Vape Pens in Amsterdam (Desperate)

Hardware and techniques: joints, pipes and vaporisers.
Weed-o

Re: Vape Pens in Amsterdam (Desperate)

Post by Weed-o »

I don't know if the OP still needs this, but I read that the TopBond Torch is a very good pen vape for its price (80 or 90€, can't remember), much better than the Flowermate Aura. Another good option would be the Storm.
Both are available at Vaposhop (Azarius online sister shop), so I'm quite sure that if you contact them a couple of days before heading to Amsterdam they will keep the unit awaiting for you in the shop.

OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

spidergawd wrote:
OneHighMofo wrote:If it's a samsung battery it'll be replaceable perhaps - even more plus points.
Good to see you posting regularly again Spider - I missed you :)
Got a bit lazy I reckon. :!: :)
Happens to the best of us! Glad you're back :mrgreen:
Mr Incognito

Post by Mr Incognito »

I vape hash in my Flowermate 5.0s (tooting away now at some of the Blue Dolphin superpolm, and its making big tasty clouds), and if the Aura is as good, I'd recommend it. My 5.0s was around £60 a couple of years ago, and its been used very regularly as my only vape. Cheap, effective, stealthy, reliable. If the Aura is all that and it charges by USB then maybe its time for a new vape!
spidergawd

Post by spidergawd »

Funny, I've got some electronic ones but my first proper vape after the buffallo bill glass globe :shock: which convinced me funny enough that vaping was an option,
I've got the Magic Flight Launch Box (with quite an early maker number if they originals become collectible).
Then I went gas with the early Iolites, easy to carry a tube of butane in the pack, mainly because I cycled and walked a lot plus every other coffeeshop and the didn't have charging stations. These have always been my favourite and my current one is in constant use, the relight valve is getting dodgy now but out of 2 year warranty so you can tell they last for the money. But in warranty, no questions new or reconditioned which is what this one is. :D
Then I had it's slightly sexy square cousin from the same company, the Wispr, cool huh? you see they left a letter out. any way they just weren't so robust and long wearing as the original, I almost got apologetic sending them back but always a replacement. Fair value, a premium on design, they could be put down and stand upright on the table so another £35. :mrgreen: Followed by the Flowermate v50s which at the moment has taken a back seat to the Davinci Ascent, which whilst not a mighty hitter. with the good herb I like it, temp control and program/timer setting. If you're into medicinal then your temp and timer are quite important for releasing the various goodnessess. Plus the oil and solid capability make it a good one for the ££ss :D
So the FMA is a strong contender for fathers day I hope :idea: assuming they dont just ignore me and I let them get away with it. Perfect little out and about machine, although I've never had difficulty using any of the others with a bit of discretion.
Vaporisers are liberating in a way that hiding that stinky cheesy joint that your walking down the high street with in your hand, just aint. :lol: :wink:
When you walk past a pub or coffee place round here I bet half the people out front at the tables are toking happily away. :D I hope so anyway. If you had a spliff going you would attract too much unwelcome attention. Times have changed round here but not everywhere, I go up to Hackney now and it smells like the old days, sometimes a little better. :idea:
What a long strange trip it is.
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

I'm quite itching for a portable vape myself. That grasshopper sure does look like a fine piece of vaping machinery, and less pricy than some of the others which have piqued my interest I.e. Mighty, Pax-3, Firefly 2
OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

That thing is THE SHIT for the money, one of the cons for me was the ceramic chamber - I agree with the reviewer it just tastes 'different'. But this thing comes complete with little stainless steel pre-fill insert pods for your herbs! The auto-loading grinder (not included) is; quite frankly. Genius.

I know it seems gimmicky but the thing about portable vapes is that grinding and loading them is difficult outdoors.
The Storz n Bickle Mighty/Crafty have a storage tub that also doubles up has a handy loading device; which makes the process a breeze if you remember to grind a couple of G's before you go. The downside of that is well a) pre-ground herbs. It's a bit 1980's and if you want to carry a cornucopia (and I do) of seperate flavours; you can't.

FM-Aura though - none of that mess. Grind AND auto-load! BOOM! Outdoor vaping nirvana.
Additional benefit being further separation from the heating element apparently and a more 'convection' style experience.

