No idea which portable vape!

Hardware and techniques: joints, pipes and vaporisers.
MattS

No idea which portable vape!

Post by MattS »

So as always, the more I read and learn approaching an upcoming trip, the more I want to do :D I'd really like a portable vape to meet the following criteria and no idea which to buy

1) hypothetically speaking of course, if somebody wished to smoke a few bowls back at their hotel, having the option of producing little or no cloud (the option to scale would be nice!)
2) gives a lovely high
3) looks quite cool and isn't too chunky.
4) is easy enough to clean, to allow for flight security

I'm not so taken on the finger sensor pax, I mean it's probably awesome but I guess I'd like to actually press something? I also had a brief look at the mighty, I could probably live quite happily with it, if it's the best available, but it seems a little cumbersome! I'd also like to know what the pax and mighty are doing at their price point, that something like the ecapple iV-1 is not? Any ideas, please let me know :D

OneHighMofo

Re: No idea which portable vape!

Post by OneHighMofo »

Here's the forums thread on the topic. Your questions shall be answered :)
MattS

Post by MattS »

I actually saw this before but certainly didnt see the great head to head!! I read a comparison between the crafty and the pax 3 on a website and it actually had the crafty ahead by a nose. However given how much I love how the pax looks, especially in silver - i think it's the one for me! :D I couldn't find too much info about the size of the cloud being scalable though. But i'm sure i can experiment in my own time! I am so damned excited hahah :D
OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

You'll enjoy the Pax - it's a great unit. DLN's reviews are spot on. For me the 'back of the throat' pull that the Pax demands pushes the mighty and its more 'direct' and less resistant draw out front but I'm very tempted to add the Pax to the tool-belt just because it's so darn sleek.
MattS

Post by MattS »

Yes I was reading quite a lot about that, I dont mind having to take it slow and easy, that's basically how I smoke anyway :D Though it was actually the half sized bowl that tipped it off perfectly for an infrequent smoker like myself. In standard fashion...a wee side note! Can i fill up a little bottle that will fit in the plastic security bag, of the alcohol cleaner that's recommended for it? Couldn't see anything listed anywhere as this being against any rules
OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

MattS wrote: Fri 20th Oct 2017 12:44 am Can i fill up a little bottle that will fit in the plastic security bag, of the alcohol cleaner that's recommended for it? Couldn't see anything listed anywhere as this being against any rules
Yes I rather think you can - as long as it's less than 100ml.
Perhaps safer would be some alcohol wipes? They're highly effective.
redeyezman

Post by redeyezman »

Arizer solo still rocking. People complain about the draw but slow makes biggest clouds.
Shells sink. Dreams float.
MattS

Post by MattS »

OneHighMofo wrote: Fri 20th Oct 2017 10:00 am
I watched a few cleaning videos for it and it seems like a pipe cleaner and cotton bud would be the best approach. Though I guess in terms of ease of use, the wipe would be far easier for the oven and mouth piece. The body can probably wait till I'm home! Thanks for the suggestion :D
Kenshiro

Post by Kenshiro »

MattS wrote: Fri 20th Oct 2017 01:16 pm
OneHighMofo wrote: Fri 20th Oct 2017 10:00 am
I watched a few cleaning videos for it and it seems like a pipe cleaner and cotton bud would be the best approach. Though I guess in terms of ease of use, the wipe would be far easier for the oven and mouth piece. The body can probably wait till I'm home! Thanks for the suggestion :D
Try getting the pipe cleaner/cotton bud and holding it tightly with an Iso wipe..this is usually enough to get gunk sliding off and start the hardest bits.

I also own a Pax 3 and can confirm they are great! Takes a little getting used to as OHMF said with regards draw technique etc.

I think there are other units that can give a better quality of vapour or more vapour compared to Pax (although subjective) but nothing will beat its stealth and size...which were main points for my buying decision along with being a solid performer.
OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

sNc wrote: Fri 20th Oct 2017 06:29 pm I think there are other units that can give a better quality of vapour or more vapour compared to Pax (although subjective)
I've not come across one yet personally, not a portable anyway - it's definitely up there with the best of them imo.
For me the only unit that exceeds the vapour quality of the Pax/Mighty is the Volcano.

I do want to try the unit that Smirks champions tho - the Herbaliser XL. Hopefully he'll bring it along one 4/20
Kenshiro

Post by Kenshiro »

OneHighMofo wrote: Fri 20th Oct 2017 07:19 pm
sNc wrote: Fri 20th Oct 2017 06:29 pm I think there are other units that can give a better quality of vapour or more vapour compared to Pax (although subjective)
I've not come across one yet personally, not a portable anyway - it's definitely up there with the best of them imo.
For me the only unit that exceeds the vapour quality of the Pax/Mighty is the Volcano.

I do want to try the unit that Smirks champions tho - the Herbaliser XL. Hopefully he'll bring it along one 4/20
Yeah just going on what others say and a lot of reviews (lots of people rate the Mighty over the Pax for quality of vapour, draw etc. And some say the IQ or Airizer Air for flavour)

I've not tried all those devices to be fair...but recently I find myself wanting a bit more from a device ( more flavour and vapour density?)

I'm still very tempted to add an IQ to my arsenal as it's still stealthy...anything else is a bit too big for my requirements at the moment. .or I'd have a Mighty already!
MattS

Post by MattS »

Okay so my pax 3 arrived today, it came in a pax 3 box and has pax 3 stamped on it... However it isn't shiny, it's that steel/machine colour of the pax 2. Now I've hooked it to Bluetooth so I assume it must be a pax 3 unit but it certainly deosnt look anything like the polished look of all the other pax 3 videos I've seen. Am I being crazy here haha

https://ibb.co/gHTM5m
Kenshiro

Post by Kenshiro »

They recently released "matte" versions...sounds like you have one of those....

Most people dislike the polished paint they did for Pax 3..the Pax 2 was matte and didn't suffer with fingerprint marks.
MattS

Post by MattS »

That's enormously helpful buddy thank you :D I wouldn't have minded the polished steel, I think they look awesome! Though i'm not sure I can be bothered sending it back :D
OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

Oooo I'm even more tempted now they have matte versions. I was never a big fan of the shiny finish