Best for taste...

Hardware and techniques: joints, pipes and vaporisers.
Grendel

Best for taste...

Post by Grendel »

Hi everyone,
I love the smell of weed, I love the nuances you get from different strains and one of my all time fav was the old NYCD off Soma, smelled and tasted like red grapefruits. Even when you smoked it mixed with tobacco, you could taste the sweet flavour of the buds and it stayed on your lips for quite a while.
I stopped smoking a while ago and stared vaping, using Crafty, Arizer Extreme Q or another portable vape, I never came across a taste like I had with the NYCD. So I tried myself again with some pure joints, wanted to see if I can taste the weed, but no, all I tasted was smoke and burned leafs (rolled with raw papers).
Did I just had bad weed or was the NYCD just a one of a kind strain to get a real sweet taste of ? Am I just doing something wrong ? I just wanted to have great tastes of the weed I buy. I'm going back to the damn in May 13th, any tasty rec of buds I should try ?

Sanchez_

Re: Best for taste...

Post by Sanchez_ »

If a diesel strain hasn't been finished nicely or is a certain phenotype it can produce a different taste experience especially when vaping, it can deliver a bit of a washed out or musky taste in my experience. Try again with NY Diesel from 420 Cafe

Some other stains to consider that transfer taste well in a vape are:
SSH (or most Amnesia and crosses of it, depending on your taste and preferred effect)
NY Diesel or Grapefruit
Orange Soda
Blue Cheese( not many good ones available in AMS)
Shoreline
Tangie
Super Orange Glue
GDP
Jack Herer
Any cookies

Ki
Grendel wrote: Tue 23rd Apr 2019 08:33 pm Hi everyone,
I love the smell of weed, I love the nuances you get from different strains and one of my all time fav was the old NYCD off Soma, smelled and tasted like red grapefruits. Even when you smoked it mixed with tobacco, you could taste the sweet flavour of the buds and it stayed on your lips for quite a while.
I stopped smoking a while ago and stared vaping, using Crafty, Arizer Extreme Q or another portable vape, I never came across a taste like I had with the NYCD. So I tried myself again with some pure joints, wanted to see if I can taste the weed, but no, all I tasted was smoke and burned leafs (rolled with raw papers).
Did I just had bad weed or was the NYCD just a one of a kind strain to get a real sweet taste of ? Am I just doing something wrong ? I just wanted to have great tastes of the weed I buy. I'm going back to the damn in May 13th, any tasty rec of buds I should try ?

Try and avoid standard Kush strains too and go for something that is an OG cross which will deliver a better all-round taste experience
DjShaggy

Post by DjShaggy »

for all out smack your face off terps i will echo grapefruit diesels, tangie and super orange

never seems to be any decent grapefruit anymore tho, the guy in south east that used to grow THE dankest grapefruit diesel is gone

i fucking miss that weed

*please excuse my language in the above comment, it was indeed a sad day when that door came off*
ignoring spellcheck since 1986
Sanchez_

Post by Sanchez_ »

DjShaggy wrote: Wed 24th Apr 2019 10:57 am for all out smack your face off terps i will echo grapefruit diesels, tangie and super orange

never seems to be any decent grapefruit anymore tho, the guy in south east that used to grow THE dankest grapefruit diesel is gone

i fucking miss that weed

*please excuse my language in the above comment, it was indeed a sad day when that door came off*
:lol: Never apologize for such passion, I feel you and I think I know who you are referring to, sad times indeed
Grendel

Post by Grendel »

Ok, then I'll look around and jump to different CS's for your rec's.
My list starts with Het Ballontje, Voyagers, 420 Cafe, De Kade and Boerejoengens. Guess I'll just try them all ^^

I had the red grapefruit pheno of the NYCD back in 2005, growing small plants, small buds, but packed with taste... a dream