Best air-tight/smell proof stash containers

Hardware and techniques: joints, pipes and vaporisers.
Kid Chavez

Best air-tight/smell proof stash containers

Post by Kid Chavez »

Looking for some suggestions on a stealth stash containers. Smell proof is most important. Anyone have any experience with those faux soda cans? tightpac.com has some interesting products. Something big enough to fit some nugs...between 5-7g. I'm assuming most headshops in the dam offers several options?

Trips Completed: 18
Trips Scheduled: 0
nel z bub

Re: Best air-tight/smell proof stash containers

Post by nel z bub »

I really like the tight pac products, from the joint holders to the 10 litre containers they are all very useful.
My only issue with them is that the lids need to be handled carefully as they can crack.

I think you can get the full range in the Old Man head shop on Dam straat.
-nice things for nice people-
Kid Chavez

Post by Kid Chavez »

nel z bub wrote:I really like the tight pac products, from the joint holders to the 10 litre containers they are all very useful.
My only issue with them is that the lids need to be handled carefully as they can crack.

I think you can get the full range in the Old Man head shop on Dam straat.
Much obliged nel....exactly the information I was looking for.
Trips Completed: 18
Trips Scheduled: 0
Wolf46

Post by Wolf46 »

I bought the smelly bags to edit, should be the best solution ... or you can try the Tightvac!
Better a joint today that a bong tomorrow...
sensismiler

Post by sensismiler »

Tightvacs are crap imo. Not sure if I just got a dodgy one but it's definitely not air tight. Also as Nel said, the lids crack if you dont put them on straight.
Wolf46

Post by Wolf46 »

Indeed the tightvac is my second choice!
but if you have no intention to deceive the snifdogs or other particular use and your only need is to use as a container for the homegrow\purchased weed, i think is ok!
I use it regularly to put my grass on it everyday!
But i agree with sensismiller, obviously is not an object without flaws!
Better a joint today that a bong tomorrow...
Uncle Ron

Post by Uncle Ron »

This....
http://www.head-nature.com/tree/4154/Va ... ling-Bags/
...everything else is bollocks!
... :mrgreen:
sensismiler

Post by sensismiler »

Wolf46 wrote:Indeed the tightvac is my second choice!
but if you have no intention to deceive the snifdogs or other particular use and your only need is to use as a container for the homegrow\purchased weed, i think is ok!
They definitely have their uses but the OP was after something specifically for stealth / smell proofing. The tightvac just wont cut it. Dank weed can be smelt when its inside making it unfit for purpose.

My other issue is that not being airtight my bud goes crispy and loses flavour. That's not a problem for short term storage of course

I'm amazed nobodies suggested mason jars yet. One would think that's the most obvious option. You can get 0.25l ones which are good for around a half oz. I'm sure there must be smaller ones available.

A friend of mine swears by the soda cans. They feel just like a real can but im unsure how smell proof they are. He says they do the trick though.
Last edited by sensismiler on Wed 6th Feb 2013 07:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
treetop

Post by treetop »

sensismiler wrote:
Wolf46 wrote:Indeed the tightvac is my second choice!
They definitely have there uses but the OP was after something specifically for stealth / smell proofing. The tightvac just wont cut it. Dank weed can be smelt when its inside making it unfit for purpose.

My other issue is that not being airtight my bud goes crispy and loses flavour. That's not a problem for short term storage of course

I'm amazed nobodies suggested mason jars yet. One would think that's the most obvious option. You can get 0.25l ones which are good for around a half oz. I'm sure there must be smaller ones available.

A friend of mine swears by the soda cans. They feel just like a real can but im unsure how smell proof they are. He says they do the trick though.
I use those freezer bags with an actual zipper on the top. Not the ziplock one which are not smellproof. I put the baggie with the weed in normal ziplock bag then put the ziplock bag inside a bigger proper zipper freezer bag. All surfaces should be swabbed with alcohol as well.

If you want smell proof though you should be thinking vac pack.
How much did you produce?
zootly

Post by zootly »

The best thing i have found is actually the tubes that water soluble effervescent tablets come in (like these http://www.gymgrossisten.com/1/sv/artik ... 20g-orange). Those bastards need to be air tight, otherwise the tablets obviously go stale very quickly if exposed to any kind of humidity.

I've tried various bags, various so called air tight plastic containers... none of them come close to these tubes.
Merol

Post by Merol »

This is seemingly an old thread, but I'll add my two cents.

The problem with *any* container that claims to be smell proof is, they are unless you contaminate the item itself unknowingly. Cars are smell proof too, but the dogs find the car because you handled weed and then opened the door, contaminating the door handle. Ditto for anything. If you're handling your smelly bong or smelly weed, and putting it in inside the smell proof bags in that pack, the items in the pack may not smell, but the pack likely still will because you've handled it with contaminated hands from the objects you're trying to hide.

So, a smell proof container is one step of the process. Learning not to contaminate yourself and then contaminate things you handle is the other step. And if you learn that, any backpack is going to work because you can drop it in a simple small jar or pill bottle and put that in the pack and neither will smell as you've kept your hands clean.