Paypal a scam?

Anything else.

Moderator: Balou

Lemming
Site Admin

Paypal a scam?

Post by Lemming »

Just heard from Slimline that Paypal have suspended his account and stolen his money with no explanation!

I'm flabbergasted and outraged. It seems unbelievable but apparently it's true.

Not_the_monk

Re: Paypal a scam?

Post by Not_the_monk »

They must have provided a reason, most likely that they suspect the account of illegal activity. I've known this happen to other sites' donation accounts. If he provides evidence of its perfectly legal use... ie links to this website, server bills, testimony from donators etc it should be possible to get it reopened...
elasticband

Post by elasticband »

Lemming wrote:Just heard from Slimline that Paypal have suspended his account and stolen his money with no explanation!

I'm flabbergasted and outraged. It seems unbelievable but apparently it's true.
use bitcoin, paypal is a joke and will suspend an account without warning and without good reason, oh any bitcoin does not discriminate on country like paypal and Mastercard.

look into making an account with bitpay they are great for merchants

ps if funding needed for forum costs has been locked, I might be able to help.
They must find it difficult, those who have taken authority as truth, rather than truth as authority
elasticband

Post by elasticband »

They must find it difficult, those who have taken authority as truth, rather than truth as authority
elasticband

Post by elasticband »

Bitpay even opened their new EU hq in A'dam :)

http://newsbtc.com/2014/04/02/bitpay-op ... amsterdam/
milehigh

Post by milehigh »

I've had a very active Paypal Acct for many years and never had a problem. In fact with the Paypal Debit card, it is easier and cheaper to withdraw Euros from ATMs then any other I know of. They have to follow the same rules as any other bank and there is an explanation and the ability to dispute the issue and it has to be settled in a certain amount of time. If you really are being screwed by them in some way then you go to the appropriate regulator and file a complaint that also will be followed up on. How much money is in question btw?
dconstrukt

Post by dconstrukt »

i use paypal A LOT for years.... and for business.

what exactly happened?

lemme know and i'll try to help ya.

they've been known to shut accounts down, but if you call them and explain it, they usually turn it back on.
USbongLord

Post by USbongLord »

Wowowowowow the Hindenburg was less painful to watch :mrgreen:
rockin into the night
elasticband

Post by elasticband »

I am not really sure what that means. The hindenburg caught fire, burnt and crashed out of the sky.

Bitcoin is just alive and well with more and more market/merchant adoption every day.

There will be several Bitcoin ATM machines appearing in Amsterdam very soon ;)