Potable vaps

Hardware and techniques: joints, pipes and vaporisers.
Essexturk420
Posts: 73
Joined: Fri 12th Apr 2019 03:07 pm
Location: Essex

Potable vaps

Post by Essexturk420 » Sat 10th Aug 2019 07:47 am

So i feel like i should treat myself to a new vap as i have my dynavap i got it back in 2016 and i feel with this day and ages i should treat my self to a upgrade but i cant decide what one should i go for , i feel maybe i should upgrade to a battery powered one as i should go with the time as it might be easyer to do on the go , my head turned to the pax but i do love a dynavap it jus the fact of manuel heating it up , im jus wondering what everyone else is using ?



djgtp
Posts: 33
Joined: Wed 21st Sep 2016 12:30 pm

Re: Potable vaps

Post by djgtp » Sat 10th Aug 2019 10:02 am

Have had 4 portable vapes over the years. Two of these have been variations of arizer solo (1 + 2). By far the easiest maintenance wise. Just clean the glass tubes. No mess made in oven chamber due to herbs being in glass tube rather than sitting directly in oven. Very good battery life on solo 2.

Can reccomend uk website vapefiend

Let us know what you end up with

Essexturk420
Posts: 73
Joined: Fri 12th Apr 2019 03:07 pm
Location: Essex

Re: Potable vaps

Post by Essexturk420 » Sat 10th Aug 2019 04:18 pm

djgtp wrote:
Sat 10th Aug 2019 10:02 am
Have had 4 portable vapes over the years. Two of these have been variations of arizer solo (1 + 2). By far the easiest maintenance wise. Just clean the glass tubes. No mess made in oven chamber due to herbs being in glass tube rather than sitting directly in oven. Very good battery life on solo 2.

Can reccomend uk website vapefiend

Let us know what you end up with
Thanks mate , i defo take a look init to it as any advice is most greatful

User avatar
Sanchez_
Posts: 75
Joined: Thu 21st Mar 2019 10:56 pm

Re: Potable vaps

Post by Sanchez_ » Sat 10th Aug 2019 10:02 pm

Essexturk420 wrote:
Sat 10th Aug 2019 07:47 am
So i feel like i should treat myself to a new vap as i have my dynavap i got it back in 2016 and i feel with this day and ages i should treat my self to a upgrade but i cant decide what one should i go for , i feel maybe i should upgrade to a battery powered one as i should go with the time as it might be easyer to do on the go , my head turned to the pax but i do love a dynavap it jus the fact of manuel heating it up , im jus wondering what everyone else is using ?
I have: Pax 3(pretty much retired right now), Arizer Argo, RBT Splinter, S&B Mighty

The Argo is fantastic for flavour and easy to clean/swap tubes, has the replaceable 18650 battery. It's also still pretty stealthy and easily pocketable. It's my 2nd most used vape and was my daily driver before the Mighty was purchased.

The Mighty is my daily driver for at home but also gets day trips. The best all-round performer for me, barely touched my other vapes since owning it.

If size or stealth isn't an issue then I would always recommend the Mighty however for more stealth and smaller bowls still with good flavour then the Argo scores well.

Hope that helps!

Essexturk420
Posts: 73
Joined: Fri 12th Apr 2019 03:07 pm
Location: Essex

Re: Potable vaps

Post by Essexturk420 » Sun 11th Aug 2019 07:26 am

Sanchez_ wrote:
Sat 10th Aug 2019 10:02 pm
Essexturk420 wrote:
Sat 10th Aug 2019 07:47 am
So i feel like i should treat myself to a new vap as i have my dynavap i got it back in 2016 and i feel with this day and ages i should treat my self to a upgrade but i cant decide what one should i go for , i feel maybe i should upgrade to a battery powered one as i should go with the time as it might be easyer to do on the go , my head turned to the pax but i do love a dynavap it jus the fact of manuel heating it up , im jus wondering what everyone else is using ?
I have: Pax 3(pretty much retired right now), Arizer Argo, RBT Splinter, S&B Mighty

The Argo is fantastic for flavour and easy to clean/swap tubes, has the replaceable 18650 battery. It's also still pretty stealthy and easily pocketable. It's my 2nd most used vape and was my daily driver before the Mighty was purchased.

