Bringing a vape to Amsterdam

Hardware and techniques: joints, pipes and vaporisers.
acidhaus

Bringing a vape to Amsterdam

Post by acidhaus » Tue 27th Feb 2018 11:04 am

What's up everyone! I have a 2 month trip coming up to Amsterdam. Looking forward to trying out every coffeeshop in this directory haha.

I really love my vaporizer (I bought this crazy expensive $500 thing: https://vaporizersdirect.com.au/mighty-vaporizer) and want to bring it on my trip with me.

I was just wondering if anyone has any experience going Australia -> Amsterdam and I'm wondering if I'll have any trouble. I'll wash it out thoroughly and it looks more like a walkie talkie than anything. I doubt customs would know.

Also happy to hear horror stories to scare me out of doing it. Just let me know!

DjShaggy

Re: Bringing a vape to Amsterdam

Post by DjShaggy » Tue 27th Feb 2018 06:03 pm

bringing it to dam wont be a problem. wouldnt fancy trying to bring it back to australia tho. if your gonna be there for 2 months it might be worth picking up a budget vape and ditching (or gifting) it at the end of your stay.
ignoring spellcheck since 1986

OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo » Tue 27th Feb 2018 06:18 pm

Could always clean and post it back...
You'll deffo have no probs getting it into the Dam I take mine every trip. Those TV shows we get about Aussie customs though.... jeez they'd make any vape carriers blood run cold. Honestly I've never even seen a customs officer when returning to the UK. Not once!

Vapors

Post by Vapors » Tue 27th Feb 2018 11:18 pm

I always take a Vape to A'dam with me, I like my own. Sometimes I get a cheaper one for $100 or so and just leave it with my favorite Budtender, sometimes I bring them home -depends on the Vape. When I've brought my Crafty, I've just packed an extra top because that's where any residual weed and smell might be lurking, no matter how well you clean it, or I've just ditched the top. I've never had a problem getting it back in the States and figure if they do stop me, it's clean-enough.

For my next trip I'm bringing a Fury2-works great and cost about $120. Not sure I my Budtender will inherit this one.

If you do take your Mighty, make sure you really clean out those ridges on the body-they collect a LOT of weed :wink:

Lara_1988

Post by Lara_1988 » Wed 26th Sep 2018 09:23 pm

I've carried a used vape into the UK before and my heart stopped when I saw dogs as I hadn't cleaned it.... wasn't stopped though

Still a lesson was learnt.. just play it safe

Carver99

Post by Carver99 » Mon 8th Oct 2018 08:57 pm

Make sure you remove all plant matter! There is nothing illegal about a vaporizer .... it is what is in it which is the problem!!!

Return to “Headshops and Paraphernalia”