Virus

Anything else.

Moderator: Balou

Ghost

Re: Virus

Post by Ghost »

TransApenninesCouple wrote: Mon 9th Mar 2020 10:38 am I'll tell you how things are going here in New Wuhan Italy. Only yesterday more than a thousand infections and 137 deaths! Since yesterday, all unnecessary movements are prohibited, the government appeals to our civic sense ... help! You have to respect a meter of distance in every commercial activity ... even with drug dealers! In countries, traffic has decreased by 80%, people on foot are avoided and very few. Today, working in the field of rehabilitation, I decided to close my business and the reason is respect for everyone's health. How is it going in Europe? Unfortunately for us Spannabis has jumped ... fingers crossed for 420!
Sorry to hear about Spannabis for you.

Well i really hope you make it over for 420 in Dam, will be good to say hello and have a blaze. (do not worry all i will be bringing the mooselabs filters with me and will also have a couple of spare to hand out on the day to a couple of ACD stoners) :D

I will have my fingers crossed for you and for all of us that we can make 420 :thumbup:

Chase the Green to live the Dream :mrgreen: 8) :D
Lemming
Site Admin

Post by Lemming »

@TransApenninesCouple - Feel for you guys. Take care. Best of luck.

At least Italy is fighting back. It's hard to know whether the situation there is because the outbreak is worse than elsewhere or whether they're just being more honest about it.

Some countries are clearly still in the denial phase. Most obviously Iran but I'm also particularly concerned about the USA. It's said that the virus has been circulating there for several weeks and yet the public statistics are quite low. There must be a suspicion that there is some cover up going on.

This could have been an opportunity for Trump. He could have offered some leadership to the world, putting the whole planet on a war footing. Humans vs. virus. Diverting manufacturing into producing hand sanitizers, masks, oxygen bottles and whatever else is needed, in the same way that they might be encouraged to produce shells and tanks for a conventional war.

Rather than that he seems to be just being paranoid. Blaming his political opponents for exaggerating the threat rather than standing up to it.

Take care everyone. Look after each other.
MPlant

Post by MPlant »

Is anybody considering altering or cancelling their plans over this virus?

I'm due to go on the 8th of April until the 15th. I don't want to cancel, but I wonder if I am being irresponsible by travelling during such an uncertain time. I know it's slightly irrational to be so concerned about it, especially when the figures just now are factions of a percent, but Italy had 3 confirmed cases 18 days ago and now they are at over 9000.

I've paid my hotel, flights, insurance, ticket to Awakenings, so if I do cancel I'm down about £750...not cool.

I just don't know what to do. I do have some underlying health issues, including very mild asthma.

Just wondered if anyone else is having second thoughts, and whether I am being irrational and overreacting.
Lemming
Site Admin

Post by Lemming »

MPlant wrote: Tue 10th Mar 2020 12:12 am 8th of April until the 15th
Might as well just wait and see. It's very possible that your flights will get cancelled anyway, either because of travel restrictions or because airlines stop flying empty planes.
choppermike

Post by choppermike »

Know a pilot that did Rome yesterday with 192 booked and 25 on board 👽
.. in the avoid curve :mrgreen:
MPlant

Post by MPlant »

Shit, Tom Hanks has the coronavirus.
Smirks

Post by Smirks »

Disease is like a box of chocolates
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

Smirks wrote: Thu 12th Mar 2020 06:46 am Disease is like a box of chocolates
Comment of the thread thus far! :lol:

Kudos to you good sir...
Smirks

Post by Smirks »

DeLekkersteNUGS16 wrote: Thu 12th Mar 2020 06:48 am
Smirks wrote: Thu 12th Mar 2020 06:46 am Disease is like a box of chocolates
Comment of the thread thus far! :lol:

Kudos to you good sir...
:D
CruMember

Post by CruMember »

Oh, gosh! Yeah, we have to keep up laughing in these quite unpleasant times...
Lemming wrote: Mon 9th Mar 2020 01:38 pm This could have been an opportunity for Trump. He could have offered some leadership to the world, putting the whole planet on a war footing. Humans vs. virus. Diverting manufacturing into producing hand sanitizers, masks, oxygen bottles and whatever else is needed, in the same way that they might be encouraged to produce shells and tanks for a conventional war.
Actually Trump either won't be able, from intellectual view, or not willing/interested to join an international strategy and politics. (Because of) only taking care about things being relevant for his own personal benefit. He treats matters of society as he deals on his enterprise (that's real estate et al.).
One day Trump would say "It is a very stable virus... Beautiful, fantastic, like my great politics."

Guys, better laugh than cry...! :lol:
CruMember

Post by CruMember »

Is Trumps just announced EU-people's immigration ban, but sparing the UK, a first tribute to Brexiteers? Plus he's latest now assuming UK as 51st state of US? :wtf:

And, why's he not putting an US import tariff on the virus...? :think:
Heath Eagle

Post by Heath Eagle »

Hi Folks,
Due to fly in from Dam from London Gatwick next Wednesday. Does anybody know what the situation is in the Dam with the coffee shops at the moment? Are there any restrictions on use of Volcano Vapes for example? If there is anybody there on the ground at the moment, would really appreciate some feedback on the situation?
Thanks
To Honour Tolerance Wherever It Is Found
Oh.... & Metallica rule OK!
Smirks

Post by Smirks »

Heath Eagle wrote: Thu 12th Mar 2020 01:21 pm Hi Folks,
Due to fly in from Dam from London Gatwick next Wednesday. Does anybody know what the situation is in the Dam with the coffee shops at the moment? Are there any restrictions on use of Volcano Vapes for example? If there is anybody there on the ground at the moment, would really appreciate some feedback on the situation?
Thanks
Yes the Dutch government has indeed issued a ban on “volcano vapes”
Lemming
Site Admin

Post by Lemming »

As I posted a few days ago (above), I'm particularly concerned about the situation in USA.

Trump clearly still doesn't get it. Sounds like he has an army of experts trying to explain it to him but he still thinks it's a conspiracy by his political opponents.

My guess is that the virus is spreading like wildfire all over USA and that it's just not obvious yet. I wouldn't be surprised if the US is seen as the epicentre of the epidemic soon.

Willjay

Post by Willjay »

Lemming wrote: Thu 12th Mar 2020 04:11 pm As I posted a few days ago (above), I'm particularly concerned about the situation in USA.

Trump clearly still doesn't get it. Sounds like he has an army of experts trying to explain it to him but he still thinks it's a conspiracy by his political opponents.

My guess is that the virus is spreading like wildfire all over USA and that it's just not obvious yet. I wouldn't be surprised if the US is seen as the epicentre of the epidemic soon.

Your right on this one, our federal government is unprepared. Major cancellations in entertainment, sports, education and even churches. We’re now in a bear market as well
www.stopthedrugwar.org
www.mpp.org
www.drugpolicy.org