How hot do you guys vape your weed at?

Hardware and techniques: joints, pipes and vaporisers.
Ratcliffe10

How hot do you guys vape your weed at?

Post by Ratcliffe10 »

I just got back from 'dam and brought a Vape back with me due.

It's got temperature control which was one of the reasons i chose it but I have no idea what I'm doing lol.

When I turn it up high it just burns! When I have it low i get high slowly but I get no clouds at all which is a shame as this is a part of vaping I like.

How have you guys got on with a weed vape?

OneHighMofo

Re: How hot do you guys vape your weed at?

Post by OneHighMofo »

Vapour quality ranges from unit to unit.
I vape at 185 - 190 (Celsius) on my Mighty.
It gives great clouds at 190 without burning the material at all
Kenshiro

Post by Kenshiro »

OneHighMofo wrote: Fri 22nd Sep 2017 09:42 am Vapour quality ranges from unit to unit.
I vape at 185 - 190 (Celsius) on my Mighty.
It gives great clouds at 190 without burning the material at all
Pretty much the same here...sometimes I go up to 195/199 to finish the bowl especially with hybrids but I tend to start at 185 and keep working up, to achieve more vapour as it goes but try to stop killing it off before the toasty taste sets in at the higher temps...(everything is unit and product quality dependant though as OHMF said)

Keep temps low and then find your midway sweet spot for clouds and flavour if your unit has a tendancy to frazzle material at higher temps.
spidergawd

Post by spidergawd »

180c to start and get the flavour going first. Then stepping through 185c, 190c. I mostly use a Davinci Ascent which I can program the the temps and timings, so I use 3 mins per step up. :D
Sometimes extend those times/temps depending on the ammunition. :mrgreen:
What a long strange trip it is.
MinnBobber

Post by MinnBobber »

what vape did you buy?

Is it a decent quality vape or el-cheapo??
Ratcliffe10

Post by Ratcliffe10 »

i brought a Da Vinchi from a shop on the street Ali Baba is on for around 70Eur - I was told it's a good vape. So far so good I guess lol - just need to master it
Annabelle

Post by Annabelle »

Cannabis is made up of different cannabinoids, flavournoids and terpenes that all have different effects and tastes

I find that temperatures below 190°C produce a head high and above that induces a body high and sometimes couch lock. After around 200°C you'll find that you get plenty of clouds but also that your bud is beginning to burn.

There is a lot of cannabinoids but the well known ones are :
  • THC - 157°C : The most well known and sought after cannabinoids. It gives users a sense of euphoria and can induce relaxation of the mind and muscles.
    CBD 160°C - 180°C : Popular among medicinal users. It also counters the negative effects of THC, countering feelings of anxiety and paranoia
    CBN - 185°C : CBN breaks down THC and is also associated with a sedative effect.

Terpenes are prominent in female plants that have been grown under extra light exposure. Their primary function is to protect plants from bacteria, fungi and insects but as a happy conincidence they have great effects on humans :-) :
  • Myrcene - 166°C : This terpene increases your body's ability to absorb THC. It also has analgesic, an antibiotic and anti-inflammatory properties.
    Beta-caryophyllene - 199°C : Reduces anxiety effects from THC. Is all anti-fungal and anti-inflammatory.
    Linalool - 199°C : Aids sleep, whilst reducing anxiety and psychosis.
Personally I like to start low - around 160°C - and turn it up 10 degrees every 10/15 mins or so. Takes me on a journey and is the perfect way to wind down after a long weekend!

Read more about what temperature to set my weed vaporizer
Uncle Dank