Turkey

Cisco

Post by Cisco »

templeball wrote:please be very careful, ive had friends get in some very serious problems in Turkey, a lot of money handed over and a near rape of one of the girls by police was the net result of their dope purchase. Mind you same in India long ago, and Thailand for that matter. Biggest problem as I think I may have mentioned before about scoring in Asia is the women's vunerability when the shit hits, not the money. Money can be replaced..

BTW anyone catch the TV programme recently about the film Midnight Express and the true story of his time inside?
Fuck me, to use the words living hell doesnt even come close to what the poor sod must have gone through...after doing his whole sentence and getting right to the end, with numerous major horrors along the way, they decided he wasnt going to leave prison and instead they increased his sentence! He did spend time in the mental ward there like in the film, and to escape he had to row a boat 15 miles in a storm (think it was 15), and then run and run for two/three days until he crossed the border.

So unless you are very worldy think of that and how tight your rim-piece is at the moment :oops: before taking a chance in that country, of all countries...
Damn i remember seeing this advertised but forgot to watch it !!! Doh :D

-
Glas

Post by Glas »

steven wrote:
templeball wrote:please be very careful, ive had friends get in some very serious problems in Turkey, a lot of money handed over and a near rape of one of the girls by police was the net result of their dope purchase. Mind you same in India long ago, and Thailand for that matter. Biggest problem as I think I may have mentioned before about scoring in Asia is the women's vunerability when the shit hits, not the money. Money can be replaced..

BTW anyone catch the TV programme recently about the film Midnight Express and the true story of his time inside?
Fuck me, to use the words living hell doesnt even come close to what the poor sod must have gone through...after doing his whole sentence and getting right to the end, with numerous major horrors along the way, they decided he wasnt going to leave prison and instead they increased his sentence! He did spend time in the mental ward there like in the film, and to escape he had to row a boat 15 miles in a storm (think it was 15), and then run and run for two/three days until he crossed the border.

So unless you are very worldy think of that and how tight your rim-piece is at the moment :oops: before taking a chance in that country, of all countries...

Fecking hell and here I was just about to order it on lovefilm and you've just recited the whole ending :lol:
That is the ending in the book. The film ending is pretty shitty and undramatic unlike the true story of his escape. Part of the true story is that, when he made his way over the border in to Greece, he was captured by the Greeks who were going to return him to the Turks. It wasn't until he told them about Turkish tanks hidden near the border (tensions between Turkey and Greece were extremely fraught at the time, and war was always a possibility) that the Greeks decided to deport him back to the US. The book is an amazing read, although I wouldn't take it on a holiday to there, the Turks are pretty sensitive about that book and the picture it paints of them. Incidentally, I found them to be an extremely friendly and hospitable people ;)

I've been to Turkey (Icmeler) once, in '06. I managed to score a bag of weed from a lad who worked in a local restaurant. This stuff was so strong I thought I had been spiked after a single joint. I was completely and utterly wasted :shock: Haven't a clue what it was and based on looks alone it was pretty crap. The high was so unbelievable and so instantaneous tho that it made me very paranoid for a couple of hours and ruined the stone :?