read a book….

Anything else.

Moderator: Balou

macky

read a book….

Post by macky »

My friend Spidergawd and his daughter gave me a book for my B-day called Amsterdam "A history of the worlds most liberal city"
The author is Russell Shorto, Started on plane home and plan to finnish later today . The weather is turning biblical 100mm rain in 24 hr.
Crank up the wood stove and read a good book,so far interesting reading .
Good book for anyone who loves the Dam ,Again thanks and thank you and to anyone who gave me a gift.
Next year I will have to remind people ,your presences is all I need at next years B-Bash … I supply the swag :mrgreen:

ed the head
Location: New Amsterdam of my mind and of my making. Trips:3, Haj:14

Re: read a book….

Post by ed the head »

macky wrote: Fri 5th May 2017 01:56 pm My friend Spidergawd and his daughter gave me a book for my B-day called Amsterdam "A history of the worlds most liberal city"
The author is Russell Shorto, Started on plane home and plan to finnish later today . The weather is turning biblical 100mm rain in 24 hr.
Crank up the wood stove and read a good book,so far interesting reading .
Good book for anyone who loves the Dam ,Again thanks and thank you and to anyone who gave me a gift.
Next year I will have to remind people ,your presences is all I need at next years B-Bash … I supply the swag :mrgreen:
That's a really good friend Macky.

It's also available on Audio book for those so inclined.

Would love to meet the author one day, we seem to share a deep love of Amsterdam. He is active in the John Adams institute in Amsterdam.

Posted something similar under 'Other Amsterdam' but Russell Shorto and this excellent book can't get too much pressviewtopic.php?f=16&t=33598
He who tries to shine dims his own light
notsofasteddie

Re: read a book….

Post by notsofasteddie »

macky wrote: Fri 5th May 2017 01:56 pm My friend Spidergawd and his daughter gave me a book for my B-day called Amsterdam "A history of the worlds most liberal city"
The author is Russell Shorto....

Good book for anyone who loves the Dam
Thanks for the "Heads Up!"

Eddie and wifey have a Fall trip to Amsterdam in the planning stages. We're taking an "Amster-virgin" whose birthday happens to be in early June. Guess what she's getting as a present :D :mrgreen:

P.s. A Belated Happy Birthday to You!