Moderator: Balou

EasilySuede

Osprey Nest Cam 2017

Post by EasilySuede »

Osprey Nest Cam 2017: Season Five

kind of fascinating.
to the live wecam page: https://www.nature.org/ourinitiatives/r ... I.facebook

info:
We have three hatchlings! The first chick hatched on April 28, the second hatched a couple of days later and the third came along a few days after that.

The best time to see these little ones is during a feeding when their heads pop up to wiggle about for food. They've already grown quite a bit and will be adult sized in a little more than a month (end of June). In order to fuel this growth, Josie and Elbert will be extremely busy parents. Be sure to stay tuned in and you'll likely catch a feeding!

Have questions or comments about the osprey? Place them in the comments section below and we’ll get back to you as fast as we can.

The Nature Conservancy and its partners are working to restore vital coastal and estuarine habitats throughout the Gulf – oyster reefs, seagrass beds, sand dunes, coral reefs, marshes and bird habitat. This work is critical for re-building Gulf fisheries that are essential to human communities and native wildlife like the osprey.

Papi

Re: Osprey Nest Cam 2017

Post by Papi »

I used to watch wild boars on some live-cam hidden near their feeding grounds. Those fuckers didn't hatch but daamn they were crazy:D

For a moment i thought you run this hatchery. No more bongs for me today i guess:D
Edibles on a plane is my middle fucking name
EasilySuede

Post by EasilySuede »

Papi wrote: Tue 27th Jun 2017 07:18 pm I used to watch wild boars on some live-cam hidden near their feeding grounds. Those fuckers didn't hatch but daamn they were crazy:D
For a moment i thought you run this hatchery. No more bongs for me today i guess:D
:lol:
papi, i'm no expert in bird law, but that cam looks like an invasion of privacy to me. :)
Papi

Post by Papi »

EasilySuede wrote: Wed 28th Jun 2017 04:56 pm
Papi wrote: Tue 27th Jun 2017 07:18 pm I used to watch wild boars on some live-cam hidden near their feeding grounds. Those fuckers didn't hatch but daamn they were crazy:D
:lol:
papi, i'm no expert in bird law, but that cam looks like an invasion of privacy to me. :)
Damn right it is, I mean, look at this, taken just a minute ago:

One of the is busy picking at the other's osprey ass while the 3rd one(the smartest, who already knows that there are cameras) is clearly in shock that people are going to know their dirty secrets
EasilySuede

Post by EasilySuede »

Papi wrote: Wed 28th Jun 2017 05:04 pm ...
One of the is busy picking at the other's osprey ass ...
whew, i'm glad that's all it was. at first i thought it was some fraternal tea-bagging. :shock:
Papi

Post by Papi »

EasilySuede wrote: Wed 28th Jun 2017 09:10 pm
Papi wrote: Wed 28th Jun 2017 05:04 pm ...
One of the is busy picking at the other's osprey ass ...
whew, i'm glad that's all it was. at first i thought it was some fraternal tea-bagging. :shock:
Who knows what happens when the lights go out