Where to buy a glass bong under $300 in Amsterdam

Hardware and techniques: joints, pipes and vaporisers.
TheNetflixBandit

Where to buy a glass bong under $300 in Amsterdam

Post by TheNetflixBandit »

I understand that there will be a number of places to get a bong or a pipe. But I'm interested in anyone's suggestion of where to go. Looking for different or interesting pieces. Or if it's a straight pipe bong then just a place with quality. Let me know, thanks.

kushola

Re: Where to buy a glass bong under $300 in Amsterdam

Post by kushola »

check dna or roor they should have something for $300 or less.. quality too.

roor will even rent you one.
OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

Good luck buying a Roor for less than €300. maybe a tiny likkle one...

If you're looking for artisanal glass You could also try magic glass at Nieuwendijk 17 magicglass.nl
But for €300 you won't be buying a lot of glass in a shop like that.

If you're looking for something mid-range you could go for something from the Grace Glass range which you'll find in just about every head shop in town - they're difficult to miss.
TheNetflixBandit

OneHighMofo wrote: Wed 14th Feb 2018 12:57 pm
If you're looking for artisanal glass You could also try magic glass at Nieuwendijk 17 magicglass.nl
But for €300 you won't be buying a lot of glass in a shop like that.
Haha way to tease man, beautiful work it's tempting. I can go more for the right piece of coarse. It was hoping with so many head shops in the area there would be competitors in quality and price. But thanks for the suggestions man. I really want a artisan piece. It'll just have to speak to me when I see it I guess. Dam the cost! Haha
OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

Bro if it's artisanal glass you're looking for don't buy it in Amsterdam. You'll find much better pricing online or direct from the U.S where most of it comes from.

You could try www.patientnumberzero.com I've bought from there a few times and can highly recommend their service.

My main tip when buying glass at that level would be know what type and size of piece you like, get some experience hitting the type of percolator that you're interested in because they're all very different and your view of 'the hit' can make all the difference to the experience and your subsequent satisfaction of the piece.

I have a bunch of different pieces, some dedicated flower pieces (tend to be larger for more cooling) and pieces that I only Dab or vape from - the type of hit each Perculstor style gives is all important. Happy to give some specific advice if you have questions.

It's a big investment (that holds its value exceptionally well if looked after) so it's worth getting right.
TheNetflixBandit

OneHighMofo wrote: Wed 14th Feb 2018 03:11 pm
It's a big investment (that holds its value exceptionally well if looked after) so it's worth getting right.
it's daunting to try and find a piece online that is something you'd like. I was really trying to find something while on vacation. It's gonna be a number of years before I make a trip back. It doesn't have to be in Amsterdam but was hoping so. I'm also going to look around Utrecht. As far as what I want specificity is hard to say since when it comes to actual smoking implements I'm kind of clueless. But basically it will be my daily use piece, doesn't have to be huge but larger is nice, water bong but not a large amount of water if possible. Anything is possible really, I know it's vague.
OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

experience with the percolation type is all important - hit as many as you can during your CS visits, get to know the various perc types and how the shape and size of each piece effects the hit. That experience alone will give you a much better idea of what you like.

E.g., if you like some resistance to the draw. You'll want to look for a piece with multiple perc chambers - or 'fritted disc' percs (slab of glass with many drilled holes)

If you want zero resistance - something with an inline, showerhead or matrix perc would serve well.

Personally I wouldn't spend big money on a flower piece - other than Roor there aren't many artisanal producers making them. Sovereignty's stuff is well rated. Ive Sen luck enough to hit a couple - but they have too much resistance for my asthmatic lungs!

For me - the Möbius line from circle glass is my favourite - they have zero draw resistance because that's what the artist prefers (me too) so I know what I'm gonna get - I've never hit a möbius of any size that I wasn't wildly impressed with. They tend to make decent flower and oil pieces so cover the middle ground nicely.

If you're not sure - buy a couple of cheaper pieces to start with. You'll thank yourself later