*edit* that lady is vaping at some crazy 420°f temps! - my mighty doesn't even go that high!
Last edited by OneHighMofo on Thu 19th Jan 2017 11:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

Thanks for that bro, have you tried both the aura and grasshopper?
OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

DeLekkersteNUGS16 wrote:Thanks for that bro, have you tried both the aura and grasshopper?
I've not tried either mate - I'm very curious indeed to try both.
worldcitizen1723

Post by worldcitizen1723 »

OneHighMofo wrote:
That Grasshopper is a sexy beast though - what's the draw resistance on the Grasshopper like WorldCitizen?
smooth and easy.
it is so subtle that I have used in many public places without issue. It is perfect for going out.

from their blog:

A slow draw amplifies the time you are exposed to hot vapor. The short vapor path means the vapor coming out is hot and the density of active ingredients is high. Don't make the mistake of thinking a longer draw is always better.
A longer draw will allow unnecessary heat to build up throughout the device. The Hopper will become unpleasantly warm on the exterior.
We recommend firm draws that last about 10-20 seconds. Since the Grasshopper is so effective, that’s all you need to get a solid hit. We also recommend clicking off your device right before the end or right after your draw. This will save your battery life and give your Hopper a moment to cool off before your next hit. If you’re passing the Hopper to a friend, continue to pull air through the device after clicking it off so that the vapor and device will cool off before handing it over.

-I find this advice spot on.

i have the mighty too, which i also like - but it is a bit conspicuous.
Not_the_monk

Post by Not_the_monk »

OneHighMofo wrote: I know it seems gimmicky but the thing about portable vapes is that grinding and loading them is difficult outdoors.
The Storz n Bickle Mighty/Crafty have a storage tub that also doubles up has a handy loading device; which makes the process a breeze if you remember to grind a couple of G's before you go. The downside of that is well a) pre-ground herbs. It's a bit 1980's and if you want to carry a cornucopia (and I do) of seperate flavours; you can't.
Nah you you just need to take a grinder and the loady device out with you, pretty easy to tip one into the other outdoors.

The Mighty is boss but it isn't subtle and as my main unit at home too I'm too fond of it (and it is frankly too expensive) to risk anything annoying happening with it with airport security, was going to pick up a Flowermate v5 for my next Amsterdam trip but this thread is making me think alternatives again :)
worldcitizen1723

Not_the_monk wrote:
OneHighMofo wrote: I know it seems gimmicky but the thing about portable vapes is that grinding and loading them is difficult outdoors.
Nah you you just need to take a grinder and the loady device out with you, pretty easy to tip one into the other outdoors.

The Mighty is boss but it isn't subtle and as my main unit at home too I'm too fond of it (and it is frankly too expensive) to risk anything annoying happening with it with airport security, was going to pick up a Flowermate v5 for my next Amsterdam trip but this thread is making me think alternatives again :)
I have used the mighty's loading thingy with the grasshopper. When it first came - i thought it was the stupidest thingy ever. But I do love it
OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

I even find getting ground material from the grinder into the loading tool a struggle outdoors - the result (especially in a breeze) is weed everywhere . I doubt this should reconsidered a design fault per se - I'm a clumsy fucker at the best of times admittedly. But design flaw might be more accurate - i dunno.
I always wondered why they didn't just make the fecking grinder screw onto the loader and deposit the material cleanly?
Weed-o

Post by Weed-o »

OneHighMofo wrote: one of the cons for me was the ceramic chamber - I agree with the reviewer it just tastes 'different'.
This.
If you own desktop vapes or high-end portables, you'll end up VERY disappointed by a Flowermate. That's my experience at least.
As soon as the unit gets hot you'll start tasting nasty flavors. I have the 5.0 version (the one with fixed temperature) and it was one of the worst purchases ever. Maybe the latest models that have isolated airpath do not carry those silicone, batteries and plastic smells, but with so many options to choose from, I'd stay away.
worldcitizen1723

OneHighMofo wrote:I even find getting ground material from the grinder into the loading tool a struggle outdoors - the result (especially in a breeze) is weed everywhere . I doubt this should reconsidered a design fault per se - I'm a clumsy fucker at the best of times admittedly. But design flaw might be more accurate - i dunno.
I always wondered why they didn't just make the fecking grinder screw onto the loader and deposit the material cleanly?
i just fully load the thingy before leaving home and it works fine outdoors
if i need to regrind and reload - i find a bathroom : )