The Mighty is my daily driver for at home but also gets day trips. The best all-round performer for me, barely touched my other vapes since owning it.

If size or stealth isn't an issue then I would always recommend the Mighty however for more stealth and smaller bowls still with good flavour then the Argo scores well.

Hope that helps!
Thanks bro i seen and heard about the mighty and it looks the nuts and i bave read that people say for flavour 5 of 5

Only problem its a little bit of a beast it looks abit big so i was looking for some a alittle more discreet

I feel a bit tore between and pax and a solo 2 as i have done a bit more digging and stuff

I really happy with my dyna vap jus need to buy a few more o rings for it as mine have split then i feel im gunna do abit more research and discide thanks for your help bro

Essexturk420
Posts: 73
Joined: Fri 12th Apr 2019 03:07 pm
Location: Essex

Re: Potable vaps

Post by Essexturk420 » Sun 11th Aug 2019 07:30 am

Sanchez_ wrote:
Sat 10th Aug 2019 10:02 pm
Essexturk420 wrote:
Sat 10th Aug 2019 07:47 am
So i feel like i should treat myself to a new vap as i have my dynavap i got it back in 2016 and i feel with this day and ages i should treat my self to a upgrade but i cant decide what one should i go for , i feel maybe i should upgrade to a battery powered one as i should go with the time as it might be easyer to do on the go , my head turned to the pax but i do love a dynavap it jus the fact of manuel heating it up , im jus wondering what everyone else is using ?
I have: Pax 3(pretty much retired right now), Arizer Argo, RBT Splinter, S&B Mighty

The Argo is fantastic for flavour and easy to clean/swap tubes, has the replaceable 18650 battery. It's also still pretty stealthy and easily pocketable. It's my 2nd most used vape and was my daily driver before the Mighty was purchased.

The Mighty is my daily driver for at home but also gets day trips. The best all-round performer for me, barely touched my other vapes since owning it.

If size or stealth isn't an issue then I would always recommend the Mighty however for more stealth and smaller bowls still with good flavour then the Argo scores well.

Hope that helps!
I got to say ive jus check the argo out looks like a cool little device

Essexturk420
Posts: 73
Joined: Fri 12th Apr 2019 03:07 pm
Location: Essex

Re: Potable vaps

Post by Essexturk420 » Sun 11th Aug 2019 08:01 am

So after doing my research im defo tore between the solo 2 and argo

I just cant decide lol

User avatar
RoMoney
Posts: 814
Joined: Thu 26th Oct 2017 10:58 pm
Location: EU

Re: Potable vaps

Post by RoMoney » Sun 11th Aug 2019 12:43 pm

Pax is handy and stealthy, but I would say the Argo trumps it for the replaceable battery and the glass stem which is better for flavour.

Essexturk420
Posts: 73
Joined: Fri 12th Apr 2019 03:07 pm
Location: Essex

Re: Potable vaps

Post by Essexturk420 » Wed 14th Aug 2019 08:20 pm

So the decision has been made solo 2 it is :D

User avatar
Sanchez_
Posts: 75
Joined: Thu 21st Mar 2019 10:56 pm

Re: Potable vaps

Post by Sanchez_ » Wed 14th Aug 2019 08:25 pm

Essexturk420 wrote:
Wed 14th Aug 2019 08:20 pm
So the decision has been made solo 2 it is :D
Congratulations! I've never tried either the OG or Solo 2 but have always been told great things, plenty of glass stem options for it too! I hope you enjoy it man!

Essexturk420
Posts: 73
Joined: Fri 12th Apr 2019 03:07 pm
Location: Essex

Re: Potable vaps

Post by Essexturk420 » Wed 14th Aug 2019 08:33 pm

Sanchez_ wrote:
Wed 14th Aug 2019 08:25 pm
Essexturk420 wrote:
Wed 14th Aug 2019 08:20 pm
So the decision has been made solo 2 it is :D
Congratulations! I've never tried either the OG or Solo 2 but have always been told great things, plenty of glass stem options for it too! I hope you enjoy it man!
Thanks mate , i done alot research in to it and was very tempted by the argo but stealth aint to much of a problem for me as i will be jus using the vape in the garden or wen im out and about , but im super excited now for it to come

