence if not allready. By the way, how many people (UK) dont realise that there is NO leglistation or law that states the licence fee is exclusive to the BBC!?. In fact has it not been mentioned (against the BBC's wishes) that a percentage of the licence fee is to go to regional programming for news etc for ITV and other channels?.

And as for advertising was it not Sky TV (sat providor) that pretty much forced through a 3 add break per 1 hour program in the UK that later became standard practise?. AS after Sky started that ITV lobbied to be alowed to do the same for many years.

Cutting down 1 hour of tv to as little at 42 minutes of actual program, no wander so many prefer to use digital recording, download or simply wait for the dvd release with exclusive content these days. I gather networks in the UK want to cut advertising during films from the current 30 mins to 20 mins now to!!!. Just watch the ratings for films go even lower if they do!!!.

So can I live without tv, the way things are going yes.