DjShaggy

Re: Virus

Post by DjShaggy »

Your smoking too much of that Vietnamese slave grown cheese

ignoring spellcheck since 1986
KeyMonCha

Post by KeyMonCha »

You realise that 'Street wise' is a euphemism for stupid, right?

This shit is one step away from anti-vaxx, qanon, flat-earth, moon-landing hoax and climate change denial...

You can 'believe' what you want, but those who actually understand this stuff think you're pangolin-shit nuts!

A little advise; change you're media... You're using off guardian, ffs!
Last edited by KeyMonCha on Tue 14th Apr 2020 07:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RoMoney

Post by RoMoney »

All the ambulances flying around the city here do stink of fake news to be fair, they crashed the economy to put up 5G masts, how dare they!!
Bring back Imelda Marcos!
RoMoney

Post by RoMoney »

Social distancing on and off until 2022?

https://www.sciencealert.com/new-study- ... until-2022
FODSmith

Post by FODSmith »

RoMoney wrote: Tue 14th Apr 2020 06:14 pm All the ambulances flying around the city here do stink of fake news to be fair, they crashed the economy to put up 5G masts, how dare they!!
Have you considered the possibility that all the paramedics and alleged patients might be jobbing actors? After all, what else would they be doing? The theatres are all closed, and nobody's producing any film or television. In fact, given the number of businesses that can't operate via the internet – which is quite a lot - there must be a lot of people at a loose end who'd jump at the chance to be part of a devilish plot for big bucks, or maybe just shits and giggles.
macky

Post by macky »

Yup! Fun times ambulances fly,n round with 5000 dead virus victims a week in Spain :D
Willjay

Post by Willjay »

This is a Rant :D I want to apologize for the action or lack of action of our federal government (USA) I feel we are about to explode into an infection rate that is going to be deadly to the planet. Stay home and stay safe
Sorry for the negativity :mrgreen: now I’m going to smoke :wink:
www.stopthedrugwar.org
www.mpp.org
www.drugpolicy.org
Comus

Post by Comus »

appologise not Willjay .... for it is written that the stoners shall not bear the punishment of the president's iniquity
I'm in shocks and stares
Lemming
Site Admin

Post by Lemming »

I posted this elsewhere:

The SARS outbreak, in the early 2000s, was mostly confined to China and SE Asia. It was much more deadly than Covid but less infectious. It was ultimately contained before it spread around the world.

Europe was barely touched by SARS. We heard about it, especially when it briefly erupted in Canada, but it didn't scare people and governments here as it did in the east.

In the current pandemic there has been a stark contrast between the ambitions of countries in east and west.

In the east the objective has been to contain and eradicate the virus.

In the west it's been to delay and manage it.

---

I'm annoyed that countries like here in the UK might ultimately undermine the work done by countries who are trying to eradicate this virus as they did with SARS.

It's worth noting that a vaccine for SARS was never found.

It's also worth noting that people who recovered from SARS suffered long term health consequences that may well be the case for Covid too.

I think the idea of allowing Covid to spread in a controlled manner is a grave mistake. We don't even know whether survivors will gain immunity.

---

I also posted this timeline. It's quite UK-centric but might be interesting to others:

Late December - first knowledge in international medical circles - experts in Wuhan publish details of an outbreak of unusual pneumonia appearing in intensive care. Initially they think it's a recurrence of SARS.
31st December - WHO officially informed of 27 cases of unusual pneumonia in Wuhan, 7 of whom in critical condition.
2nd January - new virus confirmed, not SARS.
3rd January - genetic sequence of new coronavirus identified. China formally notified US of outbreak. Global medical community becoming alarmed. Global political community cover their ears.
9th January - 1st death.
15th January - 2nd death.
19th January - 3rd death.
20th January - human-to-human transmission confirmed.
22nd January - UK announces strategy for handling stages of epidemic.
23rd January - Wuhan lockdown.
By end of January cases have been detected in SE Asia, Europe and USA.
22nd February - 1st deaths in Italy, local lockdown imposed.
28th February - 1st documented local transmission within UK.
5th March - 1st death in UK.
9th March - national lockdown in Italy.
12th March - UK officially abandons containment stage and moves to next stage.
13th March - UK herd immunity strategy outlined by chief adviser. Calculated to require 60% of the population getting infected at a likely cost of about 0.5 million lives.
24th March - UK lockdown.
macky

Post by macky »

Think there finding it was killing people a lot early. March for Englands first deaths only because cases where missed diagnosed.
RoMoney

Post by RoMoney »

Lemming wrote: Wed 22nd Apr 2020 04:05 pm I'm annoyed that countries like here in the UK might ultimately undermine the work done by countries who are trying to eradicate this virus as they did with SARS.

I think as it progresses countries who haven't contained it and are having ongoing outbreaks may face long periods of travel bans from countries that have, unless they come up with better, more widely available on the spot testing that could be rolled out in airports.
Comus

Post by Comus »

it's significant that the first two confirmed cases in the UK were on 31st January .... just to highlight how long the government put their fingers in their ears, shut their eyes and shouted la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la for the next month and a half.
I'm in shocks and stares
RoMoney

Post by RoMoney »

Comus wrote: Wed 22nd Apr 2020 08:36 pm it's significant that the first two confirmed cases in the UK were on 31st January .... just to highlight how long the government put their fingers in their ears, shut their eyes and shouted la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la for the next month and a half.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3NAx3tsy-k

:mrgreen:
Kermit

Post by Kermit »

Comus wrote: Wed 22nd Apr 2020 08:36 pm it's significant that the first two confirmed cases in the UK were on 31st January .... just to highlight how long the government put their fingers in their ears, shut their eyes and shouted la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la for the next month and a half.
I think you will find the Welsh government is in control of your situation and any decisions made is up to them, same as Scotland and Northern Ireland. They can all end lockdown right now if they wanted, fuck all to do with Boris and he can't tell any of them countries on this. They could have shut down in January but didn't, what a dumb thing your country did 😂 .
Comus

Post by Comus »

not so .... the assembly hasn't got the remit to enforce a lockdown .... westminster has control of that
I'm in shocks and stares