Jo Cox MP

Anything else.

Moderator: Balou

spidergawd

Jo Cox MP

Post by spidergawd »

Today a fantastic Human Being, and little bit of our freedom was senselessly destroyed.

These are the words of Jo Cox, and strong reason I am doing my sponsored bike ride.

"We all know that the vast majority of the terrified, friendless and profoundly vulnerable child refugees scattered across Europe tonight came from Syria.

We also know that as that conflict enters its sixth barbaric year that desperate Syrian families are being forced to make an impossible decision: stay and face starvation, rape, persecution and death or make a perilous journey to find sanctuary elsewhere.

And who can blame desperate parents for wanting to escape the horror that their families are experiencing. The reality in which children are being killed on their way to school, where children as young as seven are being forcibly recruited to the front line and where one in three Syrian children have grown up knowing nothing but fear and war.

These children have been exposed to things no child should ever witness and I know I personally would risk life and limb to get my two precious babies out of that hell-hole"

You dont have to type RIP or anything folks, but give her and what she believed in a thought and if you're that way inclined a prayer.

What a long strange trip it is.