Anything else.

Moderator: Balou

benstraat

Icloud

Post by benstraat »

Anyone know anything about it?

I still don't really understand it.

It is online memory?

But say for example photo stream, it makes absolutely no difference, because if you delete a photo off your iphone, it's gone forever anyway, unless you do what I do and upload them onto your computer?

Cisco

Re: Icloud

Post by Cisco »

I'm still clue less myself concerning the iCloud , although the guy at the O2 shop told me I can store photos on the cloud !? Feck knows lol
-
Collector

Post by Collector »

iCloud, much like regular cloud computing services allows you to access bits and pieces from multiple devices, say you've uploaded a load of photos from your iPhone and your on your friends iPad, you can sign in and look at them.

Kind of pointless at the moment but cloud computing in general is pretty useful as you can often have applications linked to your account so if you sign in from another PC you could use your favorite software without downloading and installing it all (but not with iCloud as far as I know but I guess thats something they will add as time goes on)

Edit;Sorry that sounded like a sales pitch
worldcitizen1723

Post by worldcitizen1723 »

I was warned to be careful with iCloud (or any cloud) for non work related info, as it is always traceable. You can delete a picture from your computer, but it will stay on the cloud. Also with music, especially if you have music that you have not "bought" thru the proper channels, it can be traced back to you thru using the cloud... Then you are dealing with piracy laws and have the potential of being sued or worse.

It's ease of use, also makes it a big brother tool.