I will defo give a further review once ive played about with it

Stay tuned 8)

User avatar
Sanchez_
Posts: 75
Joined: Thu 21st Mar 2019 10:56 pm

Re: Potable vaps

Post by Sanchez_ » Wed 14th Aug 2019 08:38 pm

Essexturk420 wrote:
Wed 14th Aug 2019 08:33 pm
Sanchez_ wrote:
Wed 14th Aug 2019 08:25 pm
Essexturk420 wrote:
Wed 14th Aug 2019 08:20 pm
So the decision has been made solo 2 it is :D
Congratulations! I've never tried either the OG or Solo 2 but have always been told great things, plenty of glass stem options for it too! I hope you enjoy it man!
Thanks mate , i done alot research in to it and was very tempted by the argo but stealth aint to much of a problem for me as i will be jus using the vape in the garden or wen im out and about , but im super excited now for it to come

I will defo give a further review once ive played about with it

Stay tuned 8)
With dual usage you've described it's sounds like you've made the right choice for you! Which afterall it has to be!
Another advantage of the Solo over the Argo is the bowl size is bigger, I find sometimes the Argo doesn't hit hard even though the flavour is amazing due to the small bowl size in that tiny stem, that's not to say it's crap either but just against other vapes in the category/price bracket it can lack a punch from the smaller bowl (but obviously there are other benefits to that £££)
Look forward to your review!

kalima
Posts: 130
Joined: Fri 23rd Sep 2016 11:27 am

Re: Potable vaps

Post by kalima » Sat 17th Aug 2019 12:34 pm

I have had pax 3 and Da Vinci IQ and I rate the IQ as better for weed, but you can do hash in the pax 3, I own a spiritvape as well, which with the hash canister is a great vape for travelling to Amsterdam etc, as if customs were to be difficult and take off you £100 is easier to swallow that £200 . but it isn't same quality smoke as IQ. I also use a genius pipe which I record is the ultimate pipe, easy to clean and so smooth to smoke hash through.

Essexturk420
Posts: 73
Joined: Fri 12th Apr 2019 03:07 pm
Location: Essex

Re: Potable vaps

Post by Essexturk420 » Sun 18th Aug 2019 06:18 am

So bang bang my vape is here :D it got here yesterday afternoon . And wow this vape is a amazing bit of a equipment and much better then my dynavap the new gen of vaping not having to use a lighter heat it up maybe a bit lazy but wow , defo worth the £148 pound i brought from vapefiend as it was suggest on here by @djgtp so thanks bro , i used the 420 discount. So with the discount i payed for next day delivery and i think it was truely worth it .
The vape it self took a little bit of time to play with it to work out about it . Was very easy was i worked it out , ive only tried the long stem no presonal preference, i loaded the end out with a tasty bit of G13 , the flavour is prefect the hole vape was really well i like that u vape the bowl for a good few mins getting lots of tokes . I start on about 170 then went up to 200 :mrgreen:

I would really like to thank everyone who helped me on my decision and gave me any advice

53 days till i get to dam :)

Feel free to give me a follow on instagram .... ockendam

Your favourite essexturk420 :wink:

djgtp
Posts: 33
Joined: Wed 21st Sep 2016 12:30 pm

Re: Potable vaps

Post by djgtp » Sun 18th Aug 2019 12:15 pm

Good choice, good price. Glad to hear you are pleased with it. Yeah once you've gone through settings ie timer for each cycle, beep on/off etc you only really need the temp. Even then it remembers temp from last cycle so can be as simple as one button to get going. I tend to leave mine at 190c all way through. My other tips are:-

-Don't fill stem right up to rim. Leave a small gap. To stop anything ending up on the oven surface. You do often get little bits on oven surface but can be blown out or gently moved. Had my solo2 over a year now and there's no marks / stains on it
-Don't pack the stem too tightly. Just helps airflow. A gentle push with fingertip to make it sit in nicely is all you need
-Clean glass tubes by pouring hot water through. Then paper towels / cotton buds to clean and dry inside. May need to soak in isopropyl alcohol every now and then for a thorough clean

Enjoy your new gadget!!

Post Reply

Return to “Headshops and Paraphernalia”