Post by Comus »

Lemming wrote: Mon 30th Mar 2020 10:50 pm Stay stoned and carry on :D
this :thumbup:

I'm in shocks and stares
CruMember

Re: Virus

Post by CruMember »

Lemming wrote: Mon 30th Mar 2020 10:50 pm
Comus wrote: Mon 30th Mar 2020 10:11 pm does any of it matter? really? people ask me, 'aren't you worried?' .... i reply, 'would it help?' :-|
Fair comment. Stay stoned and carry on :D
But I think it's ok if you have a look back and sum up in order to understand what happend and gain lessons learned. And to ask the authorities why they didn't want or haven't been in the position to react faster. And ask/force them to do better next time. E.g. in Germany they haven't been so strict with radically privatising any hospitals etc. (at least so far). That's why they have much more capacities for IC beds than e.g. the NL which are struggeling to catch up. Lately Germany even was able to take Dutch patients as far as I know. Neighbours, helping each other.

Now, latest, what each of us will/should make up his/her mind up personally is about the way we live together in the society, the attitude against each other and against things. That it's not all about personal status (symbols) in the society and consumption (e.g. getting the newest iPhone) and so on. But it's about each human being, paying respect to each other etc. And that helping someone or doing something good for someone (even if it's just some nice words) is much more worth and gives you a good, simple feeling of luck. Much better than with getting any material status symbols like cars or iPhones... :wink:

Take care, Keep calm, Wash your hands and Roll On... Enjoy Yourselves! :thumbup:
RoMoney

Post by RoMoney »

Restrictions in Ireland (who closed schools and bars very early) resulting in a big fall in infection rates. Hopefully the full lockdown introduced their recently will further help this.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/health/ ... -1.4216247

Italy also seems to have slowing in infection rates and Spain seems to be peaking.

Glimmers of hope muchachos!
Bring back Imelda Marcos!
Comus

Post by Comus »

CruMember wrote: Tue 31st Mar 2020 07:17 am
Now, latest, what each of us will/should make up his/her mind up personally is about the way we live together in the society, the attitude against each other and against things
my mind was made up for me a long time ago, by the race to the bottom our governments have had us engaged in for the last 30 years or so ... there is nowt we can do about it either.
I'm in shocks and stares
RoMoney

Post by RoMoney »

Comus wrote: Tue 31st Mar 2020 10:21 am
CruMember wrote: Tue 31st Mar 2020 07:17 am
Now, latest, what each of us will/should make up his/her mind up personally is about the way we live together in the society, the attitude against each other and against things
my mind was made up for me a long time ago, by the race to the bottom our governments have had us engaged in for the last 30 years or so ... there is nowt we can do about it either.
I do find it heartening that experts are back in fashion!
Comus

Post by Comus »

yep ... a new era of scienticians ... the experts who are allowed because they agree with the politics not the facts :mrgreen:
I'm in shocks and stares
RoMoney

Post by RoMoney »

Comus wrote: Tue 31st Mar 2020 12:07 pm yep ... a new era of scienticians ... the experts who are allowed because they agree with the politics not the facts :mrgreen:
You're too cynical Comus! :lol: Life is full of trade offs :D The reality is we have systems that are too big to manage efficiently.
Comus

Post by Comus »

Do not try and bend the spoon. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth....
There is no spoon.....Then you'll see, that it is not the spoon that bends, it is only yourself.
I'm in shocks and stares
Comus

Post by Comus »

latest number crunch for those who like stats .... uk first officially reported case of virus 31st January .... todays figures from John Hopkins uni .... total of confirmed cases 25,499 .... total deaths so far 1,793 ..... total recoveries 179 .... conclusion: according to the current figures, those who are tested positive in the UK are 10 times more likely to die of covid than survive...... kinda holds a light on the government when they make an announcement 'based on current data' :mrgreen:
I'm in shocks and stares
CopenhagenCouple

Post by CopenhagenCouple »

Comus wrote: Wed 1st Apr 2020 11:09 am latest number crunch for those who like stats .... uk first officially reported case of virus 31st January .... todays figures from John Hopkins uni .... total of confirmed cases 25,499 .... total deaths so far 1,793 ..... total recoveries 179 .... conclusion: according to the current figures, those who are tested positive in the UK are 10 times more likely to die of covid than survive...... kinda holds a light on the government when they make an announcement 'based on current data' :mrgreen:
"Officially", only one person has recovered in DK, a footballer who was one of the first to be tested positive and who has himself announced that he is all clear on twitter or some shizz like that. There are no more "official" recoveries and when asked the authorities give a lame fucking excuse that they are developing a statistic model to tell how many has recovered. Fucking nonsense when we know that many, many people have had it and are now free from symptoms (and that many more than the ones we know of have been infected and become well again).
Always know where your towel is! :wtf: :lol:
Comus

Post by Comus »

it's totally fucking bonkers really innit .... just who do they think they are kidding :lol: .... but then when i stop to think how many stiffs are actually swallowing this shit it makes me real nervous :|
I'm in shocks and stares
DjShaggy

Post by DjShaggy »

Death tally’s sell more papers than recovery tally’s
ignoring spellcheck since 1986
Comus

Post by Comus »

i don't think the media are in charge of the stats here to be honest
I'm in shocks and stares
CopenhagenCouple

Post by CopenhagenCouple »

News here in DK, now they are reporting the cases where people are registered as recovered. Out of 3.107 registered as infected, 104 people have died and 894 are registered as recovered...
Always know where your towel is! :wtf: :lol:
RoMoney

Post by RoMoney »

CopenhagenCouple wrote: Thu 2nd Apr 2020 06:02 am News here in DK, now they are reporting the cases where people are registered as recovered. Out of 3.107 registered as infected, 104 people have died and 894 are registered as recovered...
The John Hopkins interactive map shows this as well (where countries report it). As a data nerd I love the map, as much as it's bringing bad news, the daily increase chart is useful for following the curve per country.

https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html