Blowing up your own spot

Anything else.

Moderator: Balou

ed the head
Location: New Amsterdam of my mind and of my making. Trips:3, Haj:14

Blowing up your own spot

Post by ed the head »

'Blowing up your own spot' is Bronx vernacular a I'm glad a friend shared with me.

It's typical use would be 'Why you blowing up your own spot?'

Taking actions and/or making decisions that worsen one's own condition is a common enough human condition to warrant creation of this phrase.

In my own life I have two family members afflicted with this condition. Since apathy is apparently not a viable option I have grappled with dealing with this. Fortunately, Bronx vernacular back to the rescue.

'You better check yourself before you wreck yourself'

He who tries to shine dims his own light
AzLaker

Re: Blowing up your own spot

Post by AzLaker »

ed the head wrote: Wed 7th Aug 2019 10:18 am 'Blowing up your own spot' is Bronx vernacular a I'm glad a friend shared with me.

It's typical use would be 'Why you blowing up your own spot?'

Taking actions and/or making decisions that worsen one's own condition is a common enough human condition to warrant creation of this phrase.

In my own life I have two family members afflicted with this condition. Since apathy is apparently not a viable option I have grappled with dealing with this. Fortunately, Bronx vernacular back to the rescue.

'You better check yourself before you wreck yourself'
+1 :)

AzLaker
8)
If you never do, you'll never know.
ed the head
Location: New Amsterdam of my mind and of my making. Trips:3, Haj:14

Re: Blowing up your own spot

Post by ed the head »

https://www.helpguide.org/articles/ment ... sorder.htm

Do you identify with the following statements?

I often feel “empty.”
My emotions shift very quickly, and I often experience extreme sadness, anger, and anxiety.
I’m constantly afraid that the people I care about will abandon me or leave me.
I would describe most of my romantic relationships as intense, but unstable.
The way I feel about the people in my life can dramatically change from one moment to the next—and I don’t always understand why.
I often do things that I know are dangerous or unhealthy, such as driving recklessly, having unsafe sex, binge drinking, using drugs, or going on spending sprees.
I’ve attempted to hurt myself, engaged in self-harm behaviors such as cutting, or threatened suicide.
When I’m feeling insecure in a relationship, I tend to lash out or make impulsive gestures to keep the other person close
He who tries to shine dims his own light