Vintage Stoners in Amsterdam 1983 .... The Movie

Anything else.

Moderator: Balou

Lord Average

Vintage Stoners in Amsterdam 1983 .... The Movie

Post by Lord Average »

1983 was the year of my first trip to Amsterdam, so I am glad to have found this movie on Youtube.

I went out quite a few times in the 1980s and this is pretty much how it was. Hells Angels were very much part of the scene in those days. I also recall it having a real acid vibe to it. Looks like the people have changed more than the streets.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... ymTpFc29Aw#!

Live your life be free
Quazer

Re: Vintage Stoners in Amsterdam 1983 .... The Movie

Post by Quazer »

Wow, this is fucking awesome! :shock:

Thanks for the link Lord Average!
gromit

Post by gromit »

great look back in time ,..thanx,.........wow people look so funny :P
Colino

Post by Colino »

Quazer wrote:Wow, this is fucking awesome! :shock:

Thanks for the link Lord Average!
+1 thanks for posting
Roccy Tittzenbeer

Post by Roccy Tittzenbeer »

Many thanks for sharing this find, there's also another 5 parts to watch which link on to each other.
I thoroughly enjoyed watching and soaking up the atmosphere, talk about a memory jogger, my first trip was 1976 but remember the 80's most.
Knew there were big trees in Dam Square which have been moved on (as at 1:58 in the video) and remember some funny incidents over the years. The best was sitting outside the WildMan Pub (now called the Yip Fellows bar I believe?) next to the Krasnapolsky Hotel. There was a wedding reception in the hotel and the bride had fallen out with the groom and opened the bedroom window a couple of floors up overlooking the square and was throwing flowers, clothes and pressies out. Many of them were landing in the branches of the tree near us.
Needless to say us lads were cheering and egging her on trying to get her to throw us the television!!
The pleading of the groom and wedding party calmed her down after a while and we never got the telly.
One of the lads shinned up the tree and got some souvenir underwear as a keepsake lol.
Could write a story book of notable events over the years.
Also remember the 2 'dealers' who used to hang around the square (at 8:37 - black guy with orange coat and the other one with the hat and moustache) Those 2 were irritating pesterers hanging around peering just over your shoulder psst .... etc. following you around. There were others too but didn't get a glimpse of them on the vid. Pissing in the flower beds around the monument (8:40) not many toilets around in those days but lots of drinking and peeing to be done, these days they have the drop in plastic urinals on busy nights.
The chicks in Amsterdam those days were stunning, there's some fine examples is part 2.
Sorry for the ramble but it stirred me up.
Cheers, RTnB
Goin' to book a flight now on the back of that.
First visit October 1976 last visit still to come ....