East coast USA hang on

Anything else.

Moderator: Balou

dpgsoulja89

Re: East coast USA hang on

Post by dpgsoulja89 »

worldcitizen1723 wrote:
dpgsoulja89 wrote:People are really underestimating the power of hurricane sandy.when i wake up 2moro and check the news i can just see downtown manhattan completely flooded
anybody on the east coast go as far inland as you can :!:

What's wrong with canals?

I think we are still in for big winds (90 mph especially in high rises). and rain, but it appears it is gonna hit land around Atlantic city and not New York City .... So we will not have the fearsome direct hit. Let ya know tomorrow.
whats wrong with subways?cause the new york one is completely flooded ,the streets are flooded,no power no transport, a building fell down and half a sky scraper is dangling above the city..yeah thats not bad at all :roll:

next trip...1st December!
worldcitizen1723

Post by worldcitizen1723 »

dpgsoulja89 wrote:
worldcitizen1723 wrote:
dpgsoulja89 wrote:People are really underestimating the power of hurricane sandy.when i wake up 2moro and check the news i can just see downtown manhattan completely flooded
anybody on the east coast go as far inland as you can :!:

What's wrong with canals?

I think we are still in for big winds (90 mph especially in high rises). and rain, but it appears it is gonna hit land around Atlantic city and not New York City .... So we will not have the fearsome direct hit. Let ya know tomorrow.
whats wrong with subways?cause the new york one is completely flooded ,the streets are flooded,no power no transport, a building fell down and half a sky scraper is dangling above the city..yeah thats not bad at all :roll:

Are you here in the city?
Everything around us is much worse than us!! (Yeah the subways got flooded - they'll get pumped out)

Considering what could have happened ,,,,, could have been a hell of a lot worse in the city. There is no sky scraper dangling... There is a building crane dangling. We have had these types of problems without storms. And yeah, one four story building lost it's front wall (kind of like a dollhouse). These things happen periodically in old buildings. Again for us (in the city) it could have been so much worse, it just wasn't. Now the surrounding areas....that's an entirely different story....

Hope everyone is okay!
Willjay

Post by Willjay »

Glad to hear that you are OK worldcitizen1723 :mrgreen:
www.stopthedrugwar.org
www.mpp.org
www.drugpolicy.org
EasilySuede

Post by EasilySuede »

worldcitizen1723 wrote:Hope everyone is okay!
+1 :!:
What a massive bit a craziness this storm's been.
worldcitizen1723

Post by worldcitizen1723 »

Thanks

Well there are two distinct experiences in the city. 1/3 of the city is without electricity due to a transformer fire. High rises and all. They will not be back until maybe Friday. That is rough...we are very lucky just 13 blocks away. Subways are expected back on track in about 5 days.

Still New Jersey, Staten Island and the coastlines were devastated....