Irene

Anything else.

Moderator: Balou

winnie

Irene

Post by winnie »

thinking of y'all on the east US coast... be safe and log in now and again to let us know how you're doing

USbongLord

Re: Irene

Post by USbongLord »

gonna flood 12 feet over normal..thats how im doing ...alot of bad things are about to happen im afraid to say...starting to rain now...mason jars rock as the humidity is 100 percent and rising...got 4 wet vacs and 2 giant water pumps and a 8500 watt generator for when the power fails...its not gonna be anywhere near enough...operation floating greenhouse is in effect :cry:
rockin into the night
artymac

Post by artymac »

I saw the reporting of this on the news guys and girls out there and you only get the impact when people who post let you know how it's effecting them. Hope everyone will be OK and keep your eyes and ears open for any emergency information that could help you.
"Bonglord" it looks as though you're using all at your disposal to get you through a tricky next few hours ..... remember the most important thing to save is YOU. All the smarts you need to get up and running again are in your head.
Same to all of you out there being battered. Take care, think smart.... :( :(
USbongLord

Post by USbongLord »

thank you...my only problem is that its gonna rain all hell for 18 hours straight...im smokin some ak 48 waiting for it to get going...november is almost here..im gonna be broke with a jar of spoon in amsterdam :mrgreen:
rockin into the night
ftcarer

Post by ftcarer »

been watching some of news about whats expected & :shock: f that
winnie wrote:thinking of y'all on the east US coast... be safe and log in now and again to let us know how you're doing
^^^ :)
Sending out the good vibes to those that need them right now :-)
Iko

Post by Iko »

May as well start getting used to this, mother nature is getting more extreme because of all our pissing about.
I really think we will be seeing this as the norm, not out of the ordinary for the rest of our lives.
Once In A while You Get Shown The Light
redeyezman

Post by redeyezman »

Storm surge is down to 8 foot max. Unplug it all and turn them into hanging baskets! Nice rope from the hangers? Three holes equally spaced.
Shells sink. Dreams float.
Twichaldinho

Post by Twichaldinho »

Wishing all the East Coast ACDers all the best man...Shit looks real on the TeeVee. Stay Safe.
Endure
ftcarer

Post by ftcarer »

Well I posted up agreeing with winnie , without remembering (f'ing stoner) that ProffessorX & my sister have just spent the last wk in NY :roll: :lol: luckily they managed to change their flight to an earlier 1 & got put on 1 of the last flights out before they were cancelled :) ( just been told this by my mum so if any of it's wrong , let me know Proff X )
Edited to add that if they were stuck there , they were over to visit Proff's Dad's family so would have been well looked after :)
Sending out the good vibes to those that need them right now :-)
chillers2

Post by chillers2 »

hoping you are all ok over there ????????????????
just chilling .....
cattales1960

Post by cattales1960 »

Bonglord, I hope its all ok for you. I seen the big swirl of storm over your state on the news. ALso they note this morning that FEMA is running out of money, this all while the fat congress and senate sit on their duffs and fight about how to correct this country while collecting their bigass paychecks. This country need a revolution. ALso IKO you are totally correct, this shit will be the norm.
I need a miracle everyday
bb420

Post by bb420 »

I live less than 1/4 mile from the shore in W. Haven, CT and never lost power or cable during the storm, yet a lot of people I work with are still without power and water in towns around the area. Plenty of the school systems in the state are still not holding classes as the cleanup continues.
The local paper had some interesting pictures from E. Haven today:
http://www.newhavenregister.com/article ... 030559.txt
http://www.newhavenregister.com/article ... 311682.txt
I especially like the message on the garage door.
Looks like Vermont actually got hit harder than we did with some towns being completely cutoff after their roads all washed away.
A little rebellion now and then is a good thing.
Cisco

Post by Cisco »

Hope young Rasa is ok !! Anyone heard fi him ?
-
cattales1960

Post by cattales1960 »

Cisco wrote:Hope young Rasa is ok !! Anyone heard fi him ?
I was wondering that also cisco till I seen his message on facebook about leaving for San Francisco today. He is all excited so I think things must be ok where he is.
I need a miracle everyday