Argentina Allows Possession Of Marijuana For Personal Use

Puffin13

Post by Puffin13 »

25/08/2009

Buenos Aires - The possession of small amounts of marijuana for personal use in Argentina is no longer to be punished in Argentina. The country's Supreme Court ruled Tuesday that punishing the possession of even small amounts of marijuana - a practice which was in place until now - is unconstitutional because it "invades the sphere of personal liberty that is excluded from the authority of state organs."

The seven-judge panel stressed that the change is only applicable to adults, and that consumption will remain illegal if users put other people at risk.

The court ruled in a criminal case against five young men who had been arrested in 2006 in Rosario, Argentina, for possession of a total of three joints. The five were absolved by the Supreme Court.

The definition of a precise limit for the amount of marijuana that can be held legally was to follow at a later date.

The Argentine government has been among those favouring a decriminalization of drug use, so that police can focus on fighting drug dealers.

Source

Cannabis is The Tree of Life
Kermit

Post by Kermit »

I realy hate being English, we are falling so far behind the rest of the world in these matters.

Thanks for the info 8)
darkglobe

Post by darkglobe »

Just reading about this on BBC News:-

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/8221599.stm

Love the Quote "Each adult is free to make lifestyle decisions without the intervention of the state"...Fuckin' right... 8)
and they are following moves by "Venezuela,Ecuador and Columbia amongst others"...
"That cats something i can't explain"
Bifton

Post by Bifton »

Kermit wrote:I realy hate being English, we are falling so far behind the rest of the world in these matters.

Thanks for the info 8)
If we could get enough of us to join the Green Party we could all vote for a change in legislation regarding Hash and Weed and they would have to put it in their electoral manifesto and then all we would have to do is to remember to vote..... sorted :lol: :lol:
cantona7
Location: Seattle- trips to the 'dam, 7 by the time i caught up with freedom i was out of breathe

Post by cantona7 »

go argentina!

here in seattle we're on the right track. marijuana possession for personal use is on the police's lowest priority. my brother was caught with weed in his car before work , cop only took the weed and sent him on his way as far as i know..
educating myself and waiting for the next trip.
instagram @shooter_mcdabbin
kel

Post by kel »

> The country's Supreme Court ruled Tuesday that punishing the possession of even small amounts of marijuana - a practice which was in place until now - is unconstitutional because it "invades the sphere of personal liberty that is excluded from the authority of state organs.

Holy s***! You mean, as in, "life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness" and stuff?

What a concept!
Potimus

Post by Potimus »

Kermit wrote:I realy hate being English, we are falling so far behind the rest of the world in these matters.

Thanks for the info 8)
know how you feel... :x