Amsterdam Coffeeshops Rated

Anything else.

Moderator: Balou

Mr Oranje

Amsterdam Coffeeshops Rated

Post by Mr Oranje »

Hey Everyone,

Just a little thread to let everyone know that we have upgraded the site. We have rated 40 different coffeeshops with pictures and summaries. I shall put a brief summary in each of the individual coffeeshop threads so that you can see them.

If you have any suggestions of notice any mistakes please don't hesitate to say and we will thank you very much.

The site is: Coffeeshop Rated

Also we have a facebook page so if you like the site then push our button for us :)

Facebook Group

Cheers for your time peeps. x

Mr Oranje.
Last edited by Mr Oranje on Sat 13th Aug 2011 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

http://www.CoffeeshopsRated.com - We have rated over 50 Coffeeshops now!!
winnie

Re: Amsterdam Coffeeshops Rated

Post by winnie »

Boner

Post by Boner »

The original and best, no need for any cheap copies. ;)
Being pedantic and knobbish since 1972
Mr Oranje

Post by Mr Oranje »

Haha I know we have been members for a long time and used this site to help us. We have ranked each coffeeshop on 13 different things which we think most people want from a coffeeshop and hopefully that will guide people to see their favourite places.

Giving it a go at least to try and see if we can complete a review of every coffeeshop in Amsterdam, has anyone ever done that I wonder?

Show your support guys at least I'm trying to promote the green :) :twisted:

Mr Oranje
winnie

Post by winnie »

Mr Oranje... your link, at least for me, doesn't link so it's not possible to see your site
Mr Oranje

Post by Mr Oranje »

winnie wrote:Mr Oranje... your link, at least for me, doesn't link so it's not possible to see your site

Haha thats not a good start. I have corrected that problem thanks for reporting.
USbongLord

Post by USbongLord »

bulldog rockhole?..no basjoe?..no voyagers?..whaaaaaaaa???????? :shock:
rockin into the night
redeyezman

Post by redeyezman »

The ACD forum is great even if it is starting to show it's age as far as website design goes. I will say right of the baT the first thing I noticed is your word usage on the About page you use the word drug over and over. I think this should be replaced with cannabis or something signifying your talking about cannabis and not actual drugs.

Otherwise the design is fairly modern and well laid out. Now you just need a decade of content.
Shells sink. Dreams float.
Iko

Post by Iko »

Your site needs up to date menus, and more about what each place has to offer ; ie Terminator, ice hashes, house strains, specials on bulk buys or specials on specific days etc.
Once In A while You Get Shown The Light
StonedSince67

Post by StonedSince67 »

Mr Oranje wrote:Just a little thread to let everyone know that we have upgraded the site. We have rated 40 different coffeeshops with pictures and summaries. I shall put a brief summary in each of the individual coffeeshop threads so that you can see them.
what ??? again ???
Mr Oranje wrote:If you have any suggestions of notice any mistakes please don't hesitate to say and we will thank you very much.
well i have a few comments ...

once again you are trying to promote your website off the back of the acd website instead of contributing directly to the acd website

in other words, you are trying to get something from the acd website instead of trying to give something to it

back in May of 2009 you posted in one giant batch of posts a whole slew of partial coffeeshop reviews with the invitation to vist your website for the rest of the reviews

i am sure you remember ... others can catch up at https://www.coffeeshopdirect.com/forum/viewt ... =10&t=9209

your only other direct contribution to the acd website was to create a number of game threads eg one word game ... fun for some but nothing to do with weed/shop/price/effect which is the main reason we are all here on our acd website

finally i smoke weed or hash when in amsterdam, not drugs
Boner

Post by Boner »

I think Mr Orange should get permission from Lemming to promote his website here, that would be the decent way of doing things..
Being pedantic and knobbish since 1972
Mr Oranje

Post by Mr Oranje »

redeyezman wrote:The ACD forum is great even if it is starting to show it's age as far as website design goes. I will say right of the baT the first thing I noticed is your word usage on the About page you use the word drug over and over. I think this should be replaced with cannabis or something signifying your talking about cannabis and not actual drugs.

Otherwise the design is fairly modern and well laid out. Now you just need a decade of content.
Thank you for your comments, I agree this forum is great.

We don't have a decade of content but we do have a decade of experience in going there :)
Mr Oranje

Post by Mr Oranje »

StonedSince'67 wrote:
Mr Oranje wrote:Just a little thread to let everyone know that we have upgraded the site. We have rated 40 different coffeeshops with pictures and summaries. I shall put a brief summary in each of the individual coffeeshop threads so that you can see them.
what ??? again ???
Mr Oranje wrote:If you have any suggestions of notice any mistakes please don't hesitate to say and we will thank you very much.
well i have a few comments ...

once again you are trying to promote your website off the back of the acd website instead of contributing directly to the acd website

in other words, you are trying to get something from the acd website instead of trying to give something to it

back in May of 2009 you posted in one giant batch of posts a whole slew of partial coffeeshop reviews with the invitation to vist your website for the rest of the reviews

i am sure you remember ... others can catch up at https://www.coffeeshopdirect.com/forum/viewt ... =10&t=9209

your only other direct contribution to the acd website was to create a number of game threads eg one word game ... fun for some but nothing to do with weed/shop/price/effect which is the main reason we are all here on our acd website

finally i smoke weed or hash when in amsterdam, not drugs

Well arn't you just a glass of half empty kind of guy. Pessimism aside, I shall reply to your message with decency at least while one of us still has it.

Again? Yes again! I have taken on board a lot of things which people from the ACD have advised me to do from the original time I started this project. These are the people that I admire and aim this thread too, who are willing to take their time to help others in the community and not the people who are negative, throwing false opinated accusations around. May I remind you this is a friendly forum and has people from all over the world who are interested in spreading the word and helping others.

The only thing I seek is advice, the only way I try to profit from this is in gaining knowledge. Which I thank the people who have commented and helped over the years.

Thank you for reminding me that the word Drug is a term for both Weed and Hash. I shall go through and edit my literature on the site a little better.

Thank you for your time and opinions,

Mr Oranje.
Mr Oranje

Post by Mr Oranje »

Boner wrote:I think Mr Orange should get permission from Lemming to promote his website here, that would be the decent way of doing things..
The decent way of things was done the original time I posted this. I have sent a message to Lemming regarding this and await his decision. I do not mind taking this down as I mean no disrespect.
StonedSince67

Post by StonedSince67 »

Mr Oranje wrote:The only thing I seek is advice, the only way I try to profit from this is in gaining knowledge. Which I thank the people who have commented and helped over the years.
last night you posted a batch of coffeeshop reviews ... all of these comments were complete within themselves and not an invitation to visit your website ... all of these messages are both acceptable and welcome, they are the sort that people here write all the time to support the acd website

what i object to are the other sort of coffeeshop reviews which are incomplete (indicated by the "..." convention) and which require a click to another website outside of the acd world ... when you do that you are riding piggy-back on the acd website looking for clicks

i have no objection to your original message of this thread which lets everyone know that you have updated your website, the more solid information about amsterdam and netherlands coffeeshops the better, such info helps everyone plan their best trip

there is a page within the acd website that promotes other coffeeshop guide websites, it may be found at Links: Web Guides

i would support the addition of your website to this list, i would support you starting threads and posting messages about news of improvements to your website, and i would be happy for you to have a message signature letting people know about your website

the one and only thing i am not happy about is posting messages that require a user to click a link to another website to be able to finish reading a message posted to the acd forum

if you give the acd website and forum the benefit of your experience and provide up-to-date timely posts with loads of information, then we will all benefit from your participation