'Michael Moore & Me' on Sky One earlier this week

Anything else.

Moderator: Balou

JSB

Post by JSB »

Biker, I'm sorry to hear about your mother, but I think you need to understand the point I made a little clearer. The debate on whether cannabis should be available on prescription to the ill is one that I think nobody would argue against, including myself. I was talking about cannabis for RECREATIONAL purposes should remain illegal. Maybe I should have stated that straight away, & apologies for not doing so, I just thought it was obvious what I was saying.

If cannabis was legalised for recreational use, people who grow it would probably have to apply for a government licence, they'd probably be limited to how much they could sell at a time, & the government taxes would be astronomical a`la tobacco. When I said that it was relatively easy to get good weed while it is still illegal, I was actually meaning specifically in the UK. I sympathise with the plight of cannabis users, esp. those who are sick, in the States, but really the stubborness of your American government is nothing to do with me or anyone in my country; it is Bush & Co. you should be angry with, NOT me just because I stated a plain fact: that marijuana is relatively freely available over here.

Making cannabis available on prescription is something that should have happened all over the world years before now, but it hasn't & it's hardly likely to be any time soon. It's tough on people like your mum, Biker, & the fact that growers/users get thrown into prison even if they're ill is absolutely despicable, but like I said before, it's the American government's fault, not mine.

So in a nutshell: Cannabis on prescription:should be legal straightaway in an ideal world. Cannabis for recreation:should remain illegal for reasons already stated. Really this topic should continue in the thread in Legalising, as this WAS supposed to be a thread about a Michael Moore doc on British TV until gun laws etc got brought into it.

Again Biker, my thoughts go out to you & your family, but nothing will make me change my stance on the legalisation of cannabis. I could go into a whole load of other reasons why, such as abuse of a substance that, while harmless in the short-term, is not, IMO, something that should be used heavily every day, but I don't want to risk upsetting or angering any further members of a forum that I enjoy being a member of, & whose members I respect & like.

PS I don't live a priveledged life. If I could afford to smoke every day, I still wouldn't, but my financial situation means that I rarely smoke it, & I prefer it that way to be honest, makes it all the more enjoyable when I do get it

shroomguy

Post by shroomguy »

Hey Man, even if they were taxing cannabis in the U.K after legalizing it, it still should be much cheaper that it is now.....An once cost about £5 to grow (that is including the electric).......
The fact that it is illegal only serve the purpose of criminals and terrorists.....
The black market bump-up the price. The more risk there is the more expensive it's gonna be......

Otherwise like you I thought that Janet street porter was pathetic. To make matter worst (I don't remember his name) she just did what another goon already done b4........
Alaskan Biker

Post by Alaskan Biker »

JSB the issue is just hitting home more this week than usual and reading what you said just brought it out.

Just so there is no more misunderstanding I do blame the U.S. Government and the Industrial Families that basically pay and influence them to keep things this way and I guess you had no way of knowing but a great many over here argue against it being legal for medical use.
I well know that your country is making real progress on the medical issue while mine is still basically in the dark ages so very much of my information comes from places like Canada, Briton and other European nations that have done the real science and research unlike over here where so very much of our little bit of research is paid for by the very people who want it to remain completely illegal.
Things have changed in a few States over here but even then the Federals still go in and abuse their power regardless of what the people want and have voted into State law things are so crazy the DEA has even opened a office in another country in Vancouver BC because they have become such a beacon of hope proving to people that it can all be changed.
The U.S. Government does so love to keep us purposefully divided over here on nearly every issue it allows them to get away with so much crap and once again this is a divided issue with so many still believing all the old lies and new spins on the old lies having nothing else to believe it is all they hear and their support is what makes it possible for the U.S. Government and Industrialist to get away with the things they do because the only thing this government ever fears and the only time things ever change is when enough people come together with one voice the politicians fear losing their jobs (no power, no pay check, no pay offs).

I am not mad at you JSB I am just mad at the world in general this week I am just so tired of these rich and powerful bastards winning, I am just so very tired inside right now and I apologize for taking it out on you.

Think I will just shut up for now and take the rest of today off.
******* World Wide Legal *******
mazdog

Post by mazdog »

I am just mad at the world in general
i feel you on that one.....its just sooo damn ridiculous.....anyways best wishes to you and yours.
JSB

Post by JSB »

Fair enough, Biker, as long as you know I didn't deliberately mean to be insensitive towards the plight of medi-users. Peace, brah :)