Prague

Anything else.

Moderator: Balou

Boner

Prague

Post by Boner »

Looks like we're off to Prague in Feb, did a search so I know whats been written, any touristy type things to do or anything else, any nice clean cheap(ish) places to stay/eat/drink?

TIA.

Being pedantic and knobbish since 1972
tuttiflutes

Re: Prague

Post by tuttiflutes »

Best Opera, and chamber music in the world....

tutti
May you shit rise up & KISS you on the face
stints

Post by stints »

if you like beer pivovarsky club is a must! try there own brew stephan!

http://www.gastroinfo.cz/pivoklub/index ... d&lang=eng
Boner

Post by Boner »

Thanks to both of you, the bar looks like my cup of tea, the music not so. ;)
dpgsoulja89

Post by dpgsoulja89 »

Prague is a great spot!id go but i want to get as many dam trips in as possible
but prague has some good weed and most of it comes from holland anyway ,enjoy
next trip...1st December!
Lafe

Post by Lafe »

Boner -

Check out the Bishop's House in Prague. I stayed a couple of years ago.

It's literally at one end of the Bridge, on the castle side. Nice rooms, clean, with a lift.

Breakfast is not the best, but the price is appealing, roughly 50 pounds per night.

Recommended ;-)

Cheers.

http://www.booking.com/hotel/cz/the-bis ... se.en.html
"Laif" with a long "a".
Boner

Post by Boner »

Cheers, looks nice - shall pass it on to the boss. ;)
Colino

Post by Colino »

http://www.ukostela.com/ ...nice and cheap place to eat, in the reaally centre of the city...nice soups for 2 3 euro...you'll need soups in prague, it could be fucking cold
miguel

Post by miguel »

Hi Boner..... I'll also go to Prague on Feb and it's my third time.
Prague it's a beautiful city with a lot of things to do and to visit:
The Castle and Mala Strana
The Petrin
The centre with the astronomical clock
The jewish quartier

To drink in pubs they usually have some Urquell, Gambrinus, Budweiser (the original), Straropramen, ecc... all very good and cheap (usually 30-40 ck for a pint).
In the centre you can also drink some good beer from famous microbrewery... U Fleku has a nice dark beer (a must to visit - I prefer in the afternoon only for a beer cause the restaurant isn't so cheap and special) . Another must to go it's u Medvidku (enter from the gallery and go upstair in the little room to have an Oldgott with some good food - the other rooms of the restaurant has Budweiser)
Outside the centre there are also other microbrewery with their pub and you can also go to the Straropramen visitor centre (it's like heineken in amsterdam) and try their kinds of beer (my fav it's the granat).
Another place is Strahov monastery with the Strahov brewery, their beer and food it's delicious.
Also the Pivovarsky dum.
To eat I usually go to Kolkovna (they have a lot of restaurant in prague, very good with urquell to drink), U medvidku, Strahov, U Pinkasu, U Kocoura.

To have fun Prague it's the perfect city, the pubs, clubs, disco, ecc open 7/7 and usually till late also during the week.
There also some good way to found some good stuff (not in the street) cause in prague it's legal to have and smoke so in many pub you can smoke inside or roll a spliff and go outside to smoke it without any problem. If you need any advice I am here.

To sleep I found Best western Pav very cheap and good (already tested)
Boner

Post by Boner »

Thank you very much miguel, any places you know that sell weed would be nice. ;)
Boner

Post by Boner »

-15 yesterday -13 today - too bloody cold for me, really charming city though, might even come back in may. :!:
alpen rock

Post by alpen rock »

-15 yesterday -13 today - too bloody cold for me, really charming city though, might even come back in may.
lol, I think that cold wave was all over Europe anyways....it went down to -20°C in my neck of the woods :roll: :roll:
Prague is my next place to go.Dirt cheap flights frm my airport, and a cheap city as well.
Been there 2 times before but by car and in winter too, with some mates...sleeping in the car near Karlovy Bridge in late december after our first night and a few absinths (strong stuff!! :mrgreen: ) was fuckin epic!!Had brought loads of stuff last time, I think we crossed about 15 borders (trip through Austria, Slovakia, Hungary, Slovenia, Italy...)Finally got busted with a few leftovers hash & outdoor homegrown at Trieste (IT).The customs just sent me a test report (THC %age) and that was pretty much about it!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

There was also an icy rain episode the day we arrived, the sight of all Praha statues and monuments at night covered with 4 cm of ice and everybody walking like Penguins was something :D :D !!!

Boner, did you get to come across the good stuff in Prague??Read it was pretty easy to score...what's your point?

Thks fr yr answers

++
Boner

Post by Boner »

Never scored, I was told a couple of places but never got round to finding them, the beer is pretty fucking good though...
alpen rock

Post by alpen rock »

Cheers Boner!
I'm not a beer drinker, but I have to admit that I love a fresh pint in these countries (Slovenia has good stuff too, Lasko Pivo is good) goes so well with a steaming goulash and dumplings!!

++