Personal weapons

Anything else.

Moderator: Balou

pan4gold49

Personal weapons

Post by pan4gold49 »

Hi Yall!!

Just want to know about the weapons we pack at home and out and about.
We as custom to west where I live we have weapons and protected by smith and wesson. After I saw bear marks on a tree one set I could reach the other I could not we decided to get bigger weapons. We now use 9mm with hollow points this will stop anything. One of the worst days was when I had to give up my uzi and tech 9 to conply with the assult weapons ban. I have had guns all my life and started shoting as soon as I could stand. I know what a topic !!!!

ga

Post by ga »

:(

weapons suck

hope all youre safe...
mazdog

Post by mazdog »

i've got a small baseball bat that i keep just inside my front door.....thats about it.

Was raised in a household where there wer NO guns and i wasn't allowed to have 'toy' guns of any kind.

Not personally opposed to people having guns in general. I do not support a gun ban for handguns and shotguns/rifles.....but assault weapons I can totally agree with. I don't care what anyone says there is no NEED to have an assault rifle unless you are in a warzone.
'enjoy the pain while it lasts' - Dj TRON
cheese

Post by cheese »

lol "protected by the smith and wesson"

its pretty sad when people think they need a gun to be safe....

sorry to say but im glad they banned ur uzi and tek 9.....

i wish they banned all guns.

sorry to burst ur bubble , guns just arent my thing

Post by 711 »

Cheese, go fight a bear totally unarmed, then say that. =P

Actually, say anything. I'd be impressed.
--~~~
pan4gold49

Post by pan4gold49 »

Thanks 711

The places I take gun to are very wild the creatures ther do not fear man.
1. three kinds of bears
the black bear about 400lbs it can climb trees
the brown bear about 600-800 lbs
The grizzly bear about 700-1200 about chest high when on all fours. I know this for a fact because I almost bumped into one and was lucky I scared the bear as bad as i was scared
2. Mountian lions or cougar, Linx , bobcats
3. badgers and wolferine these both don't have a lick fear and will attack

Yes I am happy to have guns

You can have my gun after you take it from my cold dead hand
Lemming
Site Admin

Post by Lemming »

Hope this debate doesn’t become worthy of the Argument Clinic. I guess there’s a cultural divide going on. Here in the UK only dangerous criminals carry guns and most peaceful stoners wouldn’t even contemplate processing such a violent implement. It sounds quite incongruous to see guns discussed so matter-of-factly on a forum like this. Then again, we don’t have many bears here!
Mark_d

Post by Mark_d »

dont see the need for a gun personally, but i live in a different culture to you im sure, as lemming pointed out ( im from the UK)

i can easily see the ban on automatic weapons though! i cant see any need to have one of them to hunt or protect yourself?
Alaskan Biker

Post by Alaskan Biker »

if you even think about using a 9mm hollow point on a bear .......you must have a very agonizing death wish

or is the objective to just simply piss off the bear and get his or her attention
******* World Wide Legal *******
Alaskan Biker

Post by Alaskan Biker »

On behalf of all the gun owning peaceful stoners , gun owning 60's hippies and their gun owning hippie descendants , ex-soldiers and all the rest that make up such a large part of the remote population of the Alaskan and Canadian Frontier.
It is so very good to know that a few on here actually do not think that everyone that owns a gun is a criminal or Hollywood wannabe.
In the Frontier it is just plain common sense that guns are part of our daily life and you will find them in almost every home.
There are also many large wilderness areas in the lower 48 that are just as remote as here and as thinly populated these areas in the 48 are larger than most European countries so just imagine yourselves that far from all help no one on this earth to help you but yourself and your dog if you have one.
Before my health made me move near a road a few miles outside of a little town I use to live so far out that the nearest emergency help of any kind was usually around 2 hours by air from the time you contacted them that is if you had a way to contact them.

So please remember the whole world is not like where you may live or the problem simply like you see on TV with the subject of gun ownership LOCATION is important to consider.
******* World Wide Legal *******
mazdog

Post by mazdog »

I agree completely with you 'biker.....
I live in the city, statistically i would be likely to be killed by my own gun (if i had one) used on me, that alone is enough of a reason for me to shy away at this point.

If i live anywhere outside the city or even in a smaller city, i would surely have a shotgun at the least. in fact if this country doesn't take a turn for the better soon i am seriously considering getting a shotgun for the eventful morning i wake to find WW4 in full effect.

Also was curious about the 9mm comment. I have known many 'gun' guys thru the years and that was also the first thing they would bring up. Something about he gangstas and their weak ass 9's, and how pathetic it was that everyone thinks 9's are the be-all end-all..................I have no idea personally, i have just heard that same kinda comment soooo many times.

Utopia sure is a beautiful idea tho.
'enjoy the pain while it lasts' - Dj TRON
DC

Post by DC »

Knuckles, they're an odd collection of bones at the end of me arms. Of course, not too good for bustin a cap in a bear's ass. :shock:
pan4gold49

Post by pan4gold49 »

Hi Yall!
My 9 is fine for me not heavy as the 44mag pistol you will know after packing it in the woods. As far it goes if I have shoot a clip thats 13 rounds how many things can get hit that many times. As far shooting goes Expert in both small arms and rifles NRA certified and used to be a naval small arms and automatic weapons expert. Also I shoot at least 300 rounds a year for practice. But the funny thing is never have shot a round in anger. As far as my ammo goes I reload using a hollow point with a full metal jacket and just a wie bit more powder for better stopping power.
Yes I have 2 shotguns a 18 ga for birds and a 12ga for ducks and geese.
pansTX420

shotgun?

Post by pansTX420 »

8) Shot gun if you have to wait for a bear to get into shot gun range you might as well kiss your but good bye The 9's are by all means not all that we have but it is a nice light gun that gets the job done 9mm full metal jacket hollow point will drop any thing that you might run into in the woods we have 21 shots at it not 4 or 6 with a shot gun. plus a shot gun ain't worth a crap if a mt lion drops on you or something surprises you plus it is a pisser to carry if some thing it at a longer range we pull out the 308, but if something is that far away you are not shooting it because you have to you are shooting it because you want to.
We do not carry weapons to be cool or tough it is truly a necessity and we only carry them in the wilderness.
love 420 gold and anything outdoors!
sonicblue

Post by sonicblue »

Alaskan Biker wrote:if you even think about using a 9mm hollow point on a bear .......you must have a very agonizing death wish

or is the objective to just simply piss off the bear and get his or her attention
I was thinking the same thing. Kinda reminds me of Blazing Saddles.

If I lived in bear country I would something more powerful to prevent becoming todays lunch.
My thoughts